VCOM Class of 2011!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wow...120 miles one way...that is some serious dedication. i am sure you already know this, but if you attend VCOM you could spend your entire third year in roanoke on your clinincals and be even closer to the church if you chose to do so.

well good luck to you. i am sure whatever decision you make will be the right one. i think VCOM is building a solid program and the match results for the first graduating class are good. will only get better w/better board scores, etc.

and this is why i am considering VCOM highly. VCOM is becoming better by the minute. See u all in the fall

Members don't see this ad.

Hey is anybody out there. Please say something, I feel like I am the only one here. Anybody from the waitlist, anything going on?

Hey, I was reading through last years class of 2010 thread and it looks like the waitlist started to move on May 10 as a few people were accepted off the list. Hopefully everyone will start hearing some news in the next 2 weeks! Best of luck and hopefully we'll see you this fall...:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey is anybody out there. Please say something, I feel like I am the only one here. Anybody from the waitlist, anything going on?

Dont worry, the Lord will hep you. I will pray for you. You will get in :)

Thank you so much! I know that God has not brought me this far to leave me hanging. What I do and will do will be for him:)
Dont worry, the Lord will hep you. I will pray for you. You will get in :)

Townhome for rent! 3 bedroom, 2 bath Townhouse for rent in the community of Oak Tree in Christiansburg VA. This is a quiet location which is very conducive to studying, and located only 7 minutes from the VCOM campus. Fully equipped kitchen with new appliances, vaulted ceilings, storage space, jacuzzi, washer, dryer, spacious closets, and outdoor deck with a grill, table, umbrella, 4 chairs. Home also has gas heat, central air, central vacuum system, and all appliances. All outside maintenance is taken care of by community association. Rent is $410/month per room plus utilities, which average about $50 per person. One month rent security deposit due at lease signing. Available August 5th yet date is negotiable. Please contact Sarah at [email protected] or call 410-544-6182. To see pictures of the house please go to the following Webshots Photo Album: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558618715Mtssgj Thank you for looking!

The rankings are complete, so lets MOVE:banana:

The rankings are complete, so lets MOVE:banana:

did they tell you what rank are you on the list? Top one third? Some schools tell you what number in line u r. Lets hope you are in the top :) because honestly, in the group on facebook, I know 5 people were going to VCOM, but got pulled of the waitlist at their primary choice and are not going to attend. There you go, 5 spots opened up. Hope the best for you. I am praying for ya.

Thanks for the info and your prayers! They sent an email telling me that I was ranked #1:thumbup: , so now just waitling for the call. Stay on your knees, I know I'm on mine. It's working:hardy:

Thanks for the info and your prayers! They sent an email telling me that I was ranked #1:thumbup: , so now just waitling for the call. Stay on your knees, I know I'm on mine. It's working:hardy:

Ohh wow..you must be really happy to be #1 on the list..see all good things come to those who wait..

Your chances are really high to get pulled off the list..nice..glad that someone who really wants to go to VCOM will get in...:thumbup:

awesome!!! I am happy for ya. You should start looking at housing, if you havent started yet, because all that paperwork(application, getting approved, sending of contract, notarizing and signing, sending it back, setting up phone lines and other amenties) will take a good 2-3 weeks. Mine did.

Start looking before all the good apartments are gone.

Praise the Lord :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Ohh wow..you must be really happy to be #1 on the list..see all good things come to those who wait..

Your chances are really high to get pulled off the list..nice..glad that someone who really wants to go to VCOM will get in...:thumbup:

Thank you so much I am very excited and hope to get the call sometime soon. :D

awesome!!! I am happy for ya. You should start looking at housing, if you havent started yet, because all that paperwork(application, getting approved, sending of contract, notarizing and signing, sending it back, setting up phone lines and other amenties) will take a good 2-3 weeks. Mine did.

Start looking before all the good apartments are gone.

