1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

VCOM Interview vs Accepted

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by markdo3549, Nov 13, 2005.

1. markdo3549

markdo3549 VCOM 2010
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I was just wondering what is the percentage of interviewed vs accepted. I have an interview there on November 28. If you do well on the interview, is this a good sign for an acceptance or what? Any help, would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Static Line

Static Line America's Guard of Honor
    5+ Year Member

It's not automatic that you're in just because you interview well here. There are 160 seats per class. They interview roughly 250-300 people. Some of these people get multiple acceptances and turn down VCOM for various reasons. Of course, that is better for your odds but regardless, your odds at acceptance are pretty good once you interview.

4. markdo3549

markdo3549 VCOM 2010
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thanks Static. I know that it is not a guaranteed acceptance just by interviewing. I just had heard that their acceptance rate post interview is like 80%, which to me is rather good. Thanks again, Mark

5. Monty Python

Monty Python Icelandic (see avatar) doesn't translate well.
    10+ Year Member

Stats for class entering 2004:

applications received ~1400
    interviewed ~350
    acceptance letters mailed ~310

We'll see ... I interview there 11/17, assuming this blasted weather doesn't strand me at the connecting airport.

6. HooahDOc

Physician 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Their rate of post-interview acceptance is pretty high, but it doesn't matter if you're in the 20% who do not get accepted. VCOM is an odd school; they seem to place more emphasis on who you are than your MCAT/GPA.

You WILL be rejected if they don't like you. I hit it off with my first interviewer, but my other two obviously didn't care much for me (the feeling was mutual). I was rejected.