Usn Accepted Announcements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Celinati

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi USNers, If you have already got an acceptance call, please raise your hands here, and please include your stats, and specify if you've applied with a Bachelors degree, will receive in this Spring, or Without a Bachelors Degree. Please update this thread as soon as you got a call from Dr. Deyoung.:) I'm still waiting myself...

Members don't see this ad.

I received a call from Dr. DeYoung yesterday informing me of my acceptance to the program. I do not have a bachelors or even an associates degree. Here are my stats:

Science prereq GPA = 4.0
Overall GPA = 3.98

Lots of extracurriculars & licensed as a tech for one year. Good luck to all!!

I interviewed on February 14, I got the acceptance call March 8.

Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.9
Science GPA: 4.0
B.A. Telecommunications
More than half of pre-reqs taken or will be taken at a community college
Will finish Ochem 1 this spring, am taking Ochem 2 and A&P 2 this summer
Had 1 W in a pre-requisite class; gave explanation in essay
Tech experience: 3 years (retail)
Volunteer experience less than a year

Thought I did not do so well on my interview, was extremely nervous (I'm telling you, my voice was literally quavering I was so nervous, but I calmed down a little after the first few minutes). I also did not have an answer to one question, although I told them that though I did not have that specific experience, here is an experience I had that is related to that. Upon acceptance, Dr. Deyoung told me that Dr. Fan (my interviewer)
liked my interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call from Dr. DeYoung, tonight (Saturday). I have only an A.S. degree from years ago. I still have micro, and o chem II to finish this semester and Calc and public speaking this summer. ( I took academic forgiveness, it had been about 13 years since I was in school so only my pre-reqs counted on my gpa which I have taken over the last year.)

my overall gpa 4.0, science 4.0

i got the call on Thursday.
Science:3.9
overall:3.8
B.S. in spring
shadowing, lots of extracurriculars

Prerequisites 4.0
Overall 4.0
1 year research
6 months working at pharmacy
4 years volunteering at nursing home, and many other extracurricular activities
Getting my B.S. this Spring!!!!!

I got the call last Sat (March 10th) at night time (~7pm in Texas). Dr. Deyoung just says that he'd mail the accpetance letter this coming Thursday and I'll have until April to decide. Plus, when I was there for the interview, he said that the committe would meet and discuss and send out letter during March. So there should be plenty calls coming for you all! Good luck

Hi, Thanks Alot for your cooperations, Please Keep Updating. Thanks for sharing your stats and commenting.
I'm still waiting myself. I'll inform you if I hear something;)

Hi, Thanks Alot for your cooperations, Please Keep Updating. Thanks for sharing your stats and commenting.
I'm still waiting myself. I'll inform you if I hear something;)
hey celinati,
same here with me. i am still waiting for call. do you think we have any chance?

hey i too just started a thread i hope moderattors delete that http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=381292

i had my interview on jab 20th , got an email as my cell was not reachable feb 1st week. i got my i20 on march 9th and am sending my acceptance form soo,.

I really hope that if i get late i wont lose my seat for admission

and mrs turtle i too hav to take 2 pre reqs this summer eng composition I , SPeech and Calculus I( i have taken calculus before but didnt send my evaluation in discussion with Dr deyoung abt it)Please let me know wghere the course is offered in the summer. i am lookin and duthcess community colg right now

here are my stats:

Bachelors degree in Pharamcy(BPharm similar to ur BS) ( by May 2007)(From Osmania University Hyderabad India

gpa of 3.71 upto my 3rd yr of under grad( my undergraduation covers most of the pharm D curriculum but i still wanted to do a Pharm D so as get used to the US health care system)

my pre req Gpa is 4.0

I'm trying to be optimistic!! Thanks to All Of U guys, and Please keep us posted if u heard something:D

hey celeniti when did u go for ur interview

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry dont quiet remember........ my brains in all kinds of worries now or else i think i wud hav rememberd

Hey Guys and Gals -

I got the call from Dr. DeYoung at 9AM this morning. Since I live in Henderson, my choice of campus was obvious. :D Can't wait to see you all in the Fall!

