VCOM Hospital Ties/ Rotations/ Residency programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futura

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all who has info about VCOM...

Since VCOM is pretty new, do they have good ties to any large well known hospitals for residencies? how about rotations?

I am interested in Primary Care but may want more opportunities then just the general practitioner field.

Should I be looking at other schools that are better established?

Members don't see this ad.

Futura,

First off, VCOM is a great school with staff who go out of their way to help you. Their facilities are top notch and undoubtedly provide a solid systems based block curriculum. You can go on the website and find the list of hospitals that are available for the core rotations and there are affiliated hospitals also. From what I heard from someone in the Class of 2007 is that you may go to a rotation 4th year anywhere in the US that is approved by the school.

I am not sure this is fully correct so you should email Megan Price, the director of admissions and she may be able to answer your question or at least redirect it to the Clinical director. VCOM is definitely up and coming!