This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Many of us have the stats to get into medical/dental but are more interested in the pharmacy profession and what it has to offer.

I strongly disagree with this, many students in my college have gotten accepted at UCSD, USC, and have interviews at UCSF and I wouldn't trust
them with my life. Most of them never had any pharmacy experience until their final year of college.
This wouldn't fly for dental/medical schools, commitment is very important for admission to these programs.
Pharmacy has become a backup for biology majors, but this is USC acceptance/rejection thread, just end this discussion.
 
Last edited:
I got acceptance in email around 5 the past Friday (03/04/16).
Don't lose hope, since it is such an expensive program, not everyone will sign up for their spots.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sorry but for all those applied to USC should've known the tuition cost before submitting the application, no?! So, why all this fuss about highly tuition, and etc. about the program. If you're not going to accept or attend this school, then just stop bashing it all together and take the comments elsewhere. Some of us worked hard and spent years to get to this point. Personally, I changed career in my mid 30's (voluntarily left a $90k salary job as a commercial banking relationship manager) to pursue Pharmacy, only because I sincerely wanted to learn pharmacology and realized the crucial role of pharmacists in healthcare setting. Going through cancer with both of my parents, I knew I wanted to pursue this career in hopes of helping those like my folks. All I'm saying is if you're passionate about pharmacy then you would not be calculative about how much debt you'll have after school. Btw, I have 3 years of experiences in community pharmacy and volunteered in clinical setting as well. I do agree with some points mentioned above about having pharmacy experiences. Because, if you don't know what you're getting into then it would only make it that much easier to base your decisions on the tuition of the program and unrealistic ideas of this profession. Yes, I'm aware of the fact that I'm going to have $300k debt after I graduate but so what. I'll be doing what I love and have the satisfaction of my self worth. Let's just keep this thread positive and give motivation to others.
 
Accepted as well! Anyone knows if usc give out massive amount of scholarships? Maybe this would help people that are really struggling financially
 
I strongly disagree with this, many students in my college have gotten accepted at UCSD, USC, and have interviews at UCSF and I wouldn't trust
them with my life. Most of them never had any pharmacy experience until their final year of college.
This wouldn't fly for dental/medical schools, commitment is very important for admission to these programs.
Pharmacy has become a backup for biology majors, but this is USC acceptance/rejection thread, just end this discussion.
We shouldn't be bashing people on a thread for pharmacy school acceptance. I wouldn't trust many of the people I know who have been accepted or even interviewed for medical/dental school people I've worked with and gone to college with. It's not a backup, if you don't have anything nice to say about the pharmacy profession then why are you people on this thread anyway. Go bash people elsewhere.
 
I'm sorry but for all those applied to USC should've known the tuition cost before submitting the application, no?! So, why all this fuss about highly tuition, and etc. about the program. If you're not going to accept or attend this school, then just stop bashing it all together and take the comments elsewhere. Some of us worked hard and spent years to get to this point. Personally, I changed career in my mid 30's (voluntarily left a $90k salary job as a commercial banking relationship manager) to pursue Pharmacy, only because I sincerely wanted to learn pharmacology and realized the crucial role of pharmacists in healthcare setting. Going through cancer with both of my parents, I knew I wanted to pursue this career in hopes of helping those like my folks. All I'm saying is if you're passionate about pharmacy then you would not be calculative about how much debt you'll have after school. Btw, I have 3 years of experiences in community pharmacy and volunteered in clinical setting as well. I do agree with some points mentioned above about having pharmacy experiences. Because, if you don't know what you're getting into then it would only make it that much easier to base your decisions on the tuition of the program and unrealistic ideas of this profession. Yes, I'm aware of the fact that I'm going to have $300k debt after I graduate but so what. I'll be doing what I love and have the satisfaction of my self worth. Let's just keep this thread positive and give motivation to others.
Yes, thank you!
 
I contacted USC admissions today told them that I hadn't heard back, yet. They pulled up my file and said everything looks "good," and they're STILL in the process of sending in interview invites until Friday.

Anyone else on the same boat?
 
I contacted USC admissions today told them that I hadn't heard back, yet. They pulled up my file and said everything looks "good," and they're STILL in the process of sending in interview invites until Friday.

Anyone else on the same boat?

I guess, I am on the same boat! Still didn't receive interview invintation nor rejection letter. Thanks for great news! Now I have a hope that I will finally receive an invitation.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"You must maintain a 3.00 (“B”) or better in outstanding pre-pharmacy courses and cumulative grade point average."
I'm currently taking 4 classes, 2 of which are pre-pharmacy courses. Do they mean I have to get at least a B in both those courses? I'm getting an A in one and a C in the other, so am I in trouble?
 
"You must maintain a 3.00 (“B”) or better in outstanding pre-pharmacy courses and cumulative grade point average."
I'm currently taking 4 classes, 2 of which are pre-pharmacy courses. Do they mean I have to get at least a B in both those courses? I'm getting an A in one and a C in the other, so am I in trouble?
My friend called to clarify and they said you just have to maintain a 3.0 prereq and cumulative GPA! Doesn't mean you have to get a B. 🙂
 
I was on AC for several months as I interviewed in October. I received conditional acceptance yesterday. There is definitely still hope for all of those on AC. As far as the negative nancy's go...what are you doing on this forum?? LOL! get a life
 
I gave up my seat today, so good luck to those still on ac!! The lady from the admissions office that I spoke to said a new batch of acceptances will be released on monday/tuesday; so once again, best of luck everyone!
 
Haha is anyone still on waitlist like me? I start giving up hopes and searching for new plans. I guess no luck for me this time. I am pretty sure the class is full right now and time to decline the offer from other schools should be already over, so I do not understand why theyes still keep people in waitlist not rejecting them. Smh