Praise the Lord :)

Thanks for the advice. I am very excited and hope that I get the call, because until then it is not for sure. Keep the list moving :banana: :banana:

so did they tell you when they r gonna pull off people from the waitlist?

did u guys get the Cost of Attendance email. Man, their digits are scaring me, haha. Hopefully, I wont use all that money. I will keep my budget around 43K instead of the suggested 56K.

oh well, we are all in the same boat, we are going to be sinking in debts.

did u guys get the Cost of Attendance email. Man, their digits are scaring me, haha. Hopefully, I wont use all that money. I will keep my budget around 43K instead of the suggested 56K.

oh well, we are all in the same boat, we are going to be sinking in debts.

Got the same e-mail..just waiting to get my award letter and switch some things around..yep, we all are in the same boat.

I got the email wowwww here goes the fun times. Next week award letter! :D

No:confused: Hopefully it will be soon. I don't know if they will call or email. I have so much going on right now that I just want to get this resolved and get on with things. I feel like come on already, I have been waiting for ever ( or so it seems) Did they call you or email? Oh and about the $$$ pretty scary huh. Oh well what cha gonna do:laugh:
so did they tell you when they r gonna pull off people from the waitlist?

what do you mean by "Did they call or email"?

I am sure if you get pulled off the waitlist, you will get a call from Megan saying congratulations, you are officially a student of VCOM Class of 2011.

Dont worry, you should hear something soon :)

No:confused: Hopefully it will be soon. I don't know if they will call or email. I have so much going on right now that I just want to get this resolved and get on with things. I feel like come on already, I have been waiting for ever ( or so it seems) Did they call you or email? Oh and about the $$$ pretty scary huh. Oh well what cha gonna do:laugh:

I meant will they call with the acceptance or email me. I just wanted to thank you for all your encouragement, I needed it more than I can tell you.:) Hopefully my phone will ring today and it will be someone other than my mom:D
what do you mean by "Did they call or email"?

I am sure if you get pulled off the waitlist, you will get a call from Megan saying congratulations, you are officially a student of VCOM Class of 2011.

Dont worry, you should hear something soon :)

Still no news:confused: Was wondering if you had read anything else on facebook?
did they tell you what rank are you on the list? Top one third? Some schools tell you what number in line u r. Lets hope you are in the top :) because honestly, in the group on facebook, I know 5 people were going to VCOM, but got pulled of the waitlist at their primary choice and are not going to attend. There you go, 5 spots opened up. Hope the best for you. I am praying for ya.

Haven't heard anything yet..stay positive..and good luck:luck:

Thanks for the encouragement! When!!!!I get the call I will let everyone know LOUD AND CLEAR:lol:

:wow: WOW I finally got off the waitlist. I love this feeling... :biglove: and cannot wait until next year, it has made everything worth it. Now I am going to try to get some work done so I can party.... :banana: :banana: :banana:

Congratulations! AND... I'm really happy to hear that the list has finally started moving. HOORAY all around!

:wow: WOW I finally got off the waitlist. I love this feeling... :biglove: and cannot wait until next year, it has made everything worth it. Now I am going to try to get some work done so I can party.... :banana: :banana: :banana:

Congrats! I am jealous. I was told the main reason I did not make the top 10 was because I was not from Virginia or surrounding states. I am still waiting. Hope to see you there!

I love it when all of our prayers are answered. I told you that u will get in. Now where is my gift?????? haha. Congrats. I will see u in August. :)

:welcome: Congratulations on your acceptance to VCOM!!! I knew it would happen soon enough, It was bound-to-happen :D It's time to pop a bottle of "bubbly" before I head overseas!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

We are going to be doctors! Now thats a gift, and oh we can have lunch next year (on me of course) Thanks for all your support. We are going to have a great class:)
I love it when all of our prayers are answered. I told you that u will get in. Now where is my gift?????? haha. Congrats. I will see u in August. :)

We are going to be doctors! Now thats a gift, and oh we can have lunch next year (on me of course) Thanks for all your support. We are going to have a great class:)

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:clap: I was rooting for you the whole time..you were soo gung ho about VCOM..I bet you will be a great classmate..

so, there is this great Thai place I found for lunch or Red Robbin, wait..I saw Coldstone somewhere too..hehe..excited about my free lunch..heh.ehehehe:laugh:

Congrats hun!!

