Vacation Observations.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Valley View mall just a few blocks away from the galleria is where the poor folk hang out. there's octoberfest in addison just a few miles north of you goin on this weekend (i have no idea why they have octoberfest in sept).

Yep. If you want to get your car stolen, mugged or in a fight then go to Valley View mall. I did not know and took my wife and kid there one weekend because the Disney store was going out of business. Funny thing is I felt more at home there than I do in the Galleria.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes...I don't think she isn't impressed with the town, though she says its "livable"...and she hates the heat. When someone told her that 88 degrees is "cool" she looked like she was about to cry.

As long as I have an airport that can get me to Morgantown in <8 hours and a Dave & Buster's, I'll be cool...

So you interviewing for a job down here? I do not know if Dallas is ready for Mikey from WV.

Yes...I don't think she isn't impressed with the town, though she says its "livable"...and she hates the heat. When someone told her that 88 degrees is "cool" she looked like she was about to cry.

As long as I have an airport that can get me to Morgantown in <8 hours and a Dave & Buster's, I'll be cool...

Yeah, I didn't like it either when I went, just because there wasn't much to do. The weather is alright IMO, it's not humid so the heat is tolerable, and it does cool down during the winter, I heard it snows over there sometimes.

But if I was gonna move to Texas, I would choose Austin.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I didn't like it either when I went, just because there wasn't much to do. The weather is alright IMO, it's not humid so the heat is tolerable, and it does cool down during the winter, I heard it snows over there sometimes.

But if I was gonna move to Texas, I would choose Austin.

Without a doubt. The difference is that there are actually jobs in Dallas.

Kinda...the problem is that the UT grads use their connections to snap them all up right quick.

I see. I'm gonna have to ask my ex-girlfriend's sister about this. She graduated from LIU and easily found a job when she moved to Austin, but ended up back in NY anyway for a residency.

At the Science Museum, I defeated probability. There is this exhibit that is great for the ADD patient. It sucks up ping pong balls and drops them Plinko style into bins waiting below. The entire point is that because so many balls are being dropped, that a bell curve will form 99.9% of the time or some ****. HA.

CIMG0020.jpg

**** you, probability.

Later on in the museum, they have this little video game thing where you control a dude on a magic carpet along a race track...I really didn't get the point...or the educational value...but they were stupid enough to leave a keyboard with the Windows key on it. I left my mark.

CIMG0028.jpg

For those that want to further deface the thing, it's the one on the right...under the accessories folder in the start menu...

I went to some random mall in Plano. Waaaay better than that pretentious ass Galleria bull****. They even had a goofy golf course with black lights. The only problem is that the clubs were like 2 feet long. My stance involved standing off of the course and doing a quasi-split thing.

CIMG0015.jpg

I need to petition Dave & Buster's to put this on their doors.

CIMG0013.jpg

As found in Norma's Cafe in Addison.

The wifey is sick this morning. :( So I went and got Taco Bueno 'cause its down the street from my hotel. Way better than Taco Bell.

It's "only" 65 degrees. There are people walking around with jackets and hoodies on. :laugh: People in Texas are *******.

There's an Aldi's convention going on in my hotel. I got on an elevator with one of the attendees that had a plastic bag with "Aldi" written on it. I looked at the bag, looked at her, and I sez to her, "Did they make you pay 10 cents for that bag?" As soon as I finished the sentence, the little sound dinged for my floor, the door opened, and I walked off...I hear her busting up laughing behind me. I need a drummer with a snare and a highhat to follow me around...

Last edited:
At the Science Museum, I defeated probability. There is this exhibit that is great for the ADD patient. It sucks up ping pong balls and drops them Plinko style into bins waiting below. The entire point is that because so many balls are being dropped, that a bell curve will form 99.9% of the time or some ****. HA.

CIMG0020.jpg

**** you, probability.

Later on in the museum, they have this little video game thing where you control a dude on a magic carpet along a race track...I really didn't get the point...or the educational value...but they were stupid enough to leave a keyboard with the Windows key on it. I left my mark.

