This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Got my acceptance for 11/13 interview today at 7 pm!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those that got accepted!! I guess this means they send out one mass email for acceptance. Unless, each email was addressed to your name... I'm already on AC for another school so this is pretty depressing... I know there's still time left but... This waiting game stress is bad for my health!!! Lol. Congrats again!!

Reactions: 1 users
Got accepted from the 11/13 interview yesterday at 7pm!

For those of you got accepted, have you completed all of your prerequisites for USC? Just wondering if unfinished/in process coursework has anything to do with it... I have 2 more coursework that I need to complete so...

Anyone hear back from the 11/13 interview? Geez!!!!

congrats!!!! What time did you get the email? I'm waiting to hear back from the 11/13 interview. Congrats again!!
Heard back about 11/13 interview Thurs at 7pm. Accepted! Can't wait!

Finally got my app confirmed! Only took 11 weeks LOL

When is the next interview date, does anyone know? I was put on the waitlist from the 11/30 interview, and I'm assuming they look at me again then so... I have even more waiting to do! D:

When is the next interview date, does anyone know? I was put on the waitlist from the 11/30 interview, and I'm assuming they look at me again then so... I have even more waiting to do! D:
Next one's 1/22 according to their website, don't lose hope yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you get into UCSD, UCSF or UOP, then don't go to USC. This school is unorganized and treats students in the most unethical manner possible as you can see based on how they are handling applications.

The accreditation committee has asked the school to restrain power hungry Dr Besinque, but the school is to scared of her. Too many ineffective "leaders". If you can avoid the school, don't waste 250 k for a school that's been going south quickly. You've been warned. PM if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Bumping this! I feel like they've been relatively slow with interview invitations? Granted I submitted mine about 10 days before the deadline but I have a friend who submitted her apps earlier than me and have already heard back from all the schools she's applied to (SF, SD, Western, UOP) but not USC....

Bumping this! I feel like they've been relatively slow with interview invitations? Granted I submitted mine about 10 days before the deadline but I have a friend who submitted her apps earlier than me and have already heard back from all the schools she's applied to (SF, SD, Western, UOP) but not USC....

I agree with you. I submitted my apps with ucsf and ucsd the same day. I already heard back from the other 2 but not usc. They are slow. I feel like it might be theyare out of slots for 1/22 so we have to wait until the end of the month for february. i think.

I am sorry i am new to this forum. What does "on AC" mean?

I interviewed on Jan 22. I don't know how long it's going to take to hear back... I agree with people saying that tuition is insanely high here. I'm not sure if it's worth it. >__< plus my impression of LA is not very pleasant.
Anyway, if anyone hears back from the Jan interview please holler !

I interviewed on Jan 22. I don't know how long it's going to take to hear back... I agree with people saying that tuition is insanely high here. I'm not sure if it's worth it. >__< plus my impression of LA is not very pleasant.

I think (considering the context) AC means "the wait list." Not positive, but that's my best assumption. And don't be sorry, that's what the thread is for! Good luck!

AC stands for "active consideration" which is what USC calls its waitlist. The candidates that aren't accepted right away are still considered for acceptance during the following interview rounds.

Anyone heard back from the 1/22 interview?

For those that are on AC and still have prerequisites to fulfill, have you sent an updated transcript to USC directly? I only completed Fall Academic Update on PharmCAS... Just wondering what else we need to update. Thanks in advance for any additional info.

Anyone else hear back from 1/22 interview?

Update: Interviewed 11/13
Put on AC: December
Accepted: 2/12 @ 2:07 pm.

Wow, the tuition for this program is through the roof!

total cost of attendance is $320,000 without accrued annual interest

not exactly the smartest financial decision.... but hey its Cali.

