USC's next round of acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for some reason, I don't feel like a lot of acceptances were sent out on monday...

Probably because the class is 75% full!

Members don't see this ad.

Dont be down guys, there should be another batch in april. I know a few people who got into other first choice schools who have already deposited at usc. So chin up! and I pray we get in!!!!

what a day..big fight with gf, broken phone, horrible traffic and now this...F*** My Life

Members don't see this ad :)
Horrible news guys...

I just called the Office of Admissions and they said that the last batch of acceptances were sent out on Monday.

That's It.

The class is 75% full and the only chances of anyone else getting in is if someone declines or withdraws their deposit.

What a horrible day.

Let me know if you have heard otherwise.

Horrible news guys...

I just called the Office of Admissions and they said that the last batch of acceptances were sent out on Monday.

That's It.

The class is 75% full and the only chances of anyone else getting in is if someone declines or withdraws their deposit.

What a horrible day.

Be patient and wait until after May 1st (second deposit deadline). There will be spots opening up later on.

I can't imagine that many spots opening up tho...

Horrible news guys...

That's It.

What a horrible day.

sucks i figured...
looks like another year of fun and excitement.. :thumbdown:

I am so demoralized right now. Surely there have to be more acceptances that are going to be sent out...

I am so demoralized right now. Surely there have to be more acceptances that are going to be sent out...

dude chill out. Don't give up yet. If you have good stats/good interview you will probably be very high on the list.

This is a bold predication but out of the 25% that were just admitted, there will probably be 8% not accepting it. And of the previous deposits, around 15% will not 2nd deposit on may 1st. That's around 23% or 33 spots that will (possibly) open

This is my guess, I'm probably about right or totally off lol.

Horrible news guys...

That's It.

What a horrible day.

Hmm...I wonder if you heard them correctly. I emailed Brian on monday to ask if any more march acceptances would be sent out. This is what he wrote:

The entire March round has been sent out. We are expecting an additional round later in April.

There will still be some turn-over and movement in the class. As of right now, the class is about 75% full.

Patience is the best I can offer for now.

Best,
Brian

Well I spoke to a lady, wasn't sure if she was on the actual admissions committee or anything (I felt like I was talking to a secretary or student) and that's what she told me.

I just refuse to believe that this is it and all our hopes are gone :thumbdown:

I called in today. They told me that they send acceptances via email and mail so look for your mail as well. They also told me that they wont be meeting this month anymore. I think the next meeting will be sometime in April. I dont know why I didnt get accepted really :( I did amazing on that interview and have 20 and 21 on the DAT and 3.89 gpa. Oh well. Good luck to everyone.

Does that mean that they just mail some people their acceptances and not send them an email? Can anyone clarify this?

In my case I never obtained any email from USC yet. All the documents including the interview invitation were all sent to me by mail. I don't know if it was like that for everyone but I do know that some people got the interview invitation by email. I do not know how the system works but I really wouldnt put my hopes up given this information.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed early Oct, accepted Dec 1. My interview and acceptance came by email, then by snail mail a few days later. My other friends who interviewed/accepted were informed via email. My guess is that if you didn't get the email, your email is wrong in their data base. On Dec 1 I called and asked about when they were going to begin accepting students, they said, "throughout the week." I got off the phone after the vague response, and received the email 30 seconds later. Kind of wierd. So be patient, and if you're not religious, now is a good time to start to be.

I got an e-mail saying the commitee will meet mid-april, which means (I'm assuming) there will be another batch (?). Not sure the e-mail was vague.

When did you get that email? I haven't gotten anything :confused:

Oh sorry, I sent an e-mail and got a response back.

Oh sorry, I sent an e-mail and got a response back.

Well that's great news! At least that means that there is still more room before May when there definitely will be spots opening due to the second deposit. I am just wondering, who did you email to get this info? Thanks and good luck to all!

I e-mailed Brian S.

Let us know what he says..

I wish they told us our position on the alternate list..
It would allow people to stop with the false hope that many of us seem to have after we get interviewed..

I guess the best thing to do is just stay positive until we know for sure..

