Usn Accepted Announcements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Count me too. I am in.
Got call from Dr. DeYoung around 9.32 pm central time. I will be going to South Jordan Campus.
GPA= 3.74
Degrees = Botany, Biology, Nursing.
experiences = Retail pharmacy, Hospital pharmacy, Pharmacology Lab
Volunteer work = few
I m an international student with thick accent. LOL.
Ray

Congrats Ray!

I requested to have you and sega added to the Roll Call!

See you in the Fall!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats Ray!

I requested to have you and sega added to the Roll Call!

See you in the Fall!

Thank you gsincom. I am looking forward to see you in fall. I also have a request. You are very familiar with south jordan. could you provide some information on finding apartment. Do i have to have a car to surive there?? HOwz the public transportation out there??
thanx
ray

Do you guys know what the average gpa of those accepted last year was?

Members don't see this ad :)
GUYYYYYYSSSSS, I GOT INNNNNNNNN!!!!:) :D :laugh: :love:
THANKS TO ALL OF YOUR SUPPORTTSSS!!!! DR. Deyoung CALLED AND I TOLD HIM YOU HAVE GIVEN ME THE BEST NEWSSSS!!!!!!
MY Stats were:
4.0 GPA overall & Science, Getting AA Degree in Spring. No bachelors!!!
BEST WISHES and I'll DEFINATELY SEE U ALL IN NEVADA CAMPUS!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Congrats celinati :thumbup:..see you in fall

Do you guys know what the average gpa of those accepted last year was?

2006 Application Statistics: 1472 applications received; 194 students admitted (142 Nevada Campus and 52 Utah Campus); Overall GPA of admitted students was 3.7.

From USN's website.

So there's still some hope for the rest of us who don't have 4.0GPA.

So there's still some hope for the rest of us who don't have 4.0GPA.

Yes, there's hope! The majority of the people who will be accepted will be called within a few weeks, so don't give up--you may be getting a call any day now!

I just got a call from Dr. Deyoung today. He said I am in but I am thinking about declining the offer. I am going to attend Lecom erie since it is cheaper up there. Am I making a mistake by attending lecom? Wish I know more about the school. Anyway...this will open up a spot for those who are waiting. Good luck all

Thank you gsincom. I am looking forward to see you in fall. I also have a request. You are very familiar with south jordan. could you provide some information on finding apartment. Do i have to have a car to surive there?? HOwz the public transportation out there??
thanx
ray

Ray,

see this thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=4910998#post4910998

also I know that USN will put together a roomate database and it will be sent out in a month or so. Here is what Dr. DeYoung said about this: "You should receive an e-mail from Laurie Briggs, the administrative assistant for the Admissions Office, in May inviting you to participate in the roommate list & College of Pharmacy current student & alumni housing database. Please contact her at [email protected] after May 18th if you have not received this e-mail and you want to participate and/or receive this database. Please note that your participation in this list is voluntary and the College assumes no liability for providing this information to you."

Public Transit in the Salt Lake Valley isn't as good as most big cities mainly because Salt Lake and its suburbs aren't as big as most big cities. There is a light rail system that is pretty good; it is called TRAX. The problem you'll have is that the light rail doesn't go as far south as the school yet; and isn't projected to for a few more years. You could still use it though if you had a bike and wanted to bike a bit to and from the closest stop to the school. I am not sure if the Bus system would be a good option. It will just depend on where you live. Here is a link for public transit: http://www.rideuta.com/ . Let me know if you have more questions.

G

Trax goes to the Sandy civic center and the last stop is 10000s the school is on 10920 South River Parkway (or something like that). I am sure that there is a bus that goes from the trax line to someplace close to the school. I pretty sure that there has to be a route that goes from South Town Mall to the west side of I-15. Check directly with UTA (Utah transit authority) or maybe someone at the So. Jordan campus would know if there is a bus stop near the school. There is lots of housing on the west side of I-15 so there has to be some buses that are on that side also.

Good Luck

i chose south jordan for cost of living issues only.. but hope its not too suburban.... i thuink there is a lot of stuff to do there.

lets just hope the apartment and room mates thing goes on well.. i hav to completed my pre erqs in the summer so won hav much time for searching for an apt and room mate

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello GVSK,
Did you find any roommate yet. I do not know anybody who goes to south jordan. If you are looking for roommate to share house or apartment. Count me too coz i can not live without indian food. seriously.
Thanx
Ray

lookin for room mates.......yeah... where are u from, india or u just love indian food....

i am waitign for nova colg decion but looks highly unlikey cos 550 applicants and 30 seats....so will mostlly end up goin to USN south jordan

hey GVSK..550 applicants and 30 seats ..are you sure about that?..omg..thats just unbielavable competetion..where did 550 international applicants come from :eek: ..may be its the case where people applied to this school from all parts of world.

yep.. thats what dipbuk another user of this forum told me aka dipen

i was guesisin since 110 people applied to western same amt will hav applied to nova but he aud 550 people.. any way this is usn forum i posted another query here if u can reply to that pls do http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=387965

I got a call from Dr. DeYoung on 4/3. I interviewed on 3/28.