My Stats
Science GPA : 3.80
Cum GPA : 3.88 (w/academic forgiveness)
Degree : BS Hotel Administration
Work Experience : 2 Years pharmacy tech experience (in-patient pharmacy)
Volunteer Experience : None
Pre-requisites : Currently working on O-Chem I and Calculus I this semester. Will take O-Chem II during the summer.

For those of you still waiting... I was the first one in my group to interview, and I didn't think I did that well... so, bottom line, stay positive! It's still early! :) Good luck to all of you!

when did u gav ur interview SF kid,,,,

Hey Guys and Gals -

I got the call from Dr. DeYoung at 9AM this morning. Since I live in Henderson, my choice of campus was obvious. :D Can't wait to see you all in the Fall!

My Stats
Science GPA : 3.80
Cum GPA : 3.88 (w/academic forgiveness)
Degree : BS Hotel Administration
Work Experience : 2 Years pharmacy tech experience (in-patient hospital)
Volunteer Experience : None
Pre-requisites : Currently working on O-Chem I and Calculus I this semester. Will take O-Chem II during the summer.

For those of you still waiting... I was the first one in my group to interview, and I didn't think I did that well... so, bottom line, stay positive! It's still early! :) Good luck to all of you!

Where are you taking OChem 2 class? I also live in Henderson and I'm worried they're not going to offer it here.

Piyi -

They aren't offering it at CCSN? I believe they usually do.

SFKid829

Hi guys! Congrats to everyone who got accepted and I wish all of those who have not yet* been accepted the best of luck! I'm sure you guys will be fine! =) I can't wait to meet everyone next semester! Anyway, here are my stats:

Interviewed on Feb 17th and was accepted on Feb 20th
Science GPA: 4.00 (will finish OChem II, Micro, A&P II this semester)
Overall GPA: 4.00
No degree
Pharmacy experience: 1+ year as pharm tech & 4+ years volunteering in pharmacy unit @ hospital
Extracurricular activities: VP of a community service organization, member of AMSA, AED, & Pre-Pharmacy Club, volunteer @ hopsital, nursing homes, teen courts, homeless shelters & elementary schools.

Piyi -

They aren't offering it at CCSN? I believe they usually do.

SFKid829

I hope so! CCSN doesn't have their summer course schedule up yet because they are so slow. It should be up one week before registration for summer classes. Isn't that ridiculous?? I did find it at UNLV, but I had such a bad experience with that university, that I would rather not deal with them anymore. Basically I tried applying there as a resident, and they did not consider me one even though I would have lived in the state more than one year when classes start. And all the people I've talked to there were quite rude to me.

Cecilanti, How did you not get accepted yet with your stats? Is there something about you that may interfere with your chances of getting in? Seeing that you weren't able to get in yet makes me kind of nervous. You have 4.0 gpa, all pre-reqs done. May I ask how your courseload was and how long it took you to complete them?

For those already accepted w/o B.S. degree, can you please tell me what your courseload was like and how many years it took to complete the pre-reqs? I currently only have Anatomy, Physiology, O Chem II to complete but will only take each one or two per semester....which will be a very light courseload. I'm wondering if this'll affect my chances of getting it.

For those already accepted w/o B.S. degree, can you please tell me what your courseload was like and how many years it took to complete the pre-reqs? I currently only have Anatomy, Physiology, O Chem II to complete but will only take each one or two per semester....which will be a very light courseload. I'm wondering if this'll affect my chances of getting it.

It shouldn't at all, it took me 3 years to finish my prereqs and my courseload wasn't too bad, some sememsters of minimum amount of units to be considered a full-time student. I think for some schools, GPA is more important than a harder courseload....it just depends.

Cecilanti, How did you not get accepted yet with your stats? Is there something about you that may interfere with your chances of getting in? Seeing that you weren't able to get in yet makes me kind of nervous. You have 4.0 gpa, all pre-reqs done. May I ask how your courseload was and how long it took you to complete them?

