Vanderbilt MS Program in the Biomedical Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

perfectprism

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I am so curious. I've seen almost nothing about this program, but it's new so I kind of get it.

Has anyone applied? Been accepted? Considering attending?

Members don't see this ad.

Looking at their website, it seems a bit vague. They don't offer any sort of linkages or agreements for any interview at TN schools. Maybe down the road (3-5 years,) they can provide more information. But seeing as how the first inaugural class starts this coming fall, I would spend my money elsewhere if you had to do an SMP or post-bacc. That isn't to say it won't help you get in somewhere, but there are so many other cheaper programs that are more established.

Currently, if you want to go because of the rigor Vandy has, it could help you out as a TN resident to get into UTHSC, ETSU, or the DO schools in-state.

Reactions: 1 user
Looking at their website, it seems a bit vague. They don't offer any sort of linkages or agreements for any interview at TN schools. Maybe down the road (3-5 years,) they can provide more information. But seeing as how the first inaugural class starts this coming fall, I would spend my money elsewhere if you had to do an SMP or post-bacc. That isn't to say it won't help you get in somewhere, but there are so many other cheaper programs that are more established.

Currently, if you want to go because of the rigor Vandy has, it could help you out as a TN resident to get into UTHSC, ETSU, or the DO schools in-state.

Thanks for the advice! I have quite a few SMP options to choose from so I'm still deciding what's best

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been accepted to Vandys BMS program. Also been accepted to BU MAMS. Very torn between the two. I have called med schools and they said the fact that Vandy is a first year program doesnt bother them at all. They urged me to go where I felt most comfortable. Personally, Nashville>Boston. However, the structure of BU is leaning me that way. Im incredibly torn. Have you applied? Been accepted?

I have been accepted to Vandys BMS program. Also been accepted to BU MAMS. Very torn between the two. I have called med schools and they said the fact that Vandy is a first year program doesnt bother them at all. They urged me to go where I felt most comfortable. Personally, Nashville>Boston. However, the structure of BU is leaning me that way. Im incredibly torn. Have you applied? Been accepted?

Congrats! Yes, I've been accepted!
I'm also torn between Vandy's program and another program closer to home for me. I do like the Nashville location more, and although it's not everything, location is important to me.
I'm glad you mentioned that bit about adcoms opinions on a new vs. established program. That's encouraging because I'm leaning towards Vandy. Structure is very important though which is kind of the only major downfall. From my conversation with the director, I feel it's possible that some initiatives may be implemented along the way to add more structure and resources

Congrats! Yes, I've been accepted!
I'm also torn between Vandy's program and another program closer to home for me. I do like the Nashville location more, and although it's not everything, location is important to me.
I'm glad you mentioned that bit about adcoms opinions on a new vs. established program. That's encouraging because I'm leaning towards Vandy. Structure is very important though which is kind of the only major downfall. From my conversation with the director, I feel it's possible that some initiatives may be implemented along the way to add more structure and resources

Congrats! What other program are you looking at if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks! I'm mostly considering Wayne State's BMS program and somewhat Case Western's MSMP program

Im also looking at those haha. Where are you from? PM me if youd like

Yeah, just tried again and it said you dont allow messages

omg how am i just now finding out about it??? did i miss the deadline to apply already :(

Afraid so . The deadline was June 15.
oh well lol but good luck in the program if you decide to do it! I'm from TN so the Vandy area is nearby and I love it. And even if it's the first year for this program I still think the rigor and prestige will be there to benefit you!

oh well lol but good luck in the program if you decide to do it! I'm from TN so the Vandy area is nearby and I love it. And even if it's the first year for this program I still think the rigor and prestige will be there to benefit you!

Aw I appreciate that, thank you!

Did any of you end up going here? Curious as to the outcome!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! Have you found the program helpful? What was the MCAT prep like and did the overall program boost your application?

Can anyone give insight into the program? How long did it take to get an acceptance and how rigorous is the program? How helpful is the MCAT prep courses and advising?

Reactions: 1 users