Vacation Observations.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Such an odd place. I am greeted by a display of nonprentention. I mean, sure, the airport COULD call the place you micturate the "restroom", "lavatory", "powder room", "wash room", "latrine", "head", or some other much nicer euphamism. At least the sign didn't say "The ****ter."

CIMG0002.jpg

That probably isn't as funny to everyone else as it is to me for some reason.

So then I get on the rental car bus. I see this weird ass sign:

CIMG0005-1.jpg

I debated to myself for the entire trip to the rental car hut what the hell the thing in the middle was. Or what the hell the thing to the right was. Ok. No smoking. Got that. Is the last thing "no personal heaters" or perhaps "no 1960s visualization of future robots" or perhaps "no cars with ****ty cassette tape decks?"...hell if I know.

That middle one threw me for a loop, too. WTF...is that "no supersoakers" or perhaps "no Master Chiefs from Halo" or "no race cars from F-Zero circa SNES 1993?" The I got closer to it and realized that it was a hot dog in front of a cup that had two straws in it for some damned reason.

God damned ******ed ass airport people.

So then I get my rental car. I told them I wanted a 2010 Taurus. "We're out sir, sorry." And then I say, "Give me a true red blooded American car then. No damned Asian cars. I hate them." Dude looks up at me and says "ok, sir." Kinda like he had no idea wtf I was talking about.

So what do they give me? A ****ING HYUNDAI SONATA. **** you, dammit.

The thing cracks me up though. I forgot to get my own picture. But the steering wheel has all of the cruise control buttons on the right side. The left side had a giant piece of plastic with chrome plastic and strategic indentures to make it look like some sort of button panel. LMAO. Who the hell wastes money to put a fake button panel on a steering wheel? Here's a picture from the interweb:
5l8aw8.jpg

LMAO.

So it's only 11AM. I wonder off for a while until the hotel check in starts. I wind up at this ungodly, 'uppity-bitch" mall called "The Galleria" where things like this happen:

CIMG0006.jpg

You too can sit in this pretentious-ass furniture and watch gracefully at an arbitrary intersection right off of an exit ramp! WTF? There were actually people sitting there...just staring at traffic. :laugh:

So I go a but further and I go into Macy's. I swear to God I smell something. *sniff-sniff* WTF? Is that BBQ Ribs? The ENTIRE f'ing Macy's smells like a BBQ smokehouse. Following my nose, I come upon the source of the scent:
CIMG0007.jpg

I don't know if you can tell, but that's a fast food BBQ joint inside Macy's. The hell kind of Jungian duality of man type of **** is that? Your snobby ass women on one side buying lame ass expensive clothes...good ol' boys 20 feet away with a BBQ bib on munching on some ribs. Honestly...I like it.

Other than that, the entire mall was lame. I don't get my generation AT ALL. WTF is this **** with the style being "I'm going to look as dirty as humanly possible. I shall also dress like a homeless person that was alive when Nixon was president." Ok, ok, fine, we aren't creative enough to come up with our own style. Yes...ironic retro or whatever the **** it is. Great. Can we at least look clean? Jesus...everyone must have thought I was 35 because the printing on my shirt wasn't faded.

I find my hotel. Really a beautiful place. Nice, huge suite. I walk into my room. I see this:

CIMG0010.jpg

Yes. That my friends is a giant-ass fecal looking brown stain. Guh. The bathroom also had pubes all over the place. Holy hell.

Also of note, I'm starting to get this crazy horizontal vertigo ****. Keep in mind I am a hilljack. Hill. Jack. How the hell is this place so damned flat? If I go up to the third floor of a building, I'm pretty sure I can see the curvature of the Earth. That **** is weird as hell, making me nauseous, and is taking some time getting used to.

I'm about to go to a comedy club.....god damn this place is weird as hell. God damn Hyundai.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are big malls called the Galleria in Houston and St. Louis... but then again that is a very popular name for a mall. I doubt you are vacationing in St. Louis. Houston?? Still not a hot vacation spot...