I got an offer after my 01/22 interview but I am going to have to decline due to the super expensive tuition ;(

yes, go to USC if you like being in debt.

hey, can you tell me about their interview, their writing ? were they doable?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/go-to-usc-and-get-a-378-700-student-loan-bill.1098797/

The estimated cost of attendance at USC is about $378,000. It has gone up a bit since that post was made.

with pharmacy at the state that its in today, graduates with this kind of debt will be in an even greater disadvantage.
you can lie to yourself and say that if you work hard enough you will pay off that debt and do just fine, well theres
as reason you're applying to pharmacy school and not to medical/dental, its because you dont work hard and can't make
the cut for better programs. it is essential for pharmacists to graduate from the least expensive school, not the highest
ranked. USC's #10 spot means nothing, if you are able go elsewhere.

Has anyone been invited for the interview on March 12?

I submitted my application mid-October and got an email saying I've satisfied all their pre-req courses back in November, but I haven't received anything from them since. The email also says that I'll be notified 1-3 weeks before an interview date, do I just hold my breath until the end of the week? USC is the only school that I applied to that hasn't invited/declined me, so I'm a bit antsy at this point.

Was anyone else notified of an invite 1 week before an interview? Seems stressful!

I submitted my application mid-October and got an email saying I've satisfied all their pre-req courses back in November, but I haven't received anything from them since. The email also says that I'll be notified 1-3 weeks before an interview date, do I just hold my breath until the end of the week? USC is the only school that I applied to that hasn't invited/declined me, so I'm a bit antsy at this point.

Was anyone else notified of an invite 1 week before an interview? Seems stressful!
I submitted my app approximately 1-2 weeks or so before the deadline and I received an invitation for the March interview on February 23!

Same thing:(( I have submitted my application in October. January 11, I received email requesting my fall semester grades. I emailed them results. They wrote me that they are waiting now for PharmCAS official confirmation ( I sent them updated transcript and have updated the application). Since then-nothing!!! My stats: GPA 3.7; graduated from USC Keck School of Medicine ( Public health major) cum laude, have a lot of experience in medical field, 5 research publications ( did research at UCLA), have great recommendations from UCLA and USC med schools professors. I don't understand what's wrong. It is very stressful. I hope that I still will be invited for interview. Luckily, I have got accepted to Western University of Health Sciences. Even though it is a long drive, I still have a good pharmacy school to go to in case USC declines me

Last edited:
Same thing:(( I have submitted my application in October. January 11, I received email requesting my fall semester grades. I emailed them results. They wrote me that they are waiting now for PharmCAS official confirmation ( I sent them updated transcript and have updated the application). Since then-nothing!!! My stats: GPA 3.7; graduated from USC Keck School of Medicine ( Public health major) cum laude, have a lot of experience in medical field, 5 research publications ( did research at UCLA), have great recommendations from UCLA and USC med schools professors. I don't understand what's wrong. It is very stressful. I hope that I still will be invited for interview. Luckily, I have got accepted to Western University of Health Sciences. Even though it is a long drive, I still have a good pharmacy school to go to in case USC declines me

will you be commuting to Western? you can save a lot of money by just going there if you commute.
you have an unusually high GPA for a pharmacy school applicant, schools have been known to reject applicants
with higher stats than their averages with the mindset that "they probably got in somewhere better so lets not waste our time"
You live right there at USC, I suggest you continue to communicate with USC to show interest, if not it can be concluded that
you were not given an offer because you were "overqualified". Western will save you 40K, with interest possibly 60-70K.

Last edited:
will you be commuting to Western? you can save a lot of money by just going there if you commute.
you have an unusually high GPA for a pharmacy school applicant, schools have been known to reject applicants
with higher stats than their averages with the mindset that "they probably got in somewhere better so lets not waste our time"
You live right there at USC, I suggest you continue to communicate with USC to show interest, if not it can be concluded that
you were not given an offer because you were "overqualified". Western will save you 40K, with interest possibly 60-70K.