CIMG0028.jpg

For those that want to further deface the thing, it's the one on the right...under the accessories folder in the start menu...

I went to some random mall in Plano. Waaaay better than that pretentious ass Galleria bull****. They even had a goofy golf course with black lights. The only problem is that the clubs were like 2 feet long. My stance involved standing off of the course and doing a quasi-split thing.

CIMG0015.jpg

I need to petition Dave & Buster's to put this on their doors.

CIMG0013.jpg

As found in Norma's Cafe in Addison.

The wifey is sick this morning. :( So I went and got Taco Bueno 'cause its down the street from my hotel. Way better than Taco Bell.

It's "only" 65 degrees. There are people walking around with jackets and hoodies on. :laugh: People in Texas are *******.

There's an Aldi's convention going on in my hotel. I got on an elevator with one of the attendees that had a plastic bag with "Aldi" written on it. I looked at the bag, looked at her, and I sez to her, "Did they make you pay 10 cents for that bag?" As soon as I finished the sentence, the little sound dinged for my floor, the door opened, and I walked off...I hear her busting up laughing behind me. I need a drummer with a snare and a highhat to follow me around...

Hell it is cold outside to me too...right now it's about 67 degrees. :p

Hell it is cold outside to me too...right now it's about 67 degrees. :p

Ya'll are weird, it's 72 degrees here and I think it's hot. I drive around with the windows open without any facial covering at 4 degrees Fahrenheit. You have no idea how refreshing that is. Hitting 90 mph and having that cold air slam into your face.

Ya'll are weird, it's 72 degrees here and I think it's hot. I drive around with the windows open without any facial covering at 4 degrees Fahrenheit. You have no idea how refreshing that is. Hitting 90 mph and having that cold air slam into your face.

Exactly. Where i moved to for pharmacy school , it hits the mid 90s every day during the summer (sucks) , and then to top it all off, we dont even get colder than mid 40s in the winter. I am going to miss the crisp winter air, hell i wont ever need to wear a coat!! When im done with P school, my destination will be a place with summer highs no higher than the 70s. Im thinkin lake superior maybe. I would never survive in texas.

With temperatures that high, you practically cant do anything outside all summer. In the winter you can always put on more clothes. In the upper midwest, you can do things outdoors almost all year round (granted even I stay inside in temperatures under 0 degrees F), but in the southwest, you practically gotta stay inside during summer afternoons.

Last edited:

Yes; 72F is beach weather.

Before we get too smug, though, we northerners tend to abuse air conditioning. It was between 70 and 75F today, and half my neighbours had the air on.

Members don't see this ad :)

Before we get too smug, though, we northerners tend to abuse air conditioning. It was between 70 and 75F today, and half my neighbours had the air on.

Yeah, I keep the air conditioning on until 65 degrees, and even after that I keep the fan on. My room is generally always at 55 degrees. One time I set a hotel AC to 48 degrees.

where in Canada are you at?

I would cry too... for me, 74 is cool.

and... people in texas will have to deal with exotic diseases when they get transmitted due to mosquitos living for a longer period of time due to warmer weather......

and... people in texas will have to deal with exotic diseases when they get transmitted due to mosquitos living for a longer period of time due to warmer weather......

but we won't get whacked by the mafia

I know a pharmacist here that used to own his own pharmacy in NYC (don't know where specifically) and he knew it was time to get out when he had to shove a dead body off his hood before he drove home :laugh:

but seriously, Dallas (well, the metroplex as a whole) has a lot of variety, I don't live there, but you can find things to do. There are lakes near by, concerts, pro and college sports to watch, and Ikea! You just need to befriend some normal people, if possible, and have them show you around.

"

The people here are ******ed. I was going toward this outlet mall during rush hour. Right next to the highway, there is this other little road that runs alongside it. So as everyone else is in traffic, I get off the freeway and pass like 5000 cars on this side road. **** don't make sense.

WV>Texas

im surprised that a lynch mob isn't coming after you for that lol

I love cold air. Now I'm here in Buffalo and it's still too effing hot. 80 degrees is torture for me. Even when I was in great shape, I would sweat in that weather just standing in the shade.