There are big malls called the Galleria in Houston and St. Louis... but then again that is a very popular name for a mall. I doubt you are vacationing in St. Louis. Houston?? Still not a hot vacation spot...

Every city has a Galleria. Hell, Yinzer even has one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Other than that, the entire mall was lame. I don't get my generation AT ALL. WTF is this **** with the style being "I'm going to look as dirty as humanly possible. I shall also dress like a homeless person that was alive when Nixon was president." Ok, ok, fine, we aren't creative enough to come up with our own style. Yes...ironic retro or whatever the **** it is. Great. Can we at least look clean? Jesus...everyone must have thought I was 35 because the printing on my shirt wasn't faded.

Also of note, I'm starting to get this crazy horizontal vertigo ****. Keep in mind I am a hilljack. Hill. Jack. How the hell is this place so damned flat? If I go up to the third floor of a building, I'm pretty sure I can see the curvature of the Earth. That **** is weird as hell, making me nauseous, and is taking some time getting used to.

I'm about to go to a comedy club.....god damn this place is weird as hell. God damn Hyundai.
>
Ouch man..........just ouch.

You're in Dallas.

Point.
Set.
Match.

........well probably Texas anyway...........maybe.

I have never come across a Sonny Bryan's BBQ in the Houston Macy's. Must be Dallas.

welcome to dallas!! what's wrong with BBQ inside of macy's? it's decent bbq. if you think that mall is uppity, u should go to northpark mall or take a walk in uptown in west village. that's where most of the smu snobs hang out.

Why the hell do Asian women always flirt with me and/or eye rape me? More so than others. My wife would be pissed off if she cared.

All the latina women down here are hot.

I had some Sonny Bryan's. Wasn't too impressed. I mean, it was ok...any place better than that?

God damn Hyundai. Seriously. I'm driving a Hyundai. Jesus...I want to punch myself in the face.

welcome to dallas!! what's wrong with BBQ inside of macy's? it's decent bbq. if you think that mall is uppity, u should go to northpark mall or take a walk in uptown in west village. that's where most of the smu snobs hang out.

The snobbery gets worse than that? God help me. Where do the poor folk hang out? On the other hand, rich people are stupid and I find much more amusement out of them...

What's wrong with a hyundai? :confused:

Because it isn't an American car. Buy American, **** everyone else. Granted, the Sonata is at least assembled in Alabama...but I try tp only drive American assembled cars from American companies...why...because **** everyone else. If everybody bought Ford, which is just as reliable as the Japanese cars, instead of sending cash to Japan, we wouldn't even be in a damn recession. GM can **** off with their Mexican plants, too. Paying minuscule wages to hard workers...**** pisses me off. Ford Taurus baby...built in Chi-Town. Increasing American production. Helping the economy.

In fact, I blame the recession on all of the *******s that drive foreign cars. All of you suck.

Because it isn't an American car. Buy American, **** everyone else. Granted, the Sonata is at least assembled in Alabama...but I try tp only drive American assembled cars from American companies...why...because **** everyone else. If everybody bought Ford, which is just as reliable as the Japanese cars, instead of sending cash to Japan, we wouldn't even be in a damn recession. GM can **** off with their Mexican plants, too. Paying minuscule wages to hard workers...**** pisses me off. Ford Taurus baby...built in Chi-Town. Increasing American production. Helping the economy.

In fact, I blame the recession on all of the *******s that drive foreign cars. All of you suck.

If the jokers that ran the American car companies made cars the people would like, then we would buy them. They are starting to learn now.

I want power, handling, sleek style, luxury, and fuel economy all in one for less than $30K. I got that with my Volkswagen CC. All Hail German Engineering!

But yeah, you should have gone to Avis, they have the 2010 Camaro and Camaro SS available for rental. I rented the Camaro SS when I went to Detroit few months back.

