This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nimz14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently got accepted into the University of Southern California's online MPH program for Spring 2016. I applied in the Biostatistics & Epidemiology track.

I was hoping that current students/alumni from the program could tell me what it's like and whether they recommend the program or not.

Also, any alumni out there, have you had trouble finding a job in public health afterwards?

I know that studying online may not be ideal for an MPH according to some, but I can't study on campus for personal reasons and I'm hoping to intern or work in public health in my local area while I'm enrolled in the online program.

Any information or advice would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I recently got accepted into the University of Southern California's online MPH program for Spring 2016. I applied in the Biostatistics & Epidemiology track.

I was hoping that current students/alumni from the program could tell me what it's like and whether they recommend the program or not.

Also, any alumni out there, have you had trouble finding a job in public health afterwards?

I know that studying online may not be ideal for an MPH according to some, but I can't study on campus for personal reasons and I'm hoping to intern or work in public health in my local area while I'm enrolled in the online program.

Any information or advice would be much appreciated!

I am interested in applying to this program as well. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Hi guys, I started this program in Aug 2015. My stats: GRE:160. Undergrad GPA 3.2. Current GPA: 3.85.
There're pros and cons about the program so far for me.
Pros: The advisors are VERY active in introducing intern/job opportunities to online MPHers. The professors are accommodating. And of course, the flexibility in your schedule.
Cons: When it comes to tech help, it's a bust sometimes. Especially for those in biostats track, virtual instructions on using the software are not always clear and good luck getting an in-person appointment, it WILL NOT happen. It is frustrating waiting for a response from the professors and their TAs. Sometimes it takes them more than 48hours to reply.
Overall, I like it and would recommend it. I heard they changed the combo of epi/biostats this last semester so that is good because I'm currently taking both epi and biostats and it is hell. For anyone who has any obligation outside of school like a job or a family, well, bite your tongue and cross your fingers.