UToledo MEDStart Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wolverine94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I am applying to the University of Toledo MEDStart program this year (2015-16), and was wondering if I could get any feedback on what my chances are:

I will be a junior at the University of Michigan this fall.
-sGPA: 3.72
-GPA: 3.82
-SAT: 2010
-Ohio resident
-Heavily involved with research--I am in the process of being published.
-I participate in lots of ECs at school, and hold leadership positions in each.
-I have been shadowing this past summer for about 3 hours per week, but I have also been taking classes locally so it is difficult to find more time to shadow.
-I do not have as many volunteering hours as I would like because of my commitment to research, however I do regularly volunteer with the same organization at school...how much will this effect my acceptance if I am planning on devoting more time to volunteering this coming semester?
-I am an English major (which I hope will help to set me apart from the other applicants)
-Strong letters of recommendation (bio professor, english professor, and the head of my research lab)

Any comments on my chances would be greatly appreciated, as well as any other advice you have on how to improve my application! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.