UVA versus Hopkins Post-Bacc Programs (for Career Changers)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedstress2323

Reaction score
I've been accepted to UVA and Hopkins' post-bacc programs for career changers. Anyone have opinions about one versus the other?

UVA seems like a more collaborative rather than competitive environment, and features Post-Bacc-only classes for almost every prerequisite. At Hopkins, prereqs are taken with undergrads. Because of this, I've heard it is harder to get a good Science GPA at Hopkins than it is at UVA.

Hopkins has more structured opportunities for clinical and research exposure. Hopkins has more linkages, and more that I'd be interested in.

UVA is cheaper, and you get easy access to professors (great for LORs), and the cohort supposedly gets super close.

Members don't see this ad.

I've been accepted to UVA and Hopkins' post-bacc programs for career changers. Anyone have opinions about one versus the other?

UVA seems like a more collaborative rather than competitive environment, and features Post-Bacc-only classes for almost every prerequisite. At Hopkins, prereqs are taken with undergrads. Because of this, I've heard it is harder to get a good Science GPA at Hopkins than it is at UVA.

Hopkins has more structured opportunities for clinical and research exposure. Hopkins has more linkages, and more that I'd be interested in.

UVA is cheaper, and you get easy access to professors (great for LORs), and the cohort supposedly gets super close.

UVA. No question. Can't beat dedicated sections, 11-month soup to nuts, and extrmely intensive/personal advising.

Hope you made the right choice for you!