USC Class of 2012: Trojan Family Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Now that someone mentioned OASIS, how do we actually register to it as well as myUSC ?? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Can you tell me more about this, I don't know about this account. Thanks.

It's the same account where they charge your tuition/housing fees and add your financial aid loans/grants. You can see it if you go into OASIS and into the billing system (might have to give it a few days to see your parking permit fees). You can also add "discretionary money" into this account onto your USC ID card for use at the libraries and food places.

Anyone know where we can pick up "will call" for the parking permits? It's not at the main campus is it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks skysong! :laugh:
Thanks to you, I don't have to take the bus or walk!

Haha..no problem. I should thank whoever bumped this thread up... I completely forgot about the permit sale until I logged in to sdn on account of being so bored at work :thumbup:

Yeah but how do we know what the password is? This is like my first time to the website? How do we set it up? Thanks.

I'm not sure, did you try the "login help" link underneath the login form? I only have my password now because I'm going to usc as an undergrad.

Yeah but how do we know what the password is? This is like my first time to the website? How do we set it up? Thanks.

I tried registering but it said that those who are not enrolled in classes can't get a username/password. Since we're new students and we didn't register for classes yet, maybe we have to wait.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks ~

I tried registering but it said that those who are not enrolled in classes can't get a username/password. Since we're new students and we didn't register for classes yet, maybe we have to wait.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks ~

Oh I just tried it and I was able to login to OASIS, apparently the passward is the birthdate mm/dd/yy :D, but I still can't login to myUSC because it says they haven't updated the system for new students or something like that...

I think you still can login, but the account for new student is just inactive.

Thanks azpixie - for some reason I thought we needed an account with USC already to register with transportation.

After a lot of attempts because of 'server overloads', I got through and secured a parking permit. Hey, for those who are able to sign on/register with OASIS, do you have a USC e-mail account already? Just wondering...

Oh I just tried it and I was able to login to OASIS, apparently the passward is the birthdate mm/dd/yy :D, but I still can't login to myUSC because it says they haven't updated the system for new students or something like that...

How did you go about obtaining a USC email account? Thanks.

I don't remember exactly when email gets updated, but I believe it's just before orientation. I know it takes forever.

FYI I setup a google group for housing. usc-housing.googlegroups.com It's setup as a public group so anyone can look at the posts. I've forwarded a couple of the housing emails that have been sent to me. You should be able to view them. I'll forward more as I receive them. There were tons the few weeks before the end of the semester, I'm not sure if the volume will pick up or die down as the summer progresses.

oh i haven't been able to set up the email account yet, so far the only thing i was able to login to is OASIS, i don't think they have updated the system for new students yet..

Members don't see this ad :)
haha omg i just got my WAITLIST number and im number 97 out of 130... wow.. guess no USC for me.

does anyone know if the class is full yet and if the waitlist positions are for those who decline the offer? or are they still filling the class?

haha omg i just got my WAITLIST number and im number 97 out of 130... wow.. guess no USC for me.

does anyone know if the class is full yet and if the waitlist positions are for those who decline the offer? or are they still filling the class?

Hey, I'm not 100% sure, but I remember reading in this thread (i think it was a post by farmercyst) that he received an email (from USC) that stated the class is filled up. I'm sure they will pull people off the waiting list as more people decline their acceptances, but I'm not sure how many. Try reading a few pages back in this thread and you might find that post.

If not, I would call on Monday and speak to someone at admissions. You'd probably get a better idea from them.

Good luck, and hopefully you had another option, if not the next cycle will start soon. :luck:

I am ranked in the 40s. I still have 2 prerequisites to finish excluding the ones that I am taking right now. I put down that I will complete them in the summer. What do you guys think are my chances?? I lam eaning toward giving up and not taking these classes in the summer but instead take them in the fall and focus on reapplying since even if i move up in the ranking i don't think I will have a shot to get in.

Hey, I'm not 100% sure, but I remember reading in this thread (i think it was a post by farmercyst) that he received an email (from USC) that stated the class is filled up. I'm sure they will pull people off the waiting list as more people decline their acceptances, but I'm not sure how many. Try reading a few pages back in this thread and you might find that post.

If not, I would call on Monday and speak to someone at admissions. You'd probably get a better idea from them.