...but come to think of it, round is a shape, right? **** pharmacy, I'm taking lumberjacking as a major and moving to the Yukon, like my man Yukon Cornelius. Who else could lick a pickaxe in the north pole and not give a ****?

foeget about it, lumberjacking school is way too expensive, and places like the pacific northwest are already oversaturated, and i heard they plan on opening up another 5 schools there by 2011...

See the difference is this past summer was hot as hell. We had about 60+ days with over 100 degrees so compared to a 67 degree temp, especially when they were forecasting 84, it is pretty chilly. Our winters are pretty mild here too. Average is about 59-61 degrees in Dec-Jan. However, there have been times when the highest temp for the day was not above 30 degrees but that is not the norm.

Exactly. Where i moved to for pharmacy school , it hits the mid 90s every day during the summer (sucks) , and then to top it all off, we dont even get colder than mid 40s in the winter. I am going to miss the crisp winter air, hell i wont ever need to wear a coat!! When im done with P school, my destination will be a place with summer highs no higher than the 70s. Im thinkin lake superior maybe. I would never survive in texas.

With temperatures that high, you practically cant do anything outside all summer. In the winter you can always put on more clothes. In the upper midwest, you can do things outdoors almost all year round (granted even I stay inside in temperatures under 0 degrees F), but in the southwest, you practically gotta stay inside during summer afternoons.

In the summer just wear less clothes. :p

The people here are ******ed. I was going toward this outlet mall during rush hour. Right next to the highway, there is this other little road that runs alongside it. So as everyone else is in traffic, I get off the freeway and pass like 5000 cars on this side road. **** don't make sense.

You mean the access road? If so, that is typically not used as a substitute for the freeway especially since they tend to have a lot of stoplights. I guess that is the mindset us Texans have. I am surprised more states do not have access roads.

The cops love the access roads. Go 1 mph over the speed limit and you are busted. I ride my motorcycle and pass 5000 cars on the shoulder at 60 mph.
Traffic is something else here.

My all important review of the Dave and Busters

I'm sorry to say it...but the Dave and Buster's down here suck. The majority of them only have 4 person trivia...one has 6 person trivia...Yinzer, Toronto, Sixth City, one of the ones in Philly, and I think even B-More has 8 person trivia. Why the hell even have 4-person trivia? Some help from people...do the ones in other places only have 4 or 6 person trivia? Some help from my peeps in California/Midwest/wherever?

The basketball game also only gives you 30 seconds per round. No chance for 15 second bonus...as opposed to the 45 seconds + 15 second bonus everywhere else. I saw the score needed to get the jackpot as a minuscule 60 and chuckled...****, only give me 30 seconds and its a challenge.

They were all out of prizes, too. How the holy hell do they run out of Hoodies in Dallas at the end of Summer?

While there is something to be said about having 4 D&Bs...none of them are great. And I'd rather have one great D&B than 4 subpar D&Bs.

My all important review of the Dave and Busters

I'm sorry to say it...but the Dave and Buster's down here suck. The majority of them only have 4 person trivia...one has 6 person trivia...Yinzer, Toronto, Sixth City, one of the ones in Philly, and I think even B-More has 8 person trivia. Why the hell even have 4-person trivia? Some help from people...do the ones in other places only have 4 or 6 person trivia? Some help from my peeps in California/Midwest/wherever?

The basketball game also only gives you 30 seconds per round. No chance for 15 second bonus...as opposed to the 45 seconds + 15 second bonus everywhere else. I saw the score needed to get the jackpot as a minuscule 60 and chuckled...****, only give me 30 seconds and its a challenge.

They were all out of prizes, too. How the holy hell do they run out of Hoodies in Dallas at the end of Summer?

While there is something to be said about having 4 D&Bs...none of them are great. And I'd rather have one great D&B than 4 subpar D&Bs.

With all your talk of Dave and Busters I may have to check one out. I think there is one at Stonebriar Mall in Frisco. Did you go to that one? Do they have good food?

