This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mathabhare

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking for any thoughts on the postbacc program (Certificate in Biomedical Sciences) at UT Dallas and elms postbacc program. It looks like a lot of the posts on this programs are older. I did some research on their website, but does anyone have any recent experience with it? which was is a better program? I am really trying to do post bacc program in Texas to gain Texas residency and hopefully apply to one of the Texas dental school.

Here is my undergrad stats:

English I: B
English II: A

Biology I/Lab: B / B
Biology II/Lab: C+ / B

General Chem I/ Lab: C+ /C
General Chem II/ Lab :C+/ B

Organic Chemistry I (Retaken 2x)/ Lab: C, B- / B
Organic Chemistry II(Retaken 3x)/ Lab: F,F,A / A

Physics I/ Lab: B+/ A
Physics II/ Lab: A-/ A

Genetics/ Lab: D/B

Calculus I: C

Microbiology/ Lab: C/ C
Cell Biology (Retaken 2x)/ Lab: D,C/ B

Statistics : B-

Members don't see this ad.

Have you looked at the requirements for getting into the UT Dallas program? The program is designed for under represented minorities and you have to qualify for the program based on you race/wealth/county residence. You may not even be able to enter the program because of factors out of your control.

Have you looked at the requirements for getting into the UT Dallas program? The program is designed for under represented minorities and you have to qualify for the program based on you race/wealth/county residence. You may not even be able to enter the program because of factors out of your control.

I don't really see any requirements for the program. I didn't find anything that said its designed for under minorities.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't really see any requirements for the program. I didn't find anything that said its designed for under minorities.

I think he thought you were talking about the post bac program that Texas A&M offers through UTD that offers auto acceptance.

Oh no, I'm talking about the post baccalaureate certificate in biomedical science program.