Usc How Good Is It

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nyconline

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone knows about how good the USC program is

Members don't see this ad.

don't even consider it. everybody i talked to, even from california, is avoiding that place like a plague. i think it has some accreditation issues. even residents are telling me to forget that program. no specifics to tell you though, but it's a common consensus from several people.

Does anyone know anything about the programs in Chicago (specifically U of Chicago, Northwestern and U of Illinois at Chicago)? Any input would be appreciated.

Actually, I just interviewed at the SC program. It is strong- fully accredited, strong chairman (just came in a couple of years ago and revamped the program), happy CA-1's, good schedule, excellent training (more hands on than UCLA). Some CA-1's are doing cardiac cases after 6 months. Didactics need some improvement, but full accreditation status has allowed for increased recruitment of faculty. I would say it's a program on the rise and likely to continue the upward momentum.