Usn Accepted Announcements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I spoke with USN and UHEAA today. I sent an e-mail to USN Finaid with the info UHEAA said they needed in order to give me a MPN. Once UHEAA gets that I'm supposed to be able to do my MPN. I guess the MPN can all be done on-line. Am I doing this correctly? Is there anything I'm missing out on? Are you done with all of your stuff?

Members don't see this ad.

any body figure out who the best lender is who offers the best deal...

i am talkint abt the federal financial aid loan lender.

I spoke with USN and UHEAA today. I sent an e-mail to USN Finaid with the info UHEAA said they needed in order to give me a MPN. Once UHEAA gets that I'm supposed to be able to do my MPN. I guess the MPN can all be done on-line. Am I doing this correctly? Is there anything I'm missing out on? Are you done with all of your stuff?

I did the same thing yesterday, by emailing USN the amounts of each specific loan that I was going to use for this year, in addition to informing that I was going to choose UHEAA as my lender. I don't think the MPN can be done online as of yet. I tried accessing the online MPN and it didn't have the option of selecting University of Southern Nevada. I'm going to call them today and see if they can accept the standard MPN from the link they gave me previously (http://nchelp.org/elibrary/index.cfm?parent=60....then, I'll simply fax it over to them.

I also asked Liz from USN's financial aid and she said that the deadlines they mentioned in the letter aren't fixed in stone, so that's a bit of a relief.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the same thing yesterday, by emailing USN the amounts of each specific loan that I was going to use for this year, in addition to informing that I was going to choose UHEAA as my lender. I don't think the MPN can be done online as of yet. I tried accessing the online MPN and it didn't have the option of selecting University of Southern Nevada. I'm going to call them today and see if they can accept the standard MPN from the link they gave me previously (http://nchelp.org/elibrary/index.cfm?parent=60....then, I'll simply fax it over to them.

I also asked Liz from USN's financial aid and she said that the deadlines they mentioned in the letter aren't fixed in stone, so that's a bit of a relief.

Hi again ShaolinRx,

I sent my info to USN again today-I guess I left off something important last week- and Debra Gambill said that she'd get it to UHEAA.

any update on your end since this last post?

Thanks again for all your help.

G

Hi again ShaolinRx,

I sent my info to USN again today-I guess I left off something important last week- and Debra Gambill said that she'd get it to UHEAA.

any update on your end since this last post?

Thanks again for all your help.

G

I know that there are several of us that are going through UHEAA, but as of today (Fri. 20th) financial aid still hasn't processed my info (although they said that it would definitely be done by the end of this week). Well, there's always tomorrow; maybe it will be finished next week. ::Crosses Fingers::

For all of you accepted, did you turn in your Fall transcripts before you were accepted?

I know that there are several of us that are going through UHEAA, but as of today (Fri. 20th) financial aid still hasn't processed my info (although they said that it would definitely be done by the end of this week). Well, there's always tomorrow; maybe it will be finished next week. ::Crosses Fingers::

sounds like we are in the same boat. I sent my MPN late last week. I also talked to UHEAA on friday the 20th and they said they had not yet received my school cert from USN yet.

Later Shaolin and thanks for all the updates over the past few weeks.

I just got this e-mail-"Utah Higher Education received your Master Promissory Note and the School Certification Form. Your Stafford loan will process tonight and is set to disburse on August 22, 2007."

Yipee! Check another thing off the list!

What else do we need to do to be ready for the 22nd?

I know we should read the catalog and the student handbook off of USN's pharmacy webpage. I know I need to get a record of immunizations. I also need to decide if I'll be obtaining a P1 intern paid job or not.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi, I am so confused about the loan.Any one can help me with the lenders.Which one is the best ?

I just got a call from Dr. DeYoung tonight around 8:00 for the South Jordan campus. I declined, I'll be attending Idaho State. So there is at least 1 more spot open. Hate to have people keep their hopes up just in case they don't get in, but I had lost all hope of getting accepted at USN. So you never know! Plan for the worse hope for the best. Good luck to everyone who will be attending. :thumbup:

seems like a lot of high GPAs in here. how were you guys' interview experience at USN?

seems like a lot of high GPAs in here. how were you guys' interview experience at USN?

Check out the interview feedback forum for usn. It is really helpful. But I was extremely nervous during my interview! The pre-interview session was just great though. Everyone I met there was so nice. The entire time before my interview I was thinking of how much I would like to go there since everyone seemed so friendly and the block scheduling/exam/rotations seemed so ideal. When they said you can go anywhere (as long as its approved!) for the third year rotations I was like--I have got to get in here--I would so like to go back home to Chicago for that year!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a call from Dr. DeYoung tonight around 8:00 for the South Jordan campus. I declined, I'll be attending Idaho State. So there is at least 1 more spot open. Hate to have people keep their hopes up just in case they don't get in, but I had lost all hope of getting accepted at USN. So you never know! Plan for the worse hope for the best. Good luck to everyone who will be attending. :thumbup:

Congrats zebiraross,

I requested you added to the roll call:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=5442230&posted=1#post5442230

Too bad you won't be joining us at USN SJ:) However, congrats on ISU and I do hope things go great for you:)

So everyone, it is one day from August 3rd! So all 2010 USNers, that means we should be receiving more details on Orientation and the White Coat Ceremony anytime now from Dr. DeYoung:) Can't wait!

just got the email...

but didnt get the promissory notes for my financial aid package. i chose finasure as my lender and sent tne online form for the stafford loan before jul 17th. i am not taking anyof the graduate plus loan > i can manage my expenses . tuition is theonly thing i took the loan for.

Bye

i just got my promissory note emailed to me and also being send vis normal mail. i wil lfill it up and send it to them this week end and my loan process is done with

Has anyone else been taken off the waitlist recently?

For all of you accepted, did you turn in your Fall transcripts before you were accepted?

I did not. I had not finished the minimum prerequisites at that point and asked Dr. DeYoung at a conference what he would suggest that I do. His advice: wait until the end of the semester and then submit them. Everyone else said that it is wisest to submit your app. early, but apparently not for USN (I submitted mine around December 15th...at the end of Fall semester). My interview was scheduled for the end of January and I got a call a week after from DeYoung!

Anyone else feeling the heebee-jeebees yet? lol. Its balanced out by my excitement, but its another one of those exaggerated unfamiliars that only become less intimidating when you actually experience it. Ah well. Can't wait to see you all on the 23rd!

Does Dr. DeYoung call on the weekends as well?

how many people here in SDN would join USN if a spot opens up now

how many people here in SDN would join USN if a spot opens up now

I would :thumbup:

Dr DeYoung would have to call soon though, because I'm leaving for Colorado tomorrow for the University of Colorado's Pharmacy Program...

This thread is getting a bit cluttered... I'll go make a new thread for this question. I got an email from Dr. DeYoung (mass email to everyone) about signing papers for internships. What's the scoop on this?

Please reply here: LINK

Hey USN class of 2010 - I'll see ya tomorrow:) 1st day of orientation here I come!

Guess I better spend my time in the studentdoctor pharmacy forum now instead of the pre-pharm one!

gsinc,

I'll see you there in just over an hour. I am so excited! :);):rolleyes::laugh:

Does Dr DeYoung leave messages? I have a full time job and my phone doesn't have any signal there. :(
Not that I have any chance, but it's a comforting thought. :(

this school accepted a lot of english as a second language (esl) students, you can come to America in a few years as a resident and get your pharmD in three years...just remember to get the government to pay the school first :thumbdown: just look at the statistics i tell ya; perhaps you are sitting next to one now, who can't speak with major accent