Program-Specific Info / Q's USA St. Augustine Acceptance MOT Summer/Fall 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just read a lot of others say that the school does not care about the students and they dont think twice about letting students go if they're not doing well. Oh and also the price tag is very steep. Did you apply for the summer 2021 cohort? They say USA only cares about the money.

Wow... I'm hearing a lot of mixed reviews about them. I did apply for the summer 2021 cohort, even scheduled an appointment with my advisor, but never got a call..... I'm getting worried cus you said you already did your interview. There's not many public school options here, so all of the OT schools are so painfully expensive. :/

Members don't see this ad.

Wow... I'm hearing a lot of mixed reviews about them. I did apply for the summer 2021 cohort, even scheduled an appointment with my advisor, but never got a call..... I'm getting worried cus you said you already did your interview. There's not many public school options here, so all of the OT schools are so painfully expensive. :/
When you set up your appt with advisor online you should've been able to pick the time and day. If they didn't call, maybe email them? Yeah I submitted my application around mid August and got a call maybe 2 weeks after that I got an interview offer. And I had my interview this past Thursday.

What did you hear about this school? Anything positive?

Reactions: 1 user
When you set up your appt with advisor online you should've been able to pick the time and day. If they didn't call, maybe email them? Yeah I submitted my application around mid August and got a call maybe 2 weeks after that I got an interview offer. And I had my interview this past Thursday.

I did pick a time and day using the link she emailed me first. It's so strange she never called me... I emailed her and called multiple numbers throughout the week but I can't seem to reach anyone. I don't know if I'm just calling during their after hours??

Members don't see this ad :)
I did pick a time and day using the link she emailed me first. It's so strange she never called me... I emailed her and called multiple numbers throughout the week but I can't seem to reach anyone. I don't know if I'm just calling during their after hours??
Hm... who's your advisor? Kelly helped me out and she's usually quick with emails

Hm... who's your advisor? Kelly helped me out and she's usually quick with emails

Her name's Zala. A while back, I also emailed her with a couple questions and she replied back nearly a month later. I assumed others were having the same problem, so I'm not sure what is going on. I get that they're busy, but it's frustrating when I can't reach anybody.

Her name's Zala. A while back, I also emailed her with a couple questions and she replied back nearly a month later. I assumed others were having the same problem, so I'm not sure what is going on. I get that they're busy, but it's frustrating when I can't reach anybody.
You should email Kelly Kobel instead. She's good with emails. I had trouble with Zala as well thats why I decided to contact Kelly with my application.

What did you hear about this school? Anything positive?
Hi! I was just wondering if you found/heard any positive information on USA? I've seen a lot of negativity about the program online, and I'm not sure what to believe.

I just read a lot of others say that the school does not care about the students and they dont think twice about letting students go if they're not doing well. Oh and also the price tag is very steep. Did you apply for the summer 2021 cohort? They say USA only cares about the money.
I have an interview this month for the summer 2021 San Marcos cohort. Any feedback/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

IMO, unless you get into the competitive but affordable UC/CSU schools, price for OT graduate programs are steep , generally 90k +. It's definitely an investment but yes USAHS is on the steepest side :/ . I heard that their fieldwork opportunities aren't as challenging/prepare you for the real world of OT. Not sure about them not caring/money driven but, if there's any current student at USAHS that can clear this up, we'd greatly appreciate it!

I have an interview this month for the summer 2021 San Marcos cohort. Any feedback/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

IMO, unless you get into the competitive but affordable UC/CSU schools, price for OT graduate programs are steep , generally 90k +. It's definitely an investment but yes USAHS is on the steepest side :/ . I heard that their fieldwork opportunities aren't as challenging/prepare you for the real world of OT. Not sure about them not caring/money driven but, if there's any current student at USAHS that can clear this up, we'd greatly appreciate it!
How did your interview go? I feel more comfortable about this school now and it will be where I will be attending this summer.

How did your interview go? I feel more comfortable about this school now and it will be where I will be attending this summer.
It went very well as I received positive feedback. How was yours? I also feel more comfortable with the school. Only thing is the money especially since our clinicals are guaranteed not in the SD area but I do feel like working PT would be more feasible at this school. Are you doing the MSOT or OTD? Fingers crossed for those upcoming acceptances 🙏🏽🍀🤞🏽

I applied to OTD but I prefer the Austin location and then the Dallas location, I got an interview but it didn't say if I was interviewing for any certain location. does anyone know if you interview for just the overall admittance into their program or if you interview for specific locations?

I applied to OTD but I prefer the Austin location and then the Dallas location, I got an interview but it didn't say if I was interviewing for any certain location. does anyone know if you interview for just the overall admittance into their program or if you interview for specific locations?
If you selected Austin for your first choice they’ll interview you for Austin with the Austin professors. If they don’t have any seats available they’ll send you to the Dallas campus. I’ll be going to the Dallas campus as Dallas rent is cheaper than Austin rent

It went very well as I received positive feedback. How was yours? I also feel more comfortable with the school. Only thing is the money especially since our clinicals are guaranteed not in the SD area but I do feel like working PT would be more feasible at this school. Are you doing the MSOT or OTD? Fingers crossed for those upcoming acceptances 🙏🏽🍀🤞🏽
haha i already got my acceptance back in September haha. I will be doing MSOT residential. Good luck to you!