Hopefully, you guys can see this... I met this man at a party. He's a true Hookie!

Attachments

• th_DSC01694.jpe
    th_DSC01694.jpe
    4.9 KB · Views: 181
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:clap: I was rooting for you the whole time..you were soo gung ho about VCOM..I bet you will be a great classmate..

so, there is this great Thai place I found for lunch or Red Robbin, wait..I saw Coldstone somewhere too..hehe..excited about my free lunch..heh.ehehehe:laugh:

Congrats hun!!

where was the great thai place? i love thai food. are other ethnic food in or around blacksburg? i know there are some pretty cool sounding places over in roanoke. i just wish august would hurry and get here.

PEOPLE!!!! JOIN FACEBOOK>>>> haha, i think i spend a huge amount of time on Facebook, primarily b/c i am gonna die of boredom soon.

Anyway, anyone living in TerraceView?? I am curious of who my neighbors will be??????????

where was the great thai place? i love thai food. are other ethnic food in or around blacksburg? i know there are some pretty cool sounding places over in roanoke. i just wish august would hurry and get here.

I can't tell you where the great ethnic resteraunts are..because you owe me lunch first..:laugh: mwhahahahahah. No, there is suprisingly a vast amount of resteraunts in downtown Blacksburg..if there is a good resteraunt I will find it..I love to eat:love:

I can't tell you where the great ethnic resteraunts are..because you owe me lunch first..:laugh: mwhahahahahah. No, there is suprisingly a vast amount of resteraunts in downtown Blacksburg..if there is a good resteraunt I will find it..I love to eat:love:

The Thai place on Jackson St just opened a few months back; there's also India Garden, a Mongolian BBQ, More than Coffee (Lebanese), Boudreaux's (cajun), and a few good Italian restaurants (Zepolli's and Vincent's). There's probably a few more that I can't remember right now, but that should get you started.

The Thai place on Jackson St just opened a few months back; there's also India Garden, a Mongolian BBQ, More than Coffee (Lebanese), Boudreaux's (cajun), and a few good Italian restaurants (Zepolli's and Vincent's). There's probably a few more that I can't remember right now, but that should get you started.

Umm thanks:rolleyes: Now you just ruined my free lunch..:( ..There are alot of places to eat though..:thumbup:

Now I am hungry....yummmmm... I looooooove food, so there will be alot of restaurant visits. haha. thanks for the list!!!

award letters are starting to roll in. I got mines yesterday (monday). I'm sure everyone got the email that they were mailed out last friday. Hopefully I get a scholarship or something b/c thats a LOT of money......well as expected :eek:

award letters are starting to roll in. I got mines yesterday (monday). I'm sure everyone got the email that they were mailed out last friday. Hopefully I get a scholarship or something b/c thats a LOT of money......well as expected :eek:

I didn't get the e-mail about letters coming out last Friday..I got one saying they were changing lenders though..:eek: Uhh ohh..Glad people are starting to get them.

Did you get the e-mail about the powerpoint slide?

I didn't get the e-mail about letters coming out last Friday..I got one saying they were changing lenders though..:eek: Uhh ohh..Glad people are starting to get them.

Did you get the e-mail about the powerpoint slide?

I got the email about the powerpoint. I'm excited. I think its a good way 2 get 2 know everyone.

i think the powerpoint is going to be an interesting slideshow!!!

I know, I wonder how "creative" we are allowed to be..;)

First off, lemme say congrats to all of you who will be joining us at VCOM in the fall. Your arrival means I get to move from the big gray box on the right.... to the big gray box on the left (w00t 2nd year!!).