Good luck, and hopefully you had another option, if not the next cycle will start soon. :luck:

post #820 ;)

We received over 1500 applications from PharmCAS for the Fall 2008 class. Completed applications (PharmCAS and USC supplemental) were about 1300. As of today, over 200 have been accepted our Pharm. D. program in the Fall. We expect some of the admitted candidates to withdraw during summer and some of the candidates on our waiting list may be admitted. We shall reach a class of 185-190 by late August. The average cumulative GPA of the interviewed candidates is 3.55.

Geez, if the average interviewee GPA is 3.55, is the accepted the same?

hey csayani,

do you still have any pre-reqs to finish? i'm from norcal so i haven't received the letter yet. i called the adcom office but they weren't very helpful in telling me how they determined the rankings or even anything about my application :(...i just have that speech class to finish...oh well looks I might have to apply again

hey csayani,

do you still have any pre-reqs to finish? i'm from norcal so i haven't received the letter yet. i called the adcom office but they weren't very helpful in telling me how they determined the rankings or even anything about my application :(...i just have that speech class to finish...oh well looks I might have to apply again

yeah i have 3 more so i would have to take summer school and i et my BA in june. Keep your hopes up. :)

yeah i have 3 more so i would have to take summer school and i et my BA in june. Keep your hopes up. :)

Hey guys... if you were interviewed that means you had what they were "looking" for. Just keep you heads up, finish up your pre-reqs and if you have to apply again (apply EARLY). Hopefully you guys got in somewhere else too.

# 79/130 :pNot as bright chances:p

Ahahahahhahahahah 100/130..... wow

If you look at the old thread (link on page three) starting at about page 14 it would appear that those numbers represent where you were when the list was origingated, but it's likely they won't be pulled in that sequence. The numbers will change as transcripts are received and GPA's are updated. You won't be notified, and I doubt they'd give you the new updated numbers when you send your spring grades in, but I'd send transcripts in as soon as they're available if they cause a GPA increase. You can call the school to verify, but it appears based on the numbers that got pulled out of sequence that this is the most likely scenario.

lol are you kidding me? so i went from being hopeful, to then coming to terms with my impossible admission (73/130), and now i am up to false hope. aye ya yay!

Hey guys! This is my first post, so I hope it goes well. Does anyone know how many people were accepted from the waitlist last year? I am trying to figure out if I should even bother getting my hopes up if only 5 or so people get added from the waitlist. Thanks!

Does anyone know what our options are in terms of Health Insurance coverage? Do we have the option to choose USC health insurance or a private (i.e. Blue Shield/Blue Cross) one?

Thanks!

Does anyone know what our options are in terms of Health Insurance coverage? Do we have the option to choose USC health insurance or a private (i.e. Blue Shield/Blue Cross) one?

Thanks!

I know that if you already have another insurance coverage, you can waive out out of USC's health insurance (saves about $200). Not sure if that answers your question.

I know that if you already have another insurance coverage, you can waive out out of USC's health insurance (saves about $200). Not sure if that answers your question.

Yes, it did. Thanks for responding to my post.

Yes, it did. Thanks for responding to my post.

Just keep in mind you have to meet or exceed their minimum coverage requirements to have it waived. To find out if your coverage qualifies you'll need to contact the insurance coordinator Roxana Solano 3234425989 (rsolano at usc dot edu)

Just keep in mind you have to meet or exceed their minimum coverage requirements to have it waived. To find out if your coverage qualifies you'll need to contact the insurance coordinator Roxana Solano 3234425989 (rsolano at usc dot edu)

Thanks Farmercyst! :thumbup:

Any one know where can I get the body check/ health check for a low price? Since I quit my job last year, I have no health insurance anymore. And USC require us to hand in the result for all vaccine/ health check, any information will be helpful. Thanks.

Does anyone know how to go about choosing a lender?

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know how to go about choosing a lender?

Thanks in advance.

I have no idea.

I'm actually completely lost about this whole FA process. I've never done it before. I've turned in fafsa... and a few forms to USC... are we supposed to wait for the FA office or should I be doing something right now?

I agree this is a very confusing process. I also turned in all my FA docs and finally received an email this morning that my award amount was available on oasis.

