UWSOM WWAMI Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a letter by snail mail the Thursday after the last MT ExCom meeting. I'm #1 on the MT waitlist, so I didn't consider this bad news. Don't worry, there is still hope!!:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Beeser, I'm in the same boat as you. Interviewed last week - still no email. Did they say we'd receive them today specifically - I thought they just said "the first of next week"???

Good Luck!!! - If any other Idaho people received the email today, I'd love to hear from them!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
The admissions secretary said we would hear on Monday, and other people that had gotten in previously heard on Monday, or on Tuesday if monday was a holiday....They decided on Friday...(that was the last committee meeting for Idaho apps)...so I don't know why they would torture us by making us wait until later in the week.....It's driving me nuts, but its already 4pm their time...so I guess I should keep my next interview scheduled....:(:(:(

Just be glad you have another interview....I'm in limbo at one other school.

Are there ANY Idaho applicants that heard from UWSOM today??!??!

Well Jeremy, here's to emails on Tuesday!!! Good luck!!!!!:oops:

It would probably be a good thing if we didn't here from anyone else on this forum that has heard.....What part of Idaho are you from?

Treasure Valley area.......

Maybe the Idahoans who got accepted today aren't SDN-members??!??

I can't count the number of times I've checked my gmail account today.

BUMP - Any Idaho WWAMI applicants heard from UWSOM yesterday or today???

Give the admissions office a call, they will tell you if you're accepted/rejected/waitlisted. I did it yesterday :)

spz315, thanks for the advice. so you called yesterday??? mind sharing the outcome?? :)

i called uw to find out from those idaho interviews. i made the alternate list, but i doubt that they will get to me just call them. if you didnt receive an email then its a NO or an ALTERNATE position. good luck

I spoke with the admissions office. They said emails were sent out yesterday(Monday). You can call the office to get your decision or you can just wait for the letter in the mail to arrive. Does anybody know anything about the waitlist as UWSOM for Idaho residents?

They seldomly ever get to the number 2 spot on the idaho waitlist. Usually they do get to the number 1 spot though. I am the number 10 spot, so pretty much screwed either way.

Hi everyone. Sorry UW did not work for most of you posting. Hopefully something comes through for you all.

I am an Idaho resident planning to apply to med school next year. I currently have no interest in primary care, and I am fairly sure I will want to specialize and possibly do an additional fellowship in that specialty (eg. epilepsy fellowship after a neurology residency for example). UW has a preference for people interested in primary care, so I am trying to determine whether I am just wasting my time applying to UW. I am interested in moving to Boise to practice after all of my training.

For those of you who applied, who was not interested in primary care and did you get an acceptance? I would also like to hear from those of you interested in primary care and if you got in.

Thanks,

move2west

i applied and was accepted and have similar interests as you (ie, not primary care, possibly doing fellowship, considering a move back to Boise when all my training is done cause I love the area/family close by).

in fact, in my interview, they asked me "where do u see yourself in 10 years" or something like that and in my response, I flat out said "I don't know what type of doctor I want to be." Also, a fourth year I talked to on interview day said he was applying for orthopedic surgery residencies, and said he got a lot of exposure to it in medschool, so I definitely got the impression that you can learn and get exposure to whatever type of medicine interests you at UW.

did anyone else make the idaho waitlist?

i applied and was accepted and have similar interests as you (ie, not primary care, possibly doing fellowship, considering a move back to Boise when all my training is done cause I love the area/family close by).

in fact, in my interview, they asked me "where do u see yourself in 10 years" or something like that and in my response, I flat out said "I don't know what type of doctor I want to be." Also, a fourth year I talked to on interview day said he was applying for orthopedic surgery residencies, and said he got a lot of exposure to it in medschool, so I definitely got the impression that you can learn and get exposure to whatever type of medicine interests you at UW.

Agreed. Primary care is not their only focus... if anything I thought they seemed disappointed that i wasn't more interested in research. I would just be honest about your goals. :luck:

Thank you to the two people that responded. Did you stress on your applications that you are more interested in specializing than primary care or that you really did not know? I will probably apply, regardless, but the school seems to discourage specializing in my interactions with them. I would like to do a clerkship and possibly specialize in this very new field, and the school showed little interest in accomidating my interest. I guess, as an Idaho resident I would be better going to Utah for this reason (since they have one of the best programs in the country for this particular specialty).

Thanks for your response,

move2west

Ok...its 3:42 my time (mountain) and I'm quickly losing hope....has anyone heard from the U of W today from the Idaho interviews last week? We are suppose to hear yes today, and if not a no by snail mail later....in other words, if I don't get that email today.........:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Has anyone received an email from UWSOM today, or are they yet to send them out?

Praying for the latter.....

I havent heard anything yet...I heard calls happen sat?? I'm not positive though!

Status
Not open for further replies.