USC Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bump!

I think this week is the week.....

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump!

I think this week is the week.....

In the back of my head I can't help but keep think about the possibility I might get a letter in the next week...even though I consciously know I probably didn't turn my applications in in time to get be considered in the first batch :(

Annnnnd the waiting (and waiting and waiting) continues! Best of luck to you all and keep us posted!

when did you submit?

I submitted USC Supplementals early (late June) but my PharmCAS wasn't done/submitted until the second week of September. I know I didn't submit anywhere early enough to be hearing from USC about an interview anytime soon...but its still nerve-racking to hear all the buzz about this weeks mail :)

Last edited:
i called today and the lady said they were just about to mail them out today.

i called today and the lady said they were just about to mail them out today.

So what does that mean? They were about to but didn't?? I received a "lack" letter last Friday for missing a transcript. Has anyone else gotten a "lack" letter?

So what does that mean? They were about to but didn't?? I received a "lack" letter last Friday for missing a transcript. Has anyone else gotten a "lack" letter?

i submitted by application sometime in June...i havent received a LACK letter...just 2 "application complete acknowledgements"...so confused :confused::confused::confused:

Lack letter = e-mail that states the things "lacking" from your file (classes/transcripts/etc). It is a file that opens up in any word processor .

If she said they're getting mailed out today. It'll probably be in mail boxes starting Wed. in so cal (my guess)

just trying to help goinkhead ...

by the way,
"just about to send the letters" means that they were right about to send it out as he called ...

So, it can be as early as tomorrow then. Best bet might be on Wednesday.

Members don't see this ad :)

by the way,
"just about to send the letters" means that they were right about to send it out as he called ...

thanks! (btw, i didn't take your response as a "duh" comment)

but anyways, i was under the impression that everyone receives a lack letter, whether all the documents have been received, or all the prereqs have been completed.
a lack letter indicates that your file has been reviewed....so in my case, my file is still being reviewed....im not sure..i might be wrong

anyone care to chime in on this?

if you're lacking a transcript, would they still invite to an interview? I guess I'll find out soon...

yes, they will.

there are anecdotes here on sdn where students got accepted without sending in transcripts...the LACK letter tells you what you need to turn in/classes need to be completed before you begin.

if you're lacking a transcript, would they still invite to an interview? I guess I'll find out soon...

yes, they will.

there are anecdotes here on sdn where students got accepted without sending in transcripts...the LACK letter tells you what you need to turn in/classes need to be completed before you begin.

Thanks! good to know... Why are you still confused about what a lack letter is??

thanks! (btw, i didn't take your response as a "duh" comment)

but anyways, i was under the impression that everyone receives a lack letter, whether all the documents have been received, or all the prereqs have been completed.
a lack letter indicates that your file has been reviewed....so in my case, my file is still being reviewed....im not sure..i might be wrong

anyone care to chime in on this?

how long has it been since you turned in your supplemental? if it's been over a month, you should give them a call.

Thanks! good to know... Why are you still confused about what a lack letter is??

what gives you the impression that i dont know what a lack letter is? (quote me)...

im a little worried that i havent received one...that if im right about what a lack letter is, why is it taking so long to review my application.

how long has it been since you turned in your supplemental? if it's been over a month, you should give them a call.

I submitted sometime early July. I had a running dialogue via email with USC about my application during mid july. at the end, they said my application was completed at the time...a few weeks later i got the first "application complete acknowledgment" letter...a few weeks after that i got another "application complete acknowledgment"

weird...

ill call them sometime this week, if i don't get an interview invite :oops::)

care to elaborate on your "uuummmm..."

so i get the feeling that youre a big jack-ass...so, ill try to sum it up so you understand my point about the lack letter.

my point from the very beginning is that i have not received a lack letter....therefore, my application is still being reviewed. im not sure why its taking so long to review my application.

reading comprehension is not your friend...is it?

care to elaborate on your "uuummmm..."

so i get the feeling that youre a big jack-ass...so, ill try to sum it up so you understand my point about the lack letter.

my point from the very beginning is that i have not received a lack letter....therefore, my application is still being reviewed. im not sure why its taking so long to review my application.

reading comprehension is not your friend...is it?

You're the one with the application issue... so don't be mad at me by calling me names and insulting me.

by the way,

My apologies.. I thought you were stating the obvious, but I guess I shouldn't assume it's obvious to others...

i tried calling them today about my LACK letter too. i turned in my apps on july31st. both pharmcas and suppl. the lady was pretty mean today :( she said that my application is being evaluated. i told her i didn't understand why others who turned it in september got the LACK letter before me. She told me "WHAT IS THERE NOT TO UNDERSTAND. WE ARE CURRENTLY in the process of evaluating. do you not understand that?"
gulp*

i tried calling them today about my LACK letter too. i turned in my apps on july31st. both pharmcas and suppl. the lady was pretty mean today :( she said that my application is being evaluated. i told her i didn't understand why others who turned it in september got the LACK letter before me. She told me "WHAT IS THERE NOT TO UNDERSTAND. WE ARE CURRENTLY in the process of evaluating. do you not understand that?"
gulp*

Oohh Sorry about that. But I called USC once to see if they had received my supplemental because it had been weeks after I mailed it in. I got the same exact response. I don't know why USC is paying someone to answer the phone just to say that.

