USC's next round of acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Technically everyone is placed on a "waitlist" after they interview. Every time the school sends out acceptances, they refer to that list and pull some lucky folks off that list.

I'm not sure if they would re-review everyone (long and tedious process), but would probably look over the more competitive applications.

I think it's common knowledge now, through these forums that USC puts everyone on an alternate list and just takes the top X amount of people that they have seats for. At this point, if there are 36 seats, they will send out 36 acceptances to the top 36 people on the list and wait 2 weeks for a response. If none of them respond then another 36 acceptances will go out. This is just a guess, but I really don't think they have an admission comittee go over folders and select who to allow in. This would defeat the purpose of establishing the rank you have on their so-called alternate list everyone is on.

For those still waiting, I would say the people interviewed in 2009 have a good chance of being accepted especially after the 2nd deposit is due when a big number of seats will open up. I know 2 friends that have deposists in at USC but will be attending another school. GL all.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's common knowledge now, through these forums that USC puts everyone on an alternate list and just takes the top X amount of people that they have seats for. At this point, if there are 36 seats, they will send out 36 acceptances to the top 36 people on the list and wait 2 weeks for a response. If none of them respond then another 36 acceptances will go out. This is just a guess, but I really don't think they have an admission comittee go over folders and select who to allow in. This would defeat the purpose of establishing the rank you have on their so-called alternate list everyone is on.

For those still waiting, I would say the people interviewed in 2009 have a good chance of being accepted especially after the 2nd deposit is due when a big number of seats will open up. I know 2 friends that have deposists in at USC but will be attending another school. GL all.

when are the second deposit due for most schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
For everyone who interviewed (especially those who did at the end of February) did your status change at all? Mine is still "Under Review"

Status still says under review, but when I called they said I was on the alternate, so dont take what the website says. They are indeed 75% full meaning there are only 36 seats left! Anyone know if the next banch of acceptance is still at the end of March? Could it possibly be early April since the new turn of a event?

They probably had sent out a batch of acceptances around that time. Also, come this time of year, many applicants are waiting for a first acceptance so the percentage of people who decline the USC acceptances is a lot less (hence the exponential filling rate).

Looking at last year's posts, the class was pretty much filled in April. I think almost everyone who gets an acceptance letter in the next few weeks would definitely attend either USC being first choice or USC being first acceptance.

I wish I could have done more during the interview:scared:

is the class being 75% full certain? i heard it was only about 33% full...

is the class being 75% full certain? i heard it was only about 33% full...

So did I, but that was over a month ago. Seats fill faster at this time of year.

I understand that the seats are filling quickly at this time of the year because USC could be people's first/only acceptance or they are starting to make decisions, but what I was curious about was if a lot of seats are going to open up on May 1st. From the previous years posts, I saw that a few people got accepted in May/After May and I was just wondering if a good number of seats open up or not after the second deposit date passes by? Thanks for all your help and I really do wish everyone good luck since I also know how stressed everybody must be.

I just was wondering, I understand that the seats are filling quickly at this time of the year because USC could be people's first/only acceptance or they are starting to make decisions, but what I was curious about was if a lot of seats are going to open up or not on May 1st. From the previous years posts, I saw that a few people got accepted in May/After May and I was just wondering if a good number of seats open up or not after the second deposit date comes by? Thanks for all your help and I really do wish everyone good luck since I also know how stressed everybody must be.

Yea I was wonderding the same thing...Good point! Cuz we all know a few people are holding multiple spots so as of now 75% is full, so possibly after May it could be back to 30% :laugh::xf:

Yea I was wonderding the same thing...Good point! Cuz we all know a few people are holding multiple spots so as of now 75% is full, so possibly after May it could be back to 30% :laugh::xf:

Very true.

Do you guys think it's a bad idea to call and ask for the whereabouts of your rank? Im going crazy thinking about whether im high or low on the list :(

Um, I do believe the letter from them said that they wont release your ranking to you. But you can always call and ask. I emailed Brian a question and he actually answered it himself a few days later. Seems like a nice enough guy.

I am curious. Does the price concern any of you guys at all??? It'll take 4 years to pay it off...provided you are not paying anything else off.

Also, if you really want to know if they are indeed 75% full, just call and ask. It is unbelievable that they filled it this much within 2 weeks of having just filled it 1/3 on March 5.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am curious. Does the price concern any of you guys at all??? It'll take 4 years to pay it off...provided you are not paying anything else off.

Do military

Also, if you really want to know if they are indeed 75% full, just call and ask. It is unbelievable that they filled it this much within 2 weeks of having just filled it 1/3 on March 5.

It's not unbelievable at all. People that interviewed after dec 1st probably don't have any other acceptances and this is their only choice or 1st choice.

Has anyone called and asked when USC will send out the next batch of acceptances? I know at the end of the Month but does anyone know starting when?

The person I spoke to said a couple of weeks. Could a couple of weeks also mean early April :confused:?? Anyone confirm this?

The person I spoke to said a couple of weeks. Could a couple of weeks also mean early April :confused:?? Anyone confirm this?

Must be that girl who always sounds like she is dead tired or something. :)

bump this up..

did anyone who interviewed the last days feb 24 - march get accepted today?

I haven't received anything and i'm freaking out because we all know that the class is 75% full. Aren't we suppose to hear back from them this week?

i also second dennisDDS's question ... i interviewed on 2/26 and have not heard anything back from USC ... has anyone gotten an email from them?

i also second dennisDDS's question ... i interviewed on 2/26 and have not heard anything back from USC ... has anyone gotten an email from them?

in the official class one, one person said they got an email today. but I dont know when they were interviewed. and since USC loves to send out batches I was wondering the same thing..

this wait has aged me severely. lol

Oh god I hope that isn't true. Does that mean that a bunch of other acceptances were sent out today and we're all screwed?

