UT Memphis Class of 2015

At the interview, they said they would admit roughly 1/3 of the class, most of those apparently being out-of-state. They also do their acceptance letters through snail mail as far as I know. So maybe Dec. 2 or 3 would be the day to look forward to :-D

Members don't see this ad.

Finally got an interview! Woohooo, looks like it will be Dec. 6!

They also do their acceptance letters through snail mail as far as I know. So maybe Dec. 2 or 3 would be the day to look forward to :-D

Dang only snail mail - my nerves can't handle this any longer! Why can't they just call or something?! lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I was looking on last year's thread, and a bunch of people called and they told them! So maybe if you want to know for sure, you call on Wednesday and let us know what they say??

If anyone calls tomorrow (including me) will y'all post back on here what they say?? I'm not sure I'll be able to get the nerve up to call ahhh

will do! I haven't decided if I am going to yet or not...

Okay, so someone HAS to call this is killing me!!! If I get up the nerve to call should I just call the Office of Enrollment Services? That's the one listed on the online application.

Okay, so someone HAS to call this is killing me!!! If I get up the nerve to call should I just call the Office of Enrollment Services? That's the one listed on the online application.

Yes PLEASE call for us and ask if they will call us or email us or send it through snail mail. THANKS!!!!!!!

Okay, I call his secretary... No answer. Someone else's turn!

Okay I talked to them... They mailed out letters today and those who have been accepted already will be receiving calls from Dr. Covington this afternoon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay I talked to them... They mailed out letters today and those who have been accepted already will be receiving calls from Dr. Covington this afternoon!

Definitely thanks for the update! Is it true they only send out 20-30 letters on Dec 1? And then the rest of the class fills later? Any confirmation about that?

I had this EXACT question. I contacted Dr. Coleman about this very issue because I graduated undergrad in 2005. He said as long as my prereqs aren't like 15 years old, then I would be ok. Plus, this was not brought up at all during my interview. So, from my personal experience, it seems the "5 year rule" is not set in stone. This is great for us nontraditional students. Good luck! :luck:

Thanks for sharing this, this has been on my mind since before I went BACK to school. My english comp's and Bio I and lab are from the early 2000's. I've since taken Bio II as well as other Biology classes and did just fine. I also took a literature class that required quite a bit of writing, made an A; hopefully this will be a non-issue for me as well.

If I get an interview that is.

I got an e-mail today saying my application was complete (I was missing a few things). Now I get to wait to see if I'm invited for an interview.

Good luck to everyone!

Quick question, how bad is it going to look if they interview me, but I end up failing BioChemistry? It is the toughest class I've ever had. They told us to spend 3 hours a day on it. I laughed, I work 40-50 hours per week and have 12 hours of school. Am I not supposed to sleep?

My friend of mine just got the call. Good luck everyone!:luck:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dr. Covington just called me a few minutes ago!! I've been accepted!! Class of 2015!

Good luck everyone :)

Congrats! I haven't heard anything yet, BUT am definitely hoping to...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dr. Covington just called me a few minutes ago!! I've been accepted!! Class of 2015!

Good luck everyone :)

CONGRATULATIONS!! You will be very happy here!! :D

I wonder if all of the calls have been made or if they are doing some tomorrow?

I got a call from Dr. Covington also stating I have been accepted! I am so excited Congrats everyone!

For those lucky souls who have been accepted, does it say "Accepted" when you log back into your application via uthsc.edu? Seems like I remember folks saying it did last year.

Someone needs to start a facebook group!

Guys can you share your GPA's, DAT, and degree or non-degree. I am trying to apply next cycle. Thanx :)

Last edited:
Got acceptance letter in the mail from the Dean today! Now to prepare for the deposit!

congrats to you guys! i got a call Dec 1... Dr.Covington woke me up from a nap so at 1st I thought it was just a really amazing dream haha. can't wait to see you guys! has anyone created the fb group??

congrats to you guys! i got a call Dec 1... Dr.Covington woke me up from a nap so at 1st I thought it was just a really amazing dream haha. can't wait to see you guys! has anyone created the fb group??

Hi! I don't think there's a group yet.

Got the call on the 1st but I was in class and when I called their office yesterday, it went straight to voicemail...called them today and Dr. Covington said that I was ACCEPTED and a letter should arrive early next week (I'm out of state). CONGRATS to those who were accepted!! :)

The deposit deadline is Jan 10 and it is $1000

Has anyone received their other letter in the mail yet?

The same thing happened to me. I was two and half hours into a nap. I got the call and I completely went form out cold to awake and excited. Glad this happened to someone else as well. I'd like to know what Dr. Covington was thinking when I answered.

The same thing happened to me. I was two and half hours into a nap. I got the call and I completely went form out cold to awake and excited. Glad this happened to someone else as well. I'd like to know what Dr. Covington was thinking when I answered.

Congrats!!!! Did Dr. Covington just call you? That's so exciting!

Yup! He just called me... he was very calm and collected and I was slightly ecstatic haha... I can't wait!

Yup! He just called me... he was very calm and collected and I was slightly ecstatic haha... I can't wait!

Congrats! Great way to start off the new year! See you in Memphis!

Did they just do another round of acceptances??

I'm actually not sure... I thought about that afterward, but it was too late to ask.

I also got the call yesterday!!! Can't wait till August!

Congrats to all those accepted! If you haven't done so already, join our facebook group!

Hey all,

I'm a fourth year at UT-memphis so feel free to ask me anything. I don't check this all too often anymore since residency interviews are right now, so if you have any questions just message me. Congrats to all so far!

Hello, I have been following this thread since applying to UTHSC this past June. I have found it to be very helpful and informational. I would like to thank all who have contributed. Also, I would like to say that I recieved a phone call from Dr. Convington this afternoon and am very excited to join the class of 2015.

Got my interview packet in the mail from UT today! It's official. Now to plan a trip to Memphis. Luckily, I'm not too far. Who else has been invited to interview at UT?
I was invited: Reese Lunsford. I interviewed the first time they had open: Jan 14th. Rather, the first time they had in the group I was with. I think I am in the third tier. Fine with me!

Last edited:
Yes, very nice he is!
Freefallin: you wouldn't happen to be a Star Wars fan would you? hahaha. Covington's a good guy. Real impressive. Made me feel comfortable and welcome. Knew some people I know and they all told me he was a nice man. He did not disappoint.

Hey guys: those of "us" who get in ( quotations because I am unaware if have been accepted or not yet.) need to post pictures of yourselves. That way we can get to know each other a little before we meet. I know y'all are starting a facebook page, so either one... Hope to see y'all in August.