You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UTK 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS acceptance for me! Came much earlier than expected and very grateful I don't need to interview— my other interviews are stressing me out!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just out of curiousity, what was the title of everyone's email? I thought "Special Message from University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine" was really funny.
Tech_Penguin
Full Member
OOS rejection :/
I thought the same thing lolJust out of curiousity, what was the title of everyone's email? I thought "Special Message from University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine" was really funny.
dew5
Auburn CVM c/o 2030
Omg I didn’t even notice that 😂 I just saw a message from UTK and assumed it was a rejection, since interview invite wasn’t in the title
Just out of curiousity, what was the title of everyone's email? I thought "Special Message from University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine" was really funny.
DogDangIt
Full Member
Yeah! I saw that and my mind immediately well this would be a funny way to reject someone 😭Just out of curiousity, what was the title of everyone's email? I thought "Special Message from University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine" was really funny.
I am also curious about how many!Out of sheer curiosity, does anyone know how many OOS applicants they send acceptances to w/o interview? I got a string of rejections last week so I'm just really excited to have gotten a yes!
in my cohort there were 4 of us 🙂Out of sheer curiosity, does anyone know how many OOS applicants they send acceptances to w/o interview? I got a string of rejections last week so I'm just really excited to have gotten a yes!
There's four in this thread alone! Maybe they did more this year, or maybe some of the ones from your cohort went elsewhere...in my cohort there were 4 of us 🙂
dew5
Auburn CVM c/o 2030
Wow!!! That’s incredible!in my cohort there were 4 of us 🙂
yeah, there were 25 (ish?) OOS spots for my cohort, and that included the people who interviewed and the ones who got accepted without interview. i’m curious if they’re upping the OOS seats this cycleThere's four in this thread alone! Maybe they did more this year, or maybe some of the ones from your cohort went elsewhere...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on everyone accepted!
IS applicant and waitlisted. Any others waitlisted?
IS applicant and waitlisted. Any others waitlisted?
blacklabrador2025
Full Member
has anyone gotten an email specifying their interview date/time? I thought the invitation email said we would hear by end of day Monday but maybe I read it wrong?
meowgees
illinois c/o 2030
nope I haven't gotten anything yethas anyone gotten an email specifying their interview date/time? I thought the invitation email said we would hear by end of day Monday but maybe I read it wrong?
PaintingParrot
Full Member
I haven’t gotten anything either. Maybe they’re just running a bit late? If I don’t hear in a couple days, I’ll email them.has anyone gotten an email specifying their interview date/time? I thought the invitation email said we would hear by end of day Monday but maybe I read it wrong?
luckycat29
Full Member
Just got an email with my interview time and other info!
I am really confused and slightly concerned lol. I am an OOS applicant, I recieved the confirmation email back in October but have not heard anything since. Not even a rejection. Do they do multiple waves of interveiws/acceptances? When should I reach out? I am confused bc I know there is like a screening interview that some people get, there is a handful of early admissions, and then interviews, but why have I not heard anything? Then that makes me think are their like later admissions that don't need an interview? Any advice/help is much appreciated thanks.
asprmsd
Future DVM
Hey! I am an IS applicant and I got rejected on Dec 1. Do you care to share your experience? Like were you rejected back in December and you just found out you were waitlisted or did you not hear back until recently that you were waitlisted? Just curious if there’s a chance for me to get waitlisted. (Low chance but worth asking around)Congrats on everyone accepted!
IS applicant and waitlisted. Any others waitlisted?
Hi! I was waitlisted as an in state student on December 1st, I just recently found this form.Hey! I am an IS applicant and I got rejected on Dec 1. Do you care to share your experience? Like were you rejected back in December and you just found out you were waitlisted or did you not hear back until recently that you were waitlisted? Just curious if there’s a chance for me to get waitlisted. (Low chance but worth asking around)
I never got a rejection, I was instead placed in the alternate pool.
I am not sure if you can get on the waitlist after a rejection status has been determined. I believe that a rejection status is unfortunately the final decision. 🙁
what were your stats if you dont mind sharing, I aiming for a no interview acceptance lolOOS acceptance for me! Came much earlier than expected and very grateful I don't need to interview— my other interviews are stressing me out!!!
You can message me if you want!what were your stats if you dont mind sharing, I aiming for a no interview acceptance lol
what was your gpa if you dont mind me asking? Reddit has me scared saying they had an internal cut off last year at 3.7OOS Acceptance! Shaking, crying, throwing up. Congrats to everyone that got an interview or acceptance.
hey guys! someone on FB mentioned an accepted students groupchat so i figured i’d make one in case yall had any questions or want to connect to other students. i think im the only current utcvm student actively on SDN so i’ll try to see if any of my classmates want to join the groupme to give other perspectives as well!