My stats:
-Overall: 3.7
-Science: 3.85
BA in Education
Still to finish Micro, Ochem II, A&P II
Chose the Nevada campus

Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting to hear, and congrats to those who have already been accepted!

congatrs hannah .. are u doign ur pre req in the summer . where are you takin them . please make sure that the college you take them in will give you an official transcript before u enroll aug 22,,, or else u cant enroll for fall 2007. this is what dr deyoung has told me

Thank U So Much for accepting me as your classmate in Fall. I can't wait to see you all!!!:D

i chose south jordan for cost of living issues only.. but hope its not too suburban.... i thuink there is a lot of stuff to do there.

lets just hope the apartment and room mates thing goes on well.. i hav to completed my pre erqs in the summer so won hav much time for searching for an apt and room mate

gvsk,

I wasn't trying to scare you or Ray1234. If you won't have a car or would rather make public transit work you certainly can; there are many people that do. All I was trying to say is that mass transit in the Salt Lake area isn't nearly as convenient as it is in a big city like New York. As far as the other issue about the suburban nature of the South Jordan area that could be resolved if you wanted to live close to downtown Salt Lake. If that was the case you could take the TRAX light rail to the Sandy Civic Center stop that mrsturtle mentioned and then bus or bike from there.

Let myself (gsinccom), shaolinRX or mrsturtle know if we can help as we all live in the area now. Do your research on the websites that have been given you and especially use the people(staff/P1 students/faculty) at the USN South Jordan campus for help. You'll get everything worked out over the next few months; work hard and have faith!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOUR SUPPORTTSSS!!!! DR. Deyoung CALLED AND I TOLD HIM YOU HAVE GIVEN ME THE BEST NEWSSSS!!!!!!
MY Stats were:
BEST WISHES and I'll DEFINATELY SEE U ALL IN NEVADA CAMPUS!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I told you so! :D Anyway, CONGRATS!!!!!! See you next semester!

Hey all, I am writing to give hope to those who are still waiting. I got a call today from Dr. Deyoung at 4:25 PM saying I was accepted. I am already committed to another university so unfortunately I had to pass on the offer. I was so appreciative of the call and I thanked him very much. One more seat is available to you all for those who are still waiting. Good luck to everyone.

Hey all, I am writing to give hope to those who are still waiting. I got a call today from Dr. Deyoung at 4:25 PM saying I was accepted. I am already committed to another university so unfortunately I had to pass on the offer. I was so appreciative of the call and I thanked him very much. One more seat is available to you all for those who are still waiting. Good luck to everyone.

congrats! whats your gpa btw?

Celinati, I want to congratulate you on your acceptance. Seriously, I was a bit worried knowing that you were still waiting until this time with such amazing stats. Good luck at USN, hope you have fun and study well. I hope to be there for the Fall of 08.

please tell me which campus is better ..forget ab living costs..... whih is better campus wise, student grps wise, professionalism wise

Yeah, I got in. Just got Dr. Deyoung phone call last night. So happy now...

congrats buddy. what campus are u goona choose and pls mentio ur reasons cos i hav to decide on my campus

Thanks. I'll go to Henderson campus coz I am living here and I like it here with my relatives and friends.

you guys are so lucky or may i say smart hic hic...reading all your threads make me feel like dying...:( congrats everyone, i wished i could be in one of your spots~! feel so "not smart" now!!

you guys are so lucky or may i say smart hic hic...reading all your threads make me feel like dying...:( congrats everyone, i wished i could be in one of your spots~! feel so "not smart" now!!

i feel the same. i interviewed in feb and still not heard, i have given up on usn now. eventhough people say there is hope, due to some reason i feel that i m not going to get accepted there this late.

Thanks Alot for your kind comments guys. Wish U the Best!! Those of you who are recently accepted, Congratulations & I can't wait too see U all in Fall. If you are still waiting, be a little bit more patient. I'm sure you'll get in in because there will be more people wanting to pass on their admissions.
Hang in There,
Wish all the Best:thumbup:

i feel the same. i interviewed in feb and still not heard, i have given up on usn now. eventhough people say there is hope, due to some reason i feel that i m not going to get accepted there this late.

Dr. Deyoung said they will finalize all acceptance until 2nd week of May.
How many seats are filled out of ~220?

If we do not get a call until 2nd week of May then what is the next procedure. - wait list or hold??????

Anyone who has previous exp..

Please advise.

I'm planning on applying for the Fall of 08.
My stats:
Overall Gpa: 3.86
Science Gpa: 4.00
Taking Microbio right now
3 more Pre-Reqs still needed after this semester: A&P I & II and Org II
Extra-Curriculars: Kiwanis Club, Pre-Pharmacy Club, Science Club, Volunteer at a Senior Day Care, Work exp. at a pharmacy,

I may have FOUR W's on my official transcript! That's because I was attending a different school but decided to dropout and just attend a CC to finish my prereqs for USN.