Hi, Mr. Rx
Thanks for the complement. I really don't know what's wrong. I have everything done and 4.0 (thank God), however, haven't heard anything yet. I've heard people who Dr. Deyoung was their interviewer are hearing sooner. I really don't know if this information applies or not. Pray for me. By the way, I took my pre-reqs in 3 years. I also have taken lots of math and computer science and GE classes.;)

I don't think that should be a problem since they are courses that require lots of work. I personally will finish my pre-reqs this semester, which means that it took me 2 years to complete them. During these 2 years, I have also taken many other classes for my major (psychology) because I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do. Overall, I don't think it will matter as long as you get good grades in those courses. Good luck! =)

Hi, Mr. Rx
Thanks for the complement. I really don't know what's wrong. I have everything done and 4.0 (thank God), however, haven't heard anything yet. I've heard people who Dr. Deyoung was their interviewer are hearing sooner. I really don't know if this information applies or not. Pray for me. By the way, I took my pre-reqs in 3 years. I also have taken lots of math and computer science and GE classes.;)

I'm sure you'll get in Celinati! No worries! =) I was informed pretty quickly but I was actually interviewed by Dr. Coffman :eek: (the DEAN). It was suuuuuuuper intimidating. Hahah. But honestly, no sweat. I'll see you next semester! :D

well i will be getting a BS in pharamcy this fall, i have taken loads of course work i am in my 4th yr of my degree,,,

and all pre reqs were done by my 2nd yr of the prog.. i thought of transferring to pharm D then but wanted to continue with my bachelors and then get into Pharm D.

the remainin course work that i had to take in my 3rd and 4th years were all pharmacy subjects and 99% of em are those which i have to do again in Pharm D so that will put me at an advantage.

My course work didnt have Eng CompI , Speech Nd calculus I , Calculus I i have completed i high school but that wasnt equivalent to a college credit so have to take it again in the summer. I will be done with my pre reqs bu aug 9th and wil be submittind my pre req transcripts abd my bachelors degree bu aug 15th to henderson and i am good to go for FALL 2007

I was real worried about this myself, but it didn't affect my acceptance at USN. I had a B.A, not a B.S. and only one semester where I took three classes all with labs (and after overhearing a few people talking about their courseloads, the semester where I had three labs doesn't seem too bad at all--I wasn't working during that semester). So, I took 2 classes per semester and worked part time. I think everyone else I took classes with that I've talked to at least worked full time while taking 2 classes and some even were taking 3 or 4 classes and worked full time on top of that. So I was scared that USN would see that my courseload was not that difficult, but it was never an issue at the interview or at any other time. So, some schools do look at the courseload, but I think USN is one of those schools that only look at your GPA no matter what the conditions were under which it was attained.

hey celinati,
same here with me. i am still waiting for call. do you think we have any chance?

hey RXP and Celinati...

dont worry too much, those who got in presently are just may be 10-20% of the seats...

the remaining admissions will be sent in bulk in april as Dr deyoung has mentioned on the interview day. so stay cooll be done with your pre reqs if you havent finished them all ready.

Cheers

I just joined today....SDN rocks...you guys are really helpful..Thanks a lot.I'm having an interview on march 28th...really nervous.:eek:I chose the last interview date available when i was invited so that I can prepare really well.I hope thats not going to affect my chances of getting in to the school(I guess there are still spots left :scared:)

usn will hav seats else they wont call peole for the interview... they r bound to have seats later also as many people wont choose usn ,..

hopefully they will have,,, u dont want the thing that happened to VCU last interview ...

they cancelled the last interview cos they allready filled their spots

I'm sure you'll get in Celinati! No worries! =) I was informed pretty quickly but I was actually interviewed by Dr. Coffman :eek: (the DEAN). It was suuuuuuuper intimidating. Hahah. But honestly, no sweat. I'll see you next semester! :D

:D Thanks BuDDyy;)