The amount does not cover the entire tuition (i think this differs per student), so you have to now choose from a list of lenders to get the rest of the money, and I have no idea how to choose :confused:.
That's why I was wondering if existing students or anyone knew how to go about it.

I have no idea.

I'm actually completely lost about this whole FA process. I've never done it before. I've turned in fafsa... and a few forms to USC... are we supposed to wait for the FA office or should I be doing something right now?

I did not get anything about financial aid. Did everyone get these emails???

I got the email about the oasis... but i couldn't log in. So I'm not sure how much of my tuition is covered, or even if it is. I have to call them on Tuesday.

Any one know where can I get the body check/ health check for a low price? Since I quit my job last year, I have no health insurance anymore. And USC require us to hand in the result for all vaccine/ health check, any information will be helpful. Thanks.

i'd like to know this as well.

btw, i got my financial aid award also. gotta choose a lender for the remaining costs now.

i'd like to know this as well.

btw, i got my financial aid award also. gotta choose a lender for the remaining costs now.

How much do you think it'll cost past the 45k financial aid offer? Is that only for the tuition and fees?

Never mind guys... i just got it.

The orientation is good but if you guys live really far away, it is not necessary. Everything will be discussed in August when you start your classes but it is a nice way to meet current pharmacy students as well as your fellow classmates.

Does anyone know when the white coat ceremony is and whether or not it is mandatory?

I need to finish my interpersonal communications class over the summer, and it ends on August 7th, so I hope I have enough time to come to the preliminary events.

Does anyone know when the white coat ceremony is and whether or not it is mandatory?

I need to finish my interpersonal communications class over the summer, and it ends on August 7th, so I hope I have enough time to come to the preliminary events.

I'm not sure, but they might let us know at the welcome reception. I THINK the white coat ceremony is during orientation week... but I could be wrong. Orientation week is a week before school starts... so you should be okay.

Could those of you who got accepted please list your stats. Ex. GPA, PCAT(if taken), extracurriculars. Thank you!

P.s. I hear that GPA weighs 70% out of the entire application. Is that true?:rolleyes:

Nope, I didn't get anything regarding financial aid. I did get a big welcome packet that includes a letter of intent to enroll that I must return. It says that after I turn that form/letter in I will get my USC computer account and email.

My offer is much lower than the 45k offer you got. It'll vary from person to person, but you'll probably be able to get up to the amont of your Cost of Attendance from the lender.

The white coat ceremony is on Aug 21st I believe, which is during the week of the mandatory Orientation. If your class ends on Aug 7, you should be ok, as long as you get your transcript in before school begins.

Nope, I didn't get anything regarding financial aid. I did get a big welcome packet that includes a letter of intent to enroll that I must return. It says that after I turn that form/letter in I will get my USC computer account and email.

I never received a big welcome packet that includes some letter of intent to enroll form. Is it of much importance? I have received the health forms and welcome reception invitation. What's going on?

I never received a big welcome packet that includes some letter of intent to enroll form. Is it of much importance? I have received the health forms and welcome reception invitation. What's going on?

I'm not an authority on how important it is. It was from the graduate school office of admissions. We already sent out deposits and intent to enroll forms to the school of pharmacy, but this still looks like it needs to be completed. Here is a paragraph from the welcome letter:

"Specific information regarding registration and enrollment is included in your Graduate Welcome packet, in addition to the University Intent to Enroll form. You will also receive a welcome letter from the department which will include a form to be returned to the department declaring your interest in enrolling. Both forms should be returned as soon as you have made your decision to enroll at USC, and no later than the deadline indicated in the departmental letter."

I'm really not sure when the deadline for this form is since the pharmacy deadline was a while back with our deposits.

I got my Graduate Welcome packet yesterday so maybe yours will come Tuesday or Wenesday. If not, I'd give the admissions office a call.

If it makes you feel better, I never received a reception invitation :( Maybe they assume that since I'm out of state I won't be coming.

Aaaaaa.....:scared:

This loooong weekend is the worst for me not to get any news from USC.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!!!

shehsheh and LabbyRatty, thanks you for replies.

I think they just sent out the letter of intent, and its from USC grad school not directly from the pharmacy school... so dont worry about it... it will come soon.