VCU and Duke acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EHCAT4

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I am a VA resident waiting to hear back from Duke and VCU (both regular decision). I have been accepted to UNC and Emory & Henry College at this point. I was curious about who has received info from them to this point?

I assumed I would hear back from both sooner than UNC due to the admissions statistics at each (in-state acceptance rate at VCU and out of state rate at Duke). I am kind of surprised that I have not received word, especially since I got accepted to UNC with their out of state statistics.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all!

I am a VA resident waiting to hear back from Duke and VCU (both regular decision). I have been accepted to UNC and Emory & Henry College at this point. I was curious about who has received info from them to this point?

I assumed I would hear back from both sooner than UNC due to the admissions statistics at each (in-state acceptance rate at VCU and out of state rate at Duke). I am kind of surprised that I have not received word, especially since I got accepted to UNC with their out of state statistics.

Thanks in advance!
Hey there are already two Duke threads started if you scroll down a bit! I was accepted early decision and as of right now our class has about 73ish people in it! Hope this helps

Hi! I didn't apply to VCU, but I got an email from Duke a couple of weeks ago saying that my application was still under consideration (that was the second one of those I've gotten). Someone who got in posted on a different thread that there are 73 people on Duke's new class page, and based on last year, I think the next wave of acceptances are probably going to be next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey EHCAT, I'm in a similar situation to you, especially regarding Duke. I'm a SWVA native, so I also applied to E&H, VCU, and Duke. I was accepted at E&H and put down a deposit, but withdrew when I was accepted to VCU in December. Still curious about Duke, as I've been getting the emails saying I'm still under consideration, even though I'm unlikely to accept since I got into VCU.

Thanks everyone! This info is really helpful!

Hey EHCAT, I'm in a similar situation to you, especially regarding Duke. I'm a SWVA native, so I also applied to E&H, VCU, and Duke. I was accepted at E&H and put down a deposit, but withdrew when I was accepted to VCU in December. Still curious about Duke, as I've been getting the emails saying I'm still under consideration, even though I'm unlikely to accept since I got into VCU.

I’m also from SWVA! I go to Emory & Henry currently haha. Small world.