Use same letters of REC for 2nd time applying??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KylieP54

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am going to be attending lecom's post bacc ina couple weeks, and therefore have to reapply for med school next year. I was wondering if I could use the same letters of rec as last year because it would be extremely difficult for me to obtain new ones since I'd only be at LECOM for one semester before they interview (they wait until you complete the fall semester to see if you've maintained a 3.0 or above to interview you). Can I do this? They want a pre med committee letter, so can't I use the one I got from my undergrad again?
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My opinion is yes, you can use the same letter. However, someone from the program might be more apt to tell you.

You can use your old LOR's to reapply but you should also try to get a new letter of recommendation to send in. Just my .02!

Good luck with the LECOM Postbac program.......

:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I also had the same question, Kylie. I called a couple of the schools I applied to and told them that I graduated from undergrad back in 2002 and that I would be done with my Master's in about a month and a half. They all told me the same thing -- it's fine to use the same LOR from undergrad (since nothing has changed from that institution in my case) and also to get LOR's from post-grad studies.

Best of luck to you and another 12 months of fun :hardy:

Thanks for the replies, I will use the same ones and then get a new one from a prof at my new school. Forensic Chick, good luck to you too! Hope you get off that waitlist!
Kylie