USF vs UCF (undergrad) HELP!

IC54

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am currently a high school senior looking to pursue a biology degree with pre-professional track for medicine.

I was recently accepted into both USF and UCF. I was not accepted into either Honors program.

To my knowledge, USF is a significantly more research-based school than UCF. I have visited both schools and prefer UCF's campus; it seems to have a much more lively student body and there seems to be a lot more to do on campus.

The price to attend both schools would be approximately the same for me, so I am not concerned about that.

From what I have heard, USF is better academically but UCF is better in terms of lifestyle.

Which school do you recommend I choose? I am torn! Any input on the merits of these schools would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

"UCF is better in terms of lifestyle" Go there

Do well in classes first and foremost, then make sure to get something in terms of all big categories of ECs, then if you have the time and desire, try to find a research thing that interests you and you can get your name on.

But more than any of those, be happy (at least most of the time) while you do those things. Sounds like you should go to UCF.