Yes, I'm planning to commute. It's important for me to stay with my family in LA( we live on West side, so it's only 30 mins to drive to USC vs 1-hour drive to Pomona).
What do you mean Western will save you 40K, with interest possibly 60-70K?
As long as I know tuition for Western:USC is about 47K:51K. Not such a big difference. However, there is a big difference in driving distance and in school ranking.
How should I "continue to communicate with USC" if they don't communicate with me whatsoever ( they don't even email me or invite me for an interview)?
Thanks for new perspective ( I didn't even think that I'm overqualified). But if I'm overqualified, why then all other universities ( with lower rankings) invited me for interview?

If it is a one hour drive then USC is better. If you did so well in undergrad I am confident in your ability to land a residency after Western.
Since you're from LA you should just visit their admissions office and talk to them in person or email them, I'm not sure about USC but
some schools take note of applicants that go out of their way to show interest.

Yes this is called "Yield Protection".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yield_protection

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/schools-rejecting-for-high-stats.1066875/

USC is unique in that although it is ranked high for pharmacy, it is the most expensive school in the US
which makes many applicants drop their acceptances when they get into cheaper options.
They may be thinking you got into a cheaper/better school, so if I were in your shoes I would send them an email of interest.
You certainly have the stats and experience to get into better programs than USC.

Last edited:
If it is a one hour drive then USC is better. If you did so well in undergrad I am confident in your ability to land a residency after Western.
Since you're from LA you should just visit their admissions office and talk to them in person or email them, I'm not sure about USC but
some schools take note of applicants that go out of their way to show interest.

Yes this is called "Yield Protection".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yield_protection

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/schools-rejecting-for-high-stats.1066875/

USC is unique in that although it is ranked high for pharmacy, it is the most expensive school in the US
which makes many applicants drop their acceptances when they get into cheaper options.
They may be thinking you got into a cheaper/better school, so if I were in your shoes I would send them an email of interest.
You certainly have the stats and experience to get into better programs than USC.

I thought Touro Ca is more expensive? Am I wrong?

very interesting point of view. I had about the same stats, and submitted my application on the day of the deadline. Interviewed on 2/19. Very interesting.

very interesting point of view. I had about the same stats, and submitted my application on the day of the deadline. Interviewed on 2/19. Very interesting.

I'm not sure what the costs are for the new diploma mill pharmacy schools, but USC is still one of the most expensive.
Have you been accepted anywhere else? with a 3.7 you should have cheaper options to attend

Last edited:
with pharmacy at the state that its in today, graduates with this kind of debt will be in an even greater disadvantage.
you can lie to yourself and say that if you work hard enough you will pay off that debt and do just fine, well theres
as reason you're applying to pharmacy school and not to medical/dental, its because you dont work hard and can't make
the cut for better programs. it is essential for pharmacists to graduate from the least expensive school, not the highest
Musicplease I agree with this post, but there is no need to be derogatory to people going into the pharmacy profession. Many of us have the stats to get into medical/dental but are more interested in the pharmacy profession and what it has to offer. There should not be any bashing on this thread against the students going into this profession. The fact that you are saying we don't work hard is appalling. I personally have a Masters degree and run 10+ clinical trials, so please check your tone before you post.

Reactions: 6 users
You are rude. I think this is greatly disrespectful and if you don't plan on applying to pharmacy school or don't agree that being a doctor of pharmacy is a profession worthy of bright minds with more reasons for not going to other kinds of grad school than "not working hard enough" then you shouldn't be here.

Go back to youtube or some other site where being a troll is more accepted.

Reactions: 2 users
I just got in !! Interviewd on 2/19.

Musicplease I agree with this post, but there is no need to be derogatory to people going into the pharmacy profession. Many of us have the stats to get into medical/dental but are more interested in the pharmacy profession and what it has to offer. There should not be any bashing on this thread against the students going into this profession. The fact that you are saying we don't work hard is appalling. I personally have a Masters degree and run 10+ clinical trials, so please check your tone before you post.

Pharmacy school admission is a joke, even UCSF pharmacy has a 10% acceptance rate, compare that to the 3% acceptance rates for average dentistry/medicine schools.
My previous comment is speaking to the average applicant, not to top applicants with 3.6+ gpas like yourself. Its not trolling when its the truth.

Last edited: