Program-Specific Info / Q's USC OT 2019-2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when we should expect to hear a decision? I'm anxiously waiting!

Just received an email from the admissions director and she mentioned that we should hear about our final decisions at the end of Feb and early March.

Also, from the general OTCAS thread, some applicants who were selected for Phase 2 didn't receive their final decisions but received emails where USC required more info about financial aid.
 
Applicants who were selected for Phase II, have you guys hear back yet? I know some people were accepted back in November and December but wondering when they will be sending out decisions for people who submitted videos for Phase II
 
Applicants who were selected for Phase II, have you guys hear back yet? I know some people were accepted back in November and December but wondering when they will be sending out decisions for people who submitted videos for Phase II

I have not heard back yet! I heard that they are sending admissions decisions out by the end of the month!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! Does anyone know if they will send out the decisions by e-mail or a phone call ? I'm so nervous waiting!
I work at the hospital at USC and was told by previous students email. Some of the people that graduated 3+ years ago said snail mail but I doubt they do that anymore
 
I received an email when I was accepted in December. I think I had 2 weeks to respond. There’s also a stipulation in the email acceptance from the OT department that it’s contingent upon approval by the overall Graduate Studies department (I don’t think that’s the official name but something like that). That came a couple weeks later via email and I had to login to YouSC to see the final official letter from them. As far as I know, nothing comes via snail mail anymore.
 
I work at the hospital at USC and was told by previous students email. Some of the people that graduated 3+ years ago said snail mail but I doubt they do that anymore
Do you know if they send rejections/waitlist through email as well?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed the Director of Admissions again today and she stated that we will hear back "end of Feb - the first week of March" So we should know soon. Good luck to everyone 🙂
 
I emailed the Director of Admissions again today and she stated that we will hear back "end of Feb - the first week of March" So we should know soon. Good luck to everyone 🙂
yay! I hope we don't have to wait another week though. Good luck 🙂
 
Me too! I just got the email. I’m honestly okay with it because I wasn’t expecting to get in.
 
I still haven't heard back. But do you mind if you share your stats?
major: psychology at Ohio university
GPA: 4.0
Pre req: 4.0
GRE: 151 142 4.0
I had an internship in kenya with kids with Cerebral Palsy, volunteer in Laos, shadowed at a rehab facility! I think I had about 100 hours. I volunteer at senior center to help with technology as well! And am involved in campus in THON, pre OT club, honors fraternity
 
major: psychology at Ohio university
GPA: 4.0
Pre req: 4.0
GRE: 151 142 4.0
I had an internship in kenya with kids with Cerebral Palsy, volunteer in Laos, shadowed at a rehab facility! I think I had about 100 hours. I volunteer at senior center to help with technology as well! And am involved in campus in THON, pre OT club, honors fraternity

Thank you for sharing your stats and congrats on getting atleast waitlisted!! I still haven't heard back, but I have heard USC continues to let the waitlist on even til march!
 
Thank you for sharing your stats and congrats on getting atleast waitlisted!! I still haven't heard back, but I have heard USC will continues to let the waitlist on even til march!

They said in the email that they keep letting people off the waitlist until the start of the program in June! So if you get waitlisted there is hope. I’m holding out!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Positive vibes your way!! Waitlist is still amazing! The program is extremely competitive and I know people in the program who got off the waitlist 🙂
Agreed!! My girlfriend got called the day before the program started for acceptance. She was on the waitlist! So don't lose hope!!!
 
For those who have received waitlist emails, were they from an admissions general email or from specific USC admissions people? (there's like 3 different people depending on what your last name is)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad