USN Utah Dental School Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I fortunately have been accepted already, so I declined my interview offer. But, I hear it was a very group intensive day. The school is very group learning oriented and it sounds like they didn't shy away from that during interviews. Other than that, it sounds like it was the standard show you the school/program interview. Also, it looks like it may be a BYU extension next year. I hear about 90% of the interviewees were from there! (probably exaggerating, but a lot anyway)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there anyone who had an interview in USN?




I fortunately have been accepted already, so I declined my interview offer. But, I hear it was a very group intensive day. The school is very group learning oriented and it sounds like they didn't shy away from that during interviews. Other than that, it sounds like it was the standard show you the school/program interview. Also, it looks like it may be a BYU extension next year. I hear about 90% of the interviewees were from there! (probably exaggerating, but a lot anyway)
 
Yeah I was there on December 10th. Interesting interview to say the least, lots of group work throughout the day. I was there from 930-5, a very very long day. There were 30 people about 20 instate and 10 out of state.
 
Yeah I was there on December 10th. Interesting interview to say the least, lots of group work throughout the day. I was there from 930-5, a very very long day. There were 30 people about 20 instate and 10 out of state.

How many interviews did you have ?
Was it one on one ?
What was so interesting about it ?
 
Hey punchdrunk7 could you be more specific? I got interview offer from USN but I did not decide yet casue I have been accepted into other dental school. What is the group dicussion in there? Thanks


Yeah I was there on December 10th. Interesting interview to say the least, lots of group work throughout the day. I was there from 930-5, a very very long day. There were 30 people about 20 instate and 10 out of state.
 
Well the only reason that I went was because I am from Utah. I have been accepted to a few other schools but wanted to check it out. If it costs to much to fly out, and you are not serious about attending I would not come. It will be a great school, I just don't want to be the newbie class. That is just me though. So When I said an "interesting interview" I was referring to the day as a whole, I had one 30 minute interview which was really relaxed. As for the day it was full of group work with different scenarios and little projects. One example was formulating ideas for the schools honor code etc. I don't want to give away what happens throughout the day, so it is basically working as a group to say the least. I would have liked another interview instead of so much group work, but that is just me. I hope that helps!
 
Thanks!


Well the only reason that I went was because I am from Utah. I have been accepted to a few other schools but wanted to check it out. If it costs to much to fly out, and you are not serious about attending I would not come. It will be a great school, I just don't want to be the newbie class. That is just me though. So When I said an "interesting interview" I was referring to the day as a whole, I had one 30 minute interview which was really relaxed. As for the day it was full of group work with different scenarios and little projects. One example was formulating ideas for the schools honor code etc. I don't want to give away what happens throughout the day, so it is basically working as a group to say the least. I would have liked another interview instead of so much group work, but that is just me. I hope that helps!
 
Last edited: