Utah dental license

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KatieJune

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to apply for licensure in this state? Has anyone sent their credentials to be evaluated by "International Credentialing associates" to see if their education is ADA equivalent? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

do they accept international dentists without further education?

caninus_molarus said:
do they accept international dentists without further education?

yes, they do (in theory). I don't know if anyone has ever gotten the license there. The process is that you have to submit your curriculum from your dental school to International Credentialing Associates (ICA) and if they determine that your education is equivalent to the U.S. dental schools, they'll consider you....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello KatieJune

Please. Can you tell me where can I find information about these

Hydrogen said:
Hello KatieJune

Please. Can you tell me where can I find information about these

look on ADA website or the Utah board website.

KatieJune said:
look on ADA website or the Utah board website.

Hi KatieJune,

Did you try to apply for the Utah license?

no, I've just heard that no one has ever gotten licensure in Utah...just wondering if anyone has applied.

did any one got his ica evaluation?
what are the requirments and how to get the application?
how to reach them
plz help

I am from UTAH, I'm not an international student so I don't really know about the international situation. But from what I have heard from many of the dentist I know in utah is that the state is quite saturated with dentists. BYU has a 90% or better acceptance rate to dental school, and after completion of dental school I would guess a majority of those dentists want to return to their home state (because utah is very family oriented).

The state may be restricting the influx of international dentists, because there are already so many practicing dentists there.

msf41 said:
I am from UTAH, I'm not an international student so I don't really know about the international situation. But from what I have heard from many of the dentist I know in utah is that the state is quite saturated with dentists. BYU has a 90% or better acceptance rate to dental school, and after completion of dental school I would guess a majority of those dentists want to return to their home state (because utah is very family oriented).

The state may be restricting the influx of international dentists, because there are already so many practicing dentists there.

Hi
I am a new member to this site . I read your mail. I was wondering if u have any clue what Colorado univ is looking for ?? And what is the min % that was accepted Last yr .I have cleared Part 1 and Part 2 but not very good scores .So i was wondering if I sould apply this yr or retake part 1 to improve the score .I have 13 yrs of experience and post graduation from my country
Your reply will be appreciated
shellac10