USMLE Step 1 -- Pass / Fail Starting Jan 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of us who are currently MS1s at schools that take step after core clerkships (after Jan 2022), do we know if we will be the last class that gets a score?
That will depends. They said it would change to pass/fail on January 2022 at the earliest which means it might happen later as well. If it does change on Jan 2022, then no, I don't think you will have a score since your score will actually come out in February. If it happens later, then maybe you might have a score.

Members don't see this ad.

For those of us who are currently MS1s at schools that take step after core clerkships (after Jan 2022), do we know if we will be the last class that gets a score?
If you take the exam in 2022 you not be given a score. Assuming that step goes to pass fail Jan first 2022

If you take the exam in 2022 you not be given a score. Assuming that step goes to pass fail Jan first 2022

So what about people in our same graduating year (2023) who take it before 2022 after preclinical. They will have scores and we won't? That doesn't seem like it would work

Members don't see this ad :)
So what about people in our same graduating year (2023) who take it before 2022 after preclinical. They will have scores and we won't? That doesn't seem like it would work
I think they might push the date to March/April of 2022 just to make sure everyone graduating in 2023 gets score. Majority of the current MS1 will have their scores before 2022, so I really doubt they are going to retroactively make the STEP1 P/F for those who already have the numerical scores. It sounds easier and less catastrophic if they just push the dates a little back. Also, I'm really pissed at NBME, still holding thousands of current MS1 in a limbo. Med students plan years in advance for this step1 - they should have made things clear when they announced about the changes, so we can plan things accordingly in making our app more competitive. Such a colossal *******es.. smh

Reactions: 1 user
For OMS-I who have doubts about scoring high on USMLE but wishes to apply more ACGME programs, would it be strategic to take COMLEX in spring 2021, then delay USMLE until Jan 2022 (will be on rotation as OMS-III)??

For OMS-I who have doubts about scoring high on USMLE but wishes to apply more ACGME programs, would it be strategic to take COMLEX in spring 2021, then delay USMLE until Jan 2022 (will be on rotation as OMS-III)??

No. You want a score.

I think they might push the date to March/April of 2022 just to make sure everyone graduating in 2023 gets score. Majority of the current MS1 will have their scores before 2022, so I really doubt they are going to retroactively make the STEP1 P/F for those who already have the numerical scores. It sounds easier and less catastrophic if they just push the dates a little back. Also, I'm really pissed at NBME, still holding thousands of current MS1 in a limbo. Med students plan years in advance for this step1 - they should have made things clear when they announced about the changes, so we can plan things accordingly in making our app more competitive. Such a colossal *******es.. smh

Agreed! Like... should I be doing research or spending all day doing Zanki... I wonder when we will know :(

Is COMLEX going to follow Step and go P/F?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk