UTSW Cytology Fellowship - New Spot for July 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
UTSW Cytology, under the directorship of Dr. Raheela Ashfaq, just got approved and funded for a 2nd Cytology fellowship spot to begin this coming July 2007. For details on the fellowship and how to apply, please contact:

Georgene Hockey
Program Coordinator
Cytology Fellowship
UTSW Medical Center at Dallas
214-590-8897
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

FYI for other guests - we (or at least I, if I get overruled I will let you know) will allow posts like this, but in general we will not allow advertisements, such as recruitment for jobs. In this case since this is a newly approved fellowship spot it is reasonable to leave it up.

So adds like this:
"Wanted BC/BE pathologist for exotic dancing in the greater Tampa area, pls pm me" would be removed?

Am I hearing you right?

Members don't see this ad :)
So adds like this:
"Wanted BC/BE pathologist for exotic dancing in the greater Tampa area, pls pm me" would be removed?

Am I hearing you right?

I heard that **** already filled anyway.

FYI for other guests - we (or at least I, if I get overruled I will let you know) will allow posts like this, but in general we will not allow advertisements, such as recruitment for jobs. In this case since this is a newly approved fellowship spot it is reasonable to leave it up.

we at utsw appreciate your kind consideration, yaah. i apologize for violating the "rules" of this forum. we are going to post a formal ad in pathologyoutlines but because of the wide "readership" of sdn, we thought it would be a good idea to advertise here as well. as you might realize, we will most likely have a very difficult time getting this unexpected opening filled as most, if not all, graduating residents (including our own) have already secured fellowships/jobs at this time of the fiscal year. again, many thanks and rest assured, a post like this will not come from utsw again.

Big D
Have you filled this spot?

Big D
Have you filled this spot?

hello. i am not sure if we have filled this spot or not. i have moved on from cytology to an off-site rotation and have not kept myself abreast with the goings on at utsw. before i left cytology, i was told by georgene that we had scheduled at least 1 person for an interview. please contact her and ask.

like i said, this is an excellent cytology fellowship. dr. ashfaq aims to produce leaders in the field, either in the community or in academia. as an example, dr. siddiqui, who revampled and revived the cytology department at emory, is a product of this fellowship.