UWISC MADISON WAITLIST 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
TheProwler said:
We regret that you will not join our incoming class. Thank you for
informing us of your decision and for your interest in the University
of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health MD degree program.
I wish you the best in your studies in medicine in your school of
choice.
Regards,

Lucy Wall

Hope one of you guys gets in!

Ditto. Good luck everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Entrepreneurdoc said:
I found out that I'm in the "top third" of Madisons alternate list. Eventhough top third... I doubt my chances considering Madison overaccepted last year and took zero applicants from the waitlist. Any thoughts?? Anyone else in the same boat??

I still don't understand this thing about not taking anyone off the waitlist last year. I've heard it a couple of times. the reason I don't understand is that, after i interviewed in November 2004, i received a letter saying I was on the waitlist. Then about 3-4 weeks later I got a letter saying I was accepted.

Granted I went to MCW either way, because my gut told me to. But I always wonder why "nobody" got off the waitlist last year if I in fact did.

At any rate, good luck to you guys!

Maybe they had a rolling waitlist at first? I know a friend of mine was waitlisted at Wake for no more than 2-3 weeks in November. They might mean that nobody came off the waitlist at the end.

Members don't see this ad :)
TheProwler said:
Maybe they had a rolling waitlist at first? I know a friend of mine was waitlisted at Wake for no more than 2-3 weeks in November. They might mean that nobody came off the waitlist at the end.

Maybe it was the box of chocolates I sent. I made sure it didn't have any of those really hard/chewy caramel kinds with nuts.

other waitlists are starting to move. how about madison?

medworm said:
other waitlists are starting to move. how about madison?

I called yesterday...no movement yet. They said some people still haven't withdrawen yet. THey need to fix this damn process.
...The little hope I had is quickly dwindling away.

Wait...what? Does that refer to those who didn't put their deposit down for the class by the 15th but didn't say they won't be coming either.....? Is that how that works..?

Anyway I think we should go on a strike :)

Entrepreneurdoc said:
Heard anything lately?

not yet... but i'll offer to call them next week.

anyone have specific questions?

:luck: :luck: :luck:

I called yesterday. No movement yet. :sleep:

Maybe when you call next week you could ask...what is the point of having the list if they overaccept to begin with then don't expect to use the list at all.... :smuggrin:

Somnorexia said:
I called yesterday. No movement yet. :sleep:

Maybe when you call next week you could ask...what is the point of having the list if they overaccept to begin with then don't expect to use the list at all.... :smuggrin:

aww shucks. i agree. prob no point in calling until 6/15th or so

I called. No movement from the accepted pool, but my waitlist spot did move up 2 spaces, possibly b/c two people ahead of me removed themselves from the waitlist queue.

Seriously, I just need 9 people who don't plan to attend UW but are still holding acceptances to drop theirs. For a class size of ~150, that's not too implausible is it? Pretty please!! I could trade you my seat at another school :)

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Just got off the waitlist -- there is a GOD! :)

Good luck everyone! :luck: :luck:

medworm said:
Just got off the waitlist -- there is a GOD! :)

Good luck everyone! :luck: :luck:

Oh my dear God! That's great! :) :D

If only they could take just a few more... :D