Oh, and about that Macy's. I REALLLLLY hate Xmas. Those ****ers need to stop it with that ****. It September. I am promised at least 9 months of peace and freedom from the depression that the stupid ass holiday brings me. It ain't October yet. I damn near pulled the lights. But I figured if I did that, they wouldn't serve me the Pig Out Platter special I got...

Oh ok. Very patriotic. I really don't mind foreign cars. Toyotas are good IMO. I ****ing hate GM and anything associated with them. They suck. Fords are good especially the 2010 Taurus SHO, it is very nice.

If the jokers that ran the American car companies made cars the people would like, then we would buy them. They are starting to learn now.

****, Fords are better and have been. This piece of **** Sonata is pissing me off. It sounds like a god damn gocart.

I want power, handling, sleek style, luxury, and fuel economy all in one for less than $30K. I got that with my Volkswagen CC. All Hail German Engineering!

Then grow a Hitler stache, throw on some SS cufflinks, and move to Berlin, Nazi. We don't need your kind in my county. My wife is Jewish, you ****ing racist. And, yes, I will conveniently ignore the fact that Henry Ford was a Nazi sympathizer.

But yeah, you should have gone to Avis, they have the 2010 Camaro and Camaro SS available for rental. I rented the Camaro SS when I went to Detroit few months back.

The one I went to had Corvette Z06s...I ain't paying $2500 to rent one...

I will never own anything but Mustangs.

As I get older, the Mustangs just get more expensive, from my first 1968 coupe w/ a 200 in^3 inline 6 to my current 2008 GT/CS. I don't know what I'll do after I finish with a Super Snake...

Fords have always been excellent when/if properly maintained, and the 3V V8 in mine is holding up to the Roushcharger @ 34k miles with nary a wimper. That much boost on a Hyundai piece of junk engine would be funny as hell.

Then grow a Hitler stache, throw on some SS cufflinks, and move to Berlin, Nazi. We don't need your kind in my county. My wife is Jewish, you ****ing racist. And, yes, I will conveniently ignore the fact that Henry Ford was a Nazi sympathizer.

#1 - I'm not in your county. :smuggrin:
#2 - Thinking about moving to Germany, no speed limit FTW.

#1 - I'm not in your county. :smuggrin:
#2 - Thinking about moving to Germany, no speed limit FTW.

I thought this too, until I realized that on Autobahn, people drive their Yugos in the "fast lane" and end up blocking all lanes of traffic @ 100-115 kmh and ruin the "no speed limit woot!" stuff.

It sounds good in theory, especially on our large, mostly awesome freeways (like I-5 with no speed limit, hell yes!) but it just didn't work out as I thought it would in pretty much everywhere I drove in Germany. Contrary to popular belief, there are stupid Germans, just like there are stupid Americans, who think that "use prudent judgment in speed" means they can chill at 90 kmh.

Outside views reminded me of Miami. Certainly not anywhere in England. No Macys here.
The toilet sign however, is standard in UK. The Bus signs were more confusing but meant to represent ghetto blasters and perhaps computers.

I resisted buying a jap car for 40 years, always a Ford, but wanted car with a/c and sun roof and only available in Uk on a Mazda 626. Did 135k and never had to put in any oil between services. Then had a Mazda 3 and now downsized to Mazda 2.
johnep

Are you in Dallas? Let me know if there is anything cool there, I will be there oct 2 for vacation. Not because I want to visit Texas, my friend moved there.

Last edited:
Are you in Dallas? Let me know if there is anything cool there, I will be there oct 2 for vacation. Not because I want to visit Texas, my friend moved there.

dallas is known to have quite a few exotic dance clubs. :laugh:

the new cowboys stadium is impressive, but the acoustics suck.

The snobbery gets worse than that? God help me. Where do the poor folk hang out? On the other hand, rich people are stupid and I find much more amusement out of them...

Valley View mall just a few blocks away from the galleria is where the poor folk hang out. there's octoberfest in addison just a few miles north of you goin on this weekend (i have no idea why they have octoberfest in sept).