This is B.S. People.

within the past 3 years, I know for a fact ( I have many, many, many friends who attend, got notices, interviews, acceptances ) and they
all got their emails either on a Thursday or Friday (mostly on Fridays)...

ALSO I called last week and talked to someone that actually KNOWS whats going on, and asked. they said at the end of this week, possibly end of next week.
I'm 99.99% positive that NO acceptances went out today.

Have a good day

I got an email acceptance from USC today musicguy...don't be so confident and quick to shoot info down

ps. today is monday.

pps. pretty sure it's not thursday or friday.

hey hellokitty, what date did you have your interview?

I got an email acceptance from USC today musicguy...don't be so confident and quick to shoot info down

ps. today is monday.

Very nice!!!!!!!!!!

tell us what day you interviewed then...

Does anyone know if they'll be sending more acceptances out this wk. (hopefully there will be more)?

I also got one too!! I interviewed on the 26th of Feb. and got one TODAY, MONDAY the 23rd! Happiest Day of My Life! Good luck to all that is waiting! I hope you all also hear good news!:)

Hey guys, definitely starting to freak out. I interviewed back in January (January 29th). Today in the morning I called the school and the lady there said that they were still about 75% full, but obviously that percentage is now not the right one. Does anybody know if this next batch has now made the class full or not? Please post anything you can about how full the class is. Thanks:scared::scared::scared:

so everyone that got accepted today can we say interviewed feb 26?

EDIT..

HOPEFULLY the feb 27th people hear good news tomorrow =(

ps. today is monday.

hahaha, you totally read my mind. congrats, hellokitty! maybe i'll see you in the fall :D

yes maybe radeon! still waiting to hear from some schools before a decision can be made...blahh. so you think you're going for sure, radeon?

also, to pitch in some info..I interviewed in march heard back today (monday).

Did anyone get any acceptances today? Or has anyone called to see if they're sending out more acceptances and how full the class is?

Dont give up everyone!! There is always a chance to hear back from SC, I am pretty sure they will send more acceptances until the class is full. Those that heard back are probably not going to attend, so there will always be more acceptance until the last day. But it will not start looking so good after May 15, I think, which is the last day for those holding multiple acceptances need to notify school of their decision. I do think they sent out accptances for all that interviewed in the last interview cycle, for my friend interviewed on Feb. 27 and got one yesterday, monday.

I called in today. They told me that they send acceptances via email and mail so look for your mail as well. They also told me that they wont be meeting this month anymore. I think the next meeting will be sometime in April. I dont know why I didnt get accepted really :( I did amazing on that interview and have 20 and 21 on the DAT and 3.89 gpa. Oh well. Good luck to everyone.

Hey did they say if the class was full or not?.... to the post above you have really good stats, did you get in other places as well?

yes maybe radeon! still waiting to hear from some schools before a decision can be made...blahh. so you think you're going for sure, radeon?

also, to pitch in some info..I interviewed in march heard back today (monday).

i'm kind of in the same boat; still waiting to hear from other schools. but i think i'm 80% sure that i'll be attending USC.
i interviewed on march 5th and heard back yesterday, march 23rd.

dang i guess the last of them went out..

better luck next year for us +:)thumbdown:(

So DennisDDS, you're telling me that the class is full and the last of all the acceptances have been given out?

$@#$ !!!!:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

So DennisDDS, you're telling me that the class is full and the last of all the acceptances have been given out?

$@#$ !!!!:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

i really really really hope I am wrong

Well did you call them and ask or are you just guessing? I called but the office was closed.

I hope you're wrong too...lol

dang i guess the last of them went out..

better luck next year for us +:)thumbdown:(

So dennisDDS, are you saying this because the person above said that USC is done for March or are you saying that because you called the school and they said that they were full? I am also :scared::scared::scared:

So dennisDDS, are you saying this because the person above said that USC is done for March or are you saying that because you called the school and they said that they were full? I am also :scared::scared::scared:

Seriously, why would you fret over something someone said or heard and not just dial their number and find out yourself? In case you forgot its 213-740-2841. Dont be so timid.

If I didnt know any better, I'd lump dennisDDS with Debby Downer. Wah wah waaaaahhhhh. :D

Matter of fact, I think you should youtube debby downer just to get into a better mood and call tomorrow!

Seriously, why would you fret over something someone said or heard and not just dial their number and find out yourself? In case you forgot its 213-740-2841. Dont be so timid.

If I didnt know any better, I'd lump dennisDDS with Debby Downer. Wah wah waaaaahhhhh. :D

Matter of fact, I think you should youtube debby downer just to get into a better mood and call tomorrow!

Hey Hotinwoof, I was just wondering if you are also waiting on USC or if you're already accepted. I will call tomorrow, but it was late when I started to freak out about everything today so I couldn't call the office and will probably call in the morning. Just wondering if you are also playing the waiting game.

Don't give up guys....
I interviewed on Nov. (it was at the beginning of nov.) and I got the acceptance letter yesterday..

hahaha debby downer made my day..

Sorry I just through that out there so someone can say:

dennis youre a liar! this is why blah blah blah..

and make me feel better.. lol. :laugh:

for some reason, I don't feel like a lot of acceptances were sent out on monday...