1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Usc How Good Is It

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by nyconline, Nov 15, 2002.

1. nyconline

nyconline New Member

I was just wondering if anyone knows about how good the USC program is

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gas-x

gas-x Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

don't even consider it. everybody i talked to, even from california, is avoiding that place like a plague. i think it has some accreditation issues. even residents are telling me to forget that program. no specifics to tell you though, but it's a common consensus from several people.

4. DOMD

DOMD Member
    7+ Year Member

Does anyone know anything about the programs in Chicago (specifically U of Chicago, Northwestern and U of Illinois at Chicago)? Any input would be appreciated.

5. pudendal69

pudendal69 New Member

Actually, I just interviewed at the SC program. It is strong- fully accredited, strong chairman (just came in a couple of years ago and revamped the program), happy CA-1's, good schedule, excellent training (more hands on than UCLA). Some CA-1's are doing cardiac cases after 6 months. Didactics need some improvement, but full accreditation status has allowed for increased recruitment of faculty. I would say it's a program on the rise and likely to continue the upward momentum.