On the other hand, rich people are stupid and I find much more amusement out of them...
I used to work in a Shoppers Drug Mart in a part of Toronto that served the rich and powerful. One of the reasons I now work in a jail with drug addicts is I find homeless people with drug abuse problems and mental health issues to be better behaved than rich people. Seriously.

On the highway, Hyundais feel like they're going to rattle their parts all over the road. Few years ago, somebody stuffed their Hyundai into the back of my Ford. I had $1000 damage to the bumper; ie, no big deal. But the Hyundai was totalled.

I found a diner. Norma's Cafe. Joint is a straight dive. Z told me they didn't have any diners. Damned liar. WTF is up with nobody ever giving me a straw at an eatery round these parts?

I found a diner. Norma's Cafe. Joint is a straight dive. Z told me they didn't have any diners. Damned liar. WTF is up with nobody ever giving me a straw at an eatery round these parts?

I thought hill folk didn't use/need straws, I thought that you'd just be used to slurping right out of the watering hole:thumbup:

BTW, no one unites the members of the SDN pharmacy forum like WVU (and of course Z) this thread already has like a bajillion responses

What the hell is there to do in Dallas?

What the hell is there to do in Dallas?

Not much. I went there for this religious conference once, made the mistake of not renting a car, and thus I was assed out when it came to going out at night. A lot of hot religious girls there.

Thus, when the event happened again this year, but in Dearborn, Michigan. I rented the Camaro SS. Awesomeness.

I went to this giant ass swap meet called "Traders Village" today. **** was like walking into the city haggle fests of Mexico City. Dudes were running after me trying to sell me bootleg copies of movies and all. In fact, I've never seen as many copyright violations within a 1/4 mile radius in my life. Actually, the fake Nikes they were selling were better looking than the real ones they try to sell nowadays. (Speaking of which, when did shoes become so damn ugly?)

The joint was crazy though. You'd see 13 year old walking around drinking from beer cans with nobody even batting an eyelid. That's ****ed up even by my bargain basement standards.

I'm pretty sure I was the only white dude there. Which is fine with me, because I'm getting sick of all of these damned uppity white people. I'm also pretty sure I got dysentery from consuming something that was sold in a food hut there.

Quiet possibly the finest and most comprehensive junk sale I've ever seen. I was in an odd sort of awe. Anyone from the DFW area needs to experience it once.

Last edited:
The thing cracks me up though. I forgot to get my own picture. But the steering wheel has all of the cruise control buttons on the right side. The left side had a giant piece of plastic with chrome plastic and strategic indentures to make it look like some sort of button panel. LMAO. Who the hell wastes money to put a fake button panel on a steering wheel? Here's a picture from the interweb:
5l8aw8.jpg

LMAO.

the fake buttons are often used on many vehicles to take the place of an option on an upgraded model... stereo volume control, etc.. they make a generic steering wheel, dash panel, etc., to fit multiple models for mfg purposes.

Dallas is a weird town. There isn't a downtown. Thankfully the hipster douchebags are all kept sequestered in the area around SMU.

It took me 3 hours to go from one end of the area to the other and back. Nutso land area...

I also defeated probability at the Science Center.

Also, this new episode of House is wonderful.

is the wife with you? what does she think?

article said:
After years of struggling to prove to consumers than it was more than a second-tier brand, Hyundai Motor America and its affiliate, Kia Motor America, accounted for 8 percent of the new-vehicle market in the United States in August, more than Chrysler’s 7.4 percent. The company sold more than 60,000 vehicles last month as buyers rushed to take advantage of the government’s cash-for-clunkers program before its end.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/22/business/global/22hyundai.html?_r=1&hp

is the wife with you? what does she think?

Yes...I don't think she isn't impressed with the town, though she says its "livable"...and she hates the heat. When someone told her that 88 degrees is "cool" she looked like she was about to cry.

As long as I have an airport that can get me to Morgantown in <8 hours and a Dave & Buster's, I'll be cool...