GroupMe - Join the group for UTCVM c/o 2030 accepted students 🧡
GroupMe - Join the group for UTCVM c/o 2030 accepted students 🧡
groupme.com
futurechickendoc
New Member
Hi! Does anyone know when OOS final decisions go out/have gone out in the past? I had my interview two weeks ago yesterday and they didn’t mention anything about when I would hear back for a final decision (cause they asked me two questions with 1 minute left in my interview and I didn’t get to finish answering them before it kicked me out ☹️). Has anyone else heard anything or have any information? Literally anything helps
last cycle decisions came out feb 21, so should be very soon!Hi! Does anyone know when OOS final decisions go out/have gone out in the past? I had my interview two weeks ago yesterday and they didn’t mention anything about when I would hear back for a final decision (cause they asked me two questions with 1 minute left in my interview and I didn’t get to finish answering them before it kicked me out ☹️). Has anyone else heard anything or have any information? Literally anything helps
I just got an email about accepted students day! Not sure if I'll go cause all my student's days are a flight away and that gets expensive even though UTK is an awesome choice!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i'll be volunteering at admitted students day, yall should def come!
holly_eddie
Full Member
I'll be there! So excited!i'll be volunteering at admitted students day, yall should def come!
when is it?I just got an email about accepted students day! Not sure if I'll go cause all my student's days are a flight away and that gets expensive even though UTK is an awesome choice!
march 12!when is it?
luckycat29
Full Member
OOS ACCEPTANCE - FULL BODY SHAKING IN BIOCHEM CLASS RN
PaintingParrot
Full Member
OOS Rejection. Congrats to everyone who got accepted!
ririzzyroo
New Member
OOS acceptance!! My first one as i was waitlisted from IS!! Congrats everyone YIPPEE
futurechickendoc
New Member
OOS rejection. Congrats everyone else!!!
i made a group me, but an official one will be made on FB once you accept your seatIs there a group for accepted students yet? Or is that and after decision day thing?
GroupMe - Join the group for UTCVM c/o 2030 accepted students 🧡
GroupMe - Join the group for UTCVM c/o 2030 accepted students 🧡
groupme.com
Declined my seat, good luck waitlist!
holly_eddie
Full Member
Does anyone have any information or experience with Anatomy Bootcamp? Like when the info was sent out, the dates it spanned, and if you truly found it helpful/advantageous. Thank you so much in advance!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn’t do the bootcamp, I wanted to hold on to every last bit of freedom I could get lol. I got an informational email about it at the end of May with more details. The program ran from July 28 to August 8, and classes started August 18.Does anyone have any information or experience with Anatomy Bootcamp? Like when the info was sent out, the dates it spanned, and if you truly found it helpful/advantageous. Thank you so much in advance!!
From what I’ve heard, people who did it found it really helpful and didn’t regret spending the $800. They also liked getting to know some of their classmates and professors ahead of time. That said, coming from someone who didn’t do it, I didn’t struggle in small animal anatomy, and the other people I know who skipped it didn’t have issues either. You’ll learn what you need once classes start-you won’t be behind.
People who did the bootcamp did seem a bit more confident in dissection at first and maybe slightly ahead. But you get so much information thrown at you during bootcamp (it’s basically a semester’s worth of dissection in two weeks), so you’re not going to retain most of it anyway.
For context, I had taken anatomy courses in both high school and undergrad, which also influenced my decision not to do it. Personally, I would save the $800 for other things since you’re already paying to learn all of this in the actual curriculum, but that’s just my perspective.
Overall, people I’ve talked to say it was worth it for them, but don’t feel obligated to do it or worry that you’ll fall behind if you don’t.
holly_eddie
Full Member
Thank you so much!!I didn’t do the bootcamp, I wanted to hold on to every last bit of freedom I could get lol. I got an informational email about it at the end of May with more details. The program ran from July 28 to August 8, and classes started August 18.
From what I’ve heard, people who did it found it really helpful and didn’t regret spending the $800. They also liked getting to know some of their classmates and professors ahead of time. That said, coming from someone who didn’t do it, I didn’t struggle in small animal anatomy, and the other people I know who skipped it didn’t have issues either. You’ll learn what you need once classes start-you won’t be behind.
People who did the bootcamp did seem a bit more confident in dissection at first and maybe slightly ahead. But you get so much information thrown at you during bootcamp (it’s basically a semester’s worth of dissection in two weeks), so you’re not going to retain most of it anyway.
For context, I had taken anatomy courses in both high school and undergrad, which also influenced my decision not to do it. Personally, I would save the $800 for other things since you’re already paying to learn all of this in the actual curriculum, but that’s just my perspective.
Overall, people I’ve talked to say it was worth it for them, but don’t feel obligated to do it or worry that you’ll fall behind if you don’t.
Booklover33
Full Member
I just declined my OOS seat, hope someone on the waitlist gets good news soon!
Declined my OOS seat as I got accepted to my IS - Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist!!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K