Will have completed only three years of college prior to matriculation
Any thoughts or comments from recent acceptees or current USNers on my application for 08? How will my W's look in front of the adcom?

My stats:
Extra-Curriculars: Kiwanis Club, Pre-Pharmacy Club, Science Club, Volunteer at a Senior Day Care, Work exp. at a pharmacy,

I may have FOUR W's on my official transcript! That's because I was attending a different school but decided to dropout and just attend a CC to finish my prereqs for USN.

Any thoughts or comments from recent acceptees or current USNers on my application for 08? How will my W's look in front of the adcom?

I had quite a few W's on my transcripts as well. My GPAs (science and overall) look similar to yours; I also took most of my prereqs at a CC. I would think that as long as you do well on your interview, you should be ok. Just give it a shot. You'll never know unless you try. Good luck.

My stats:

Don't stress at all man...I was accepted this year with similar stats:

3.5 overall GPA
4.0 science GPA w/ 2 more pre-req's to complete
Lots of EC's and Volunteer work, but no real Pharmacy Experience to speak of
Only 3 years of undergrad - no degree - with almost all of my coursework completed at a CC
AND had a few W's on my transcripts too - never came up during my interview

Bottom line - stay focused and if you want it bad enough, just keep pushing yourself until you get there. Don't get too caught up in worring about every little detail, because trust me the adcom certainly won't be. Good luck next year.

BTW...for anyone still waiting to hear something for this year...there really still is a chance to get in.

Dr. Deyoung will contact people throughout April before creating a waitlist. Those who get waitlisted could get accepted at anytime throughout the summer.

There's a girl who is currently a P1 at Henderson who didn't get in last year until August...so it definately could still happen.

to the above posters, thank you so much for your response and help. I was a bit overrun with anxiety thinking that I may have made a mistake by dropping out of a 4-year university but thank you for giving me hope! I'll never know unless I try...good advice! Congratulations by the way on your acceptances...wish you a successful P1 year at USN.

hey is the circled region the pharm college or is there more to it.

usnhendhr0.jpg

pls do reply

Hey gvsk, no...that's not USN. USN is at the end of Sunset Way...here:

usn700ov7.jpg

are you guys planning an aerial strike or something?

lol, I was thinking the same thing. IM WIT IT IF YOU ARE! :laugh:

i might think of that option if i don't get in :laugh:

MY Stats were:

Congrats Celinati :thumbup: May I ask when you were interviewed? :)

is this south jordan campus or i am wrong abt this also
usnsothjordanbg8.jpg

today is the day of my campus decision

I am a hardwoker at studoes but i am out goind person also.... if i stay at SLC 4 3 yrs and life will be definitely dull and life there afetr may continue

althogh wont havb time to enjoiy las vegas... Entertainment is necessary when we take a break from this type of tough curriculum

so far i havent seen any one posting on south jordan campus. i guess no one knows abt it.
in case any one does pls reply

I had interview at other pharm school on Mar 24 & received the letter yesterdays. My heart is at USN. I am just wondering what take them so long~~~.
I feel like my blood is drying out. If i do not get a call by the end of this month, should I give up? when they are going to send out the letter for acceptance, waist listed or rejected???

ANY IDEAS??

what school did u gett into what are ypur stats...

currently the seats at henderson are full and they are takin eiople into siyth jordan and waitlsting them to henderson if they want....

tell me ur stats and then we can look into your case better

My stats Science & overall GPA 3.7
Have Pharm tech licencse and 3 yrs of pharm tech exp in community.

I am on alternate list for other pharm school. For me it is fair b/c I did not concern about that school. I honestly did not do good job for that school for my essay and also the interview. But I think what made me invite interview and to be on alternate list is GOOD RL. I think.

But I did concern USN. Since it was the school that I wanted to get into.

Well~ i have no control over it. & there are students who have better stats than i am and still did not get a call from them.

what can I do!!!!!

just wait it out man.. if ur interview went on well they will definitely take u in..

the news at usn is henderson campus is presently full and the r admittign people into south jordan campus now. It still doenst meatn that u dont stand a chance at getting into henderson . Many may drop out etc etc...

Atleas you have something in hand. there are a few who are in an an even werse situation.

Jst hang in there till may 1st week. call dr deyoung show them tat you are intersted. If not the other school is the only hope

just wait it out man.. if ur interview went on well they will definitely take u in..

the news at usn is henderson campus is presently full and the r admittign people into south jordan campus now. It still doenst meatn that u dont stand a chance at getting into henderson . Many may drop out etc etc...

Atleas you have something in hand. there are a few who are in an an even werse situation.

Jst hang in there till may 1st week. call dr deyoung show them tat you are intersted. If not the other school is the only hope

Thank you for your encoragement.
I know it is better than just straight rejection.
I was holding my hope last two month.
I guess now it is time to leave it behind and concentrate the other side of my life.

As reality shows if i was qualify to be accepted then I should get accepted by this time. Right now it is almost at the end. I know there is still hope but the chance is rare.
Thanks Anyway....