Apparently I had a missing transcript....I thought I sent it in already...they think I sent it into the Graduate Studies...I was freaking out....So I think I'm out of the early batches, thats for sure...I hope my transcript is in soon...or else, I guess I'm out of the running....

How do u check if usc receive transcript yet ?

gulp*

Yeah, generally not a good idea to question their methods during this period. Not that they don't deserve questioning, just that it's a very hectic time for them and thus things can get quite hairy if you go touching people's last nerves and such. It's the same reason I suggest asking professors for LOR's about a week after final grades are due. You don't want to talk about it while they're prepping for finals, grading finals, or under the gun to get final grades in by the deadline. In this case, the application deadline is in 10 days away, and you wouldn't believe how much stuff they're going to have to deal with as people are trying to verify every minute detail of their application before 11/1 and then get logistics in place for interviews two weeks later. (You wouldn't believe the hassle to get that many faculty/alumni in place for 1 day for interviews.)
Not saying you deserve to get your head bit off, but just a glimpse as to why it might happen.

Last edited:
Yeah, generally not a good idea to question their methods during this period. Not that they don't deserve questioning, just that it's a very hectic time for them and thus things can get quite hairy if you go touching people's last nerves and such. It's the same reason I suggest asking professors for LOR's about a week after final grades are due. You don't want to talk about it while they're prepping for finals, grading finals, or under the gun to get final grades in by the deadline. In this case, the application deadline is in 10 days away, and you wouldn't believe how much stuff they're going to have to deal with as people are trying to verify every minute detail of their application before 11/1 and then get logistics in place for interviews two weeks later. (You wouldn't believe the hassle to get that many faculty/alumni in place for 1 day for interviews.)
Not saying you deserve to get your head bit off, but just a glimpse as to why it might happen.

that is true. it must be really stressful for them since deadline is approaching... T_T :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently I had a missing transcript....I thought I sent it in already...they think I sent it into the Graduate Studies...I was freaking out....So I think I'm out of the early batches, thats for sure...I hope my transcript is in soon...or else, I guess I'm out of the running....

Nah. A transcript will not delay the evaluation of your application. Myself and a few others have been told that by the admissions office. I had one missing and was panicking, I asked them in an email if I should rush them another transcript and they said not to worry about it, that it would not cause any delay.

And then you have the stories of people from prior years getting accepted while still missing transcripts.

I guess we'll find out this week for sure, but I'm 99% sure it's not going to hurt.

This is straight from the email I received regarding the Lack Letter:

"We are continuing to evaluate and not everyone gets a lack letter. Those that have the best background and apply earliest are evaluated first. Only if lacking particular courses that need to be fulfilled will they get a lack letter."

So don't worry if you haven't received one. I'm a little worried about the "best background is evaluated first" part though.

This is straight from the email I received regarding the Lack Letter:

"We are continuing to evaluate and not everyone gets a lack letter. Those that have the best background and apply earliest are evaluated first. Only if lacking particular courses that need to be fulfilled will they get a lack letter."

That's weird. I'm not lacking any of the prereq courses and I received a lack letter.

I just got an usc interview invitation via snail mail. It will be on nov. 15...

Good luck to u all!

I live in California.

Submitted in June, but I had a problem with my transcript(s), so it was completed in mid September...

Once again, good luck to you all and God bless.:)

p.s. i think I sent my supplimental app in july(?!?), not sure. O and i did NOT take PCAT.

Last edited:
man i'm pretty anxious to get home and check mail....haha

I'm getting nervous. I didn't send in my supplemental until mid-September though so it might be a longer wait for me...

hey guys! i just got my interview invite today. Nov 15.. .ahhh!! the day after my UOP. how nerve racking!! btw, i applied really early (the end of June). good luck to you guys!

My mail comes late (I live in the Valley).. got my interview for nov 15 also!!

Turned in my apps early august
-reapplicant
-3.6 overall / ~3.5 pre-reqs

good luck to everyone!

Snail mail interview invite, sent 10/20. Supplemental sent late August, PharmCAS sent early Sept, and complete mid-late Sept.

Nothing in the mail for me today. Hopefully tomorrow... Congrats to those who have received the invites! :hardy:

I just got an usc interview invitation via snail mail. It will be on nov. 15...

Good luck to u all!

Congrats!!!

I just got my interview invitation today for November 15th at 9:35 AM!!!!!:laugh::):D