With all your talk of Dave and Busters I may have to check one out. I think there is one at Stonebriar Mall in Frisco. Did you go to that one? Do they have good food?

I think that was the one with the 6-person trivia. The best one in the area...which aint saying much. Also, you need to view D&B from the viewpoint of a dude with ADD off his meds. Mmmmspinningobjectsblinkinglights....

The six person trivia game completely owns, but it's amazing just how dumb your friends can be.

Stuff like not knowing who was president when the civil war started, or who we fought in World War II. Yeah.

D&B is awesome, I love that trivia game, every time I play, I get the top score. But, I try to stay away from the other games. Think about it, you pay $20, you win some tickets, which are only good for prizes that are only worth like $2.

I'd rather go there and hit on some chicks.

The six person trivia game completely owns, but it's amazing just how dumb your friends can be.

Stuff like not knowing who was president when the civil war started, or who we fought in World War II. Yeah.

So your's only has 6, too? You haven't lived umtil you get 320 bonus tickets for destroying 7 people at trivia.

D&B is awesome, I love that trivia game, every time I play, I get the top score. But, I try to stay away from the other games. Think about it, you pay $20, you win some tickets, which are only good for prizes that are only worth like $2.

I'd rather go there and hit on some chicks.

I got a Playstation 3. And a wardrobe of T-shirts and hoodies. And a DVD recorder.

:eek:

Do you play the games that depend a lot on chance? See, they should give tickets for non-luck games such as Time Crisis, Silent Scope, Guitar Hero.

They aren't luck. I'm talking about the ones that require timing. The coin droppers can be gamed if you know how to read them, too.

Another vacation. Another damned japanese piece of ****. You're done, hertz. Done! I'm going alamo next time.

I'm rolling around in a nissan altima. I swear to god, I floor this thing and chevy cobalts are passing me.

its like 55 degrees. The natives are walking around like its the siberian winter. Ha ha ha.

I found a $70 long sleeve philly union shirt for $10. Incredibly exciting. I haven't posted much recently. For which I apologize. But i've recently decided to become a soccer hooligan for the local mls team. I don't really like the game. Other than "put ball in goal", I'm yet to grasp the rules. But eff it...it gives me an opportunity to be exceedingly obnoxious in public...which is the most important aspect of sports spectatorship. Speaking of which, I was able to make a 12 year old pitt fan cry last friday...which made me incredibly happy. If I made some poor yinzer kid give up on pitt at a young age, I will have saved at least one person from a life of misery.

I went inside of a giant golfball. Wtf is that all about? Whoever the **** designed all the **** in this town was on crack. I used to resent all the kids that got to see all this **** when I was young and my family vacation was going to pittsburgh for the day or some crap....**** that, I pity all of you ****s now. You spent a whole damn week waiting in line for stupid bull**** when you could have been home playing super nintendo.

anyway, this place sucks. The people can't drive, the food tastes like ass, and they dole out nissan altimas. Ima go watch wvu play thursday and gtfo.

Let's play "Where is Mike?" some more.

2ut3var.jpg

Picture from my condo in downtown _________.
You need a better camera! :p

Edited to add: Or maybe I need less beer?!... and some clothes...

Last edited:
I know!

Reactions: 1 user
I wanna play, but the photo disappeared =(

I am from the podiatry board but I happen to saw this out of curiosity and I have got to say this has to be one of the funniest threads ever. hyundai. siberian winter in texas. lmao

did you ever go to California for a vacation? if you think Texas is funny (which I'm guessing you went to) then California is an entire league of its own in terms of weirdness (I am longtime CA resident)

good stuff

I am from the podiatry board but I happen to saw this out of curiosity and I have got to say this has to be one of the funniest threads ever. hyundai. siberian winter in texas. lmao

did you ever go to California for a vacation? if you think Texas is funny (which I'm guessing you went to) then California is an entire league of its own in terms of weirdness (I am longtime CA resident)

good stuff

He's coming from West Virginia. He practically needs a passport to enter the Republic of California, we'd probably quarantine him for a week, too. :shrug:

Reactions: 1 users