Good Luck everyone.. :xf:

For all of you who interviewed, does your status on the usc website still say "under review" or "alternate"? Mine is still under review...

For all of you who interviewed, does your status on the usc website still say "under review" or "alternate"? Mine is still under review...

Mine still says under review....don't think it means anything though

Mine still says alternate. Does anybody know if this really does matter from it saying under review? For the above 2 posts, did status ever change to alternate after your interview?

Mine still says "interview". I'm pretty sure they don't worry about updating their site too often. AADSAS says interview as well.

Mine still says "interview". I'm pretty sure they don't worry about updating their site too often. AADSAS says interview as well.

i remember mine was "under review" the whole time

Mine says on AADSAS "Invited for Interview" and on USC site "Alternate"

Hope there will be enough seats to give out more acceptances this month.

I believe they picked all 144 students meaning that there will not be a HUGE batch of accpetances coming out anymore. However, I know for sure that they will be meeting multiple times in the coming months to send out other acceptances that will serve to fill the places of those who rejected the offer, didnt pay the deposit, or for any other reason. I am not 100% sure that this is the case but I do believe that this is where we all stand. Good luck to all and to myself :)

Does anybody have any idea of how many people don't end up paying their second deposit in May? I would guess this number to be at least 50% of those who were accepted early in the cycle (December), but am just wondering if this is true or not? Thanks.

Just called in today, the class is full. She said they expect one or two seats to open up and they will fill them accordingly. I wouldn't be surprised if more than a couple open up. Keep your fingers crossed! :rolleyes:

I highly doubt only one or two seats will open up. Considering the situation with people and their deposits as well as others who declined their acceptances, there should definitely be more than "one or two" seats opening up. CGood, who did you speak to?

hey guys,
I just received an acceptance email from USC! I am sooo happy right now! There is still a chance for everyone if they are still sending offers out at this point!

hey guys,
I just received an acceptance email from USC! I am sooo happy right now! There is still a chance for everyone if they are still sending offers out at this point!

Congrats!!!
I wonder how many got accepted today.

OMFG!! I GOT INTO USC!!!!!! HOLY CRAP! i interviewed October 2, damn it took so long!!

received email friday 4-10 around 4pm

Last edited:
I highly doubt only one or two seats will open up. Considering the situation with people and their deposits as well as others who declined their acceptances, there should definitely be more than "one or two" seats opening up. CGood, who did you speak to?

Not sure who I spoke to, some lady, but apparently there is more hope than she lead me to believe. Congrats to all those accepted. Fingers crossed to all those still anxiously waiting.

hey guys,

hey wilsonjing,
so are you still planning on retaking the DATs, or just go to USC?

Congrats to all of those who got in recently. I thought they weren't going to give any acceptances out this month and just wait till May 1st!! The second deposit is May 1st right??

Give it a week before they start accepting more people.

They have to see who pays on exactly May 1st and then verify exactly with people who deposited earlier that are not attending for reasons such as their checks getting lost or forgetting etc. They're not simply going to drop a person that wants to attend because their check got lost in the mail.

The earliest anyone would hear anything would be thurs-friday of next week. Later than that is more accurate.

I just told Brian yesterday that I will no longer be accepting my offer - which I received in December, so there is CERTAINLY space available, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. GOOD LUCK!!!

Bump. Has any May acceptances been sent out?

I saw that people got accepted today! Congratulations to all of you guys who did.

For those who are still on the waitlist, do you think it's about time to throw in the towel and start thinking about the next cycle? :confused::(

probably give up for this cycle. I don't think they'll be sending out anymore acceptances. I guess we have the next cycle to look forward to :/

Although it's already May, you should probably have alternate plans by now. most of the acceptances are going to be accepted so there will probably be very little movement until maybe June or July when others decline. The next deposit is in June so they will know who is in or out by then. gl people on waitlist.!

I have my alternate plans set, but am still hoping for an acceptance. Is there a way to look at posts from last year to see how many people were accepted over the summer?

anyone heard from USC lately? Any waitlist movement?