USMLE Step 3 CCS Cases? How to Prepare?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

Bvick454

Does anyone have any resources for practice cases (CCS Cases) for USMLE step 3? Of couse, I've done the three cases on the USMLE CD-ROM, but am looking for more.

Any other advice on the CCS cases?

What kind of topics has anyone had?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If you're an internal medicine resident I'd say just get familiar with the interface (i.e. after you intubate you have to also start mechanical ventilation although that seems obvious). The cases won't be that hard for you. Although there was some peds cases on the CD strangely I didn't have any presented when I took the test, only general IM and some ER cases (tension pneumo, etc.). There was an outpatient treatment of Alzheimer's case, tamponade following MVC and something else. Pretty much run of the mill medicine/ER cases.

I agree with Bobblehead - the cases aren't very difficult. Get familiar with the interface and I'm sure you'll have no problem. I also had a PTx, an appy, a change in mental status and a couple of Peds cases.