As for the powerpoint slide..... I made the mistake of taking a close up picture for it... not a good idea as it's projected on the humongous screens in the front of the class so dont put embarrasing pictures on there either... unless you're into that kind of thing. Try to be funny as after a while they get a little repetitive and clap for your classmates... it makes them feel important. They'll pick a couple professors (probably Dr. Mahaney who is like Mr. Rogers of medschool, and Dr. Hill who does Med edu.) They'll go through a couple slides during orientation to break up the monotony of the guy who comes to tell you you wont make any money as a doctor, only to be followed up by Dr. Rawlins, Dr. Sampson, and a whole myriad of others who will tell you that you'll never have to worry about money. Those of you who did the loan counseling at accepted students day, good on ya. That makes orientation easier. Sorry this is so long but it's good to warn you ahead of time. For the 3 days you are in orientation, as soon as you get out for the day, go do something fun and as unrelated to medical school as possible. I played more golf in those 3 days than i have since then. I will tell you the BEST part of orientation is when they give you the check (or deposit said check) for, in my case, 11 THOUSAND dollars. Man that was a great day....:D
If'n you all should have some more questions about the first year, since I can't seem to find my class' thread (2010) feel free to shoot me a PM or email me at [email protected]. I'm married and have 1.3 kids so if you're in that boat and have some ?'s, definately look me up. Again, sorry for the length of this post...:sleep: :sleep:

See you in the fall!!!

awesome thanks for the advice and the heads up. I am trying to play golf as much possible as i can for right now....and tennis off course!!!

anyone here by chance plays tennis, b/c i am just addicted to playing that sport

First off, lemme say congrats to all of you who will be joining us at VCOM in the fall. Your arrival means I get to move from the big gray box on the right.... to the big gray box on the left (w00t 2nd year!!).

As for the powerpoint slide..... I made the mistake of taking a close up picture for it... not a good idea as it's projected on the humongous screens in the front of the class so dont put embarrasing pictures on there either... unless you're into that kind of thing. Try to be funny as after a while they get a little repetitive and clap for your classmates... it makes them feel important. They'll pick a couple professors (probably Dr. Mahaney who is like Mr. Rogers of medschool, and Dr. Hill who does Med edu.) They'll go through a couple slides during orientation to break up the monotony of the guy who comes to tell you you wont make any money as a doctor, only to be followed up by Dr. Rawlins, Dr. Sampson, and a whole myriad of others who will tell you that you'll never have to worry about money. Those of you who did the loan counseling at accepted students day, good on ya. That makes orientation easier. Sorry this is so long but it's good to warn you ahead of time. For the 3 days you are in orientation, as soon as you get out for the day, go do something fun and as unrelated to medical school as possible. I played more golf in those 3 days than i have since then. I will tell you the BEST part of orientation is when they give you the check (or deposit said check) for, in my case, 11 THOUSAND dollars. Man that was a great day....:D
If'n you all should have some more questions about the first year, since I can't seem to find my class' thread (2010) feel free to shoot me a PM or email me at [email protected]. I'm married and have 1.3 kids so if you're in that boat and have some ?'s, definately look me up. Again, sorry for the length of this post...:sleep: :sleep:

See you in the fall!!!

its kinda quiet these days....guess nothin much goes on.

I am curious of our class schedule for the first block and i wanna know what changes are they doing in the curriculum.....ummm....

i guess we should hear something soon like Megan said in her email....

Hey, I'm definitely down for playing some tennis! I must say that it's not my best sport, but I enjoy playing in an attempt to get better. As for golf, I'd love to get out and play a couple rounds with some fellow classmates. We should plan on getting together after one orientation day and playing 18...

I'm about to head over to England/Italy for a little vacation:banana:. I'll be back at the end of June. I hope everyone is enjoying their time before school and I look forward to seeing 'yall in a couple months:hello:!!!

awesome!!!! you dont have to be good at tennis...u will become better after playing a couple of rounds..

I am really not a big golf player, but i can try...haha.

Enjoy ur vacation..

Hey, I'm definitely down for playing some tennis! I must say that it's not my best sport, but I enjoy playing in an attempt to get better. As for golf, I'd love to get out and play a couple rounds with some fellow classmates. We should plan on getting together after one orientation day and playing 18...

I'm about to head over to England/Italy for a little vacation:banana:. I'll be back at the end of June. I hope everyone is enjoying their time before school and I look forward to seeing 'yall in a couple months:hello:!!!