Hi USNers. April is coming and I hope all of us who are still waiting get the calls from Dr. Deyoung within 2 to 3 weeks. I'm personally still optimistic eventhough I interviewed in January. I feel your pain of waiting, but let's see what will happen!!!

yaay I got a call from Dr.DeYoung. It happened when I was watching a movie in theater..Caller I.D didnt specify who it was (it showed as an unknown call on my cell phone) so i didnt pick my phone..but anyways later i heard the voice message and yes its Dr.DeYoung who called me..I was completely speechless for a second..anyways for those of you folks who are waiting i wish you all good luck and see you all this fall.

forgot to mention that in my earlier post :)

Did undergrad in Pharmacy back in India

B.S in pharmacy GPA 3.99
Currently pursuing Ph.D GPA 3.29

had worked as Pharmacist in India for one year before i moved to U.S.Did lot of volunteering for red cross blood drives etc

hey hi dude... i am doibg my bpharm will cpomplete it in april. i got admiitted and chose utah campus due to cost of living reasons,, which campus wil u chose and any other colleges u lookign to get responses from

I chose henderson campus because of many reasons..first of all i like the city and also i have friends both in las vagas and los angeles..so accomodation is not a problem.If cost of living is a factor esp the apt rent and all i believe we can share it with someone :cool: ..

k .. i just chose utah cos of rents etc etc......... was a combined decision of family members etc.... donno if i will get any studying done in LV.....

any way both campuses are same structure and not much campus life in both... did u apply else where or this is the sole colg u applied for....

I dont think i cant live in LV for too long.. can come there for a week end etc 5-6 hrs from SLC. I am more of an outdoors person so SLC has more to offer than LV

GUYYYYYYSSSSS, I GOT INNNNNNNNN!!!!:) :D :laugh: :love:
THANKS TO ALL OF YOUR SUPPORTTSSS!!!! DR. Deyoung CALLED AND I TOLD HIM YOU HAVE GIVEN ME THE BEST NEWSSSS!!!!!!
MY Stats were:
4.0 GPA overall & Science, Getting AA Degree in Spring. No bachelors!!!
BEST WISHES and I'll DEFINATELY SEE U ALL IN NEVADA CAMPUS!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

congrats celeneti... i am goin to south jordan btw.. all the bets for ur pharm D work hard.. stay in touch

Congrats Celinati! I was just reading through the thread and I must confess you have a very positive attitude! I'm glad you made it! I interviewed in jan, got accepted in Feb. chose the Utah campus.
science CGPA- 4.0
overall- 3.76
no degree. All classes taken at a community college.

I am also waiting a phone call from Dr. Deyoung desperately

While there are also numerous students like me, I am just wondering whether I should continue to wait or email or give them a call to find out my status?

Any advise?

congrats celeneti... i am goin to south jordan btw.. all the bets for ur pharm D work hard.. stay in touch
Thanks alot buddy, I wish I could be your classmate, however, you are going to Utah. Best Wishes, I'll definately be in touch, and I know I'm gonna need your advices for my pharmacy courses;) :D

Congrats Celinati! I was just reading through the thread and I must confess you have a very positive attitude! I'm glad you made it! I interviewed in jan, got accepted in Feb. chose the Utah campus.
science CGPA- 4.0
overall- 3.76
no degree. All classes taken at a community college.

Thanks Alot Sega, I bet you love Sega Genesis like me, Don't u (JK)? :D ;) Unfortunately, you'll not be my classmate, but I wish you the best of all!!!

I am also waiting a phone call from Dr. Deyoung desperately

While there are also numerous students like me, I am just wondering whether I should continue to wait or email or give them a call to find out my status?

Any advise?

Hi cccat, Don't worry, Just give them a call and remind them of how anxious and interested you are. Good LuCk!!!

Count me too. I am in.

Hello GVSK,
Did you find any roommate yet. I do not know anybody who goes to south jordan. If you are looking for roommate to share house or apartment. Count me too coz i can not live without indian food. seriously.
Thanx
Ray