USF vs. Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Floridays7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
USF MSPH Global Communicable Diseases vs. Tulane MSPH Tropical Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

USF vs. Tulane
Pros/cons?
Strengths/weaknesses?
Connections/networking potential?
Reputation both domestically and internationally?
Research?

USF seems more didactic and geared as a standalone degree covering all important communicable diseases while Tulane's seems to have a stronger lab component and is geared toward the healthcare professional or a step toward further study, with a focus just on tropical disease. Tulane has a good global reputation; I'm not sure about USF.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

USF seems more didactic and geared as a standalone degree covering all important communicable diseases while Tulane's seems to have a stronger lab component and is geared toward the healthcare professional or a step toward further study, with a focus just on tropical disease. Tulane has a good global reputation; I'm not sure about USF.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Agree with these comments. Also, judging by the electives I see USF offers, I think Tulane's electives are much more interesting.

I'm going to come back and comment on this more.... but I have an Immunology test on Tuesday that I'm studying for right now. :D