VCU and Duke acceptances?

Started by EHCAT4
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EHCAT4

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all!

I am a VA resident waiting to hear back from Duke and VCU (both regular decision). I have been accepted to UNC and Emory & Henry College at this point. I was curious about who has received info from them to this point?

I assumed I would hear back from both sooner than UNC due to the admissions statistics at each (in-state acceptance rate at VCU and out of state rate at Duke). I am kind of surprised that I have not received word, especially since I got accepted to UNC with their out of state statistics.

Thanks in advance!
 
Hello all!

I am a VA resident waiting to hear back from Duke and VCU (both regular decision). I have been accepted to UNC and Emory & Henry College at this point. I was curious about who has received info from them to this point?

I assumed I would hear back from both sooner than UNC due to the admissions statistics at each (in-state acceptance rate at VCU and out of state rate at Duke). I am kind of surprised that I have not received word, especially since I got accepted to UNC with their out of state statistics.

Thanks in advance!
Hey there are already two Duke threads started if you scroll down a bit! I was accepted early decision and as of right now our class has about 73ish people in it! Hope this helps
 
Hi! I didn't apply to VCU, but I got an email from Duke a couple of weeks ago saying that my application was still under consideration (that was the second one of those I've gotten). Someone who got in posted on a different thread that there are 73 people on Duke's new class page, and based on last year, I think the next wave of acceptances are probably going to be next week.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey EHCAT, I'm in a similar situation to you, especially regarding Duke. I'm a SWVA native, so I also applied to E&H, VCU, and Duke. I was accepted at E&H and put down a deposit, but withdrew when I was accepted to VCU in December. Still curious about Duke, as I've been getting the emails saying I'm still under consideration, even though I'm unlikely to accept since I got into VCU.
 
Hey EHCAT, I'm in a similar situation to you, especially regarding Duke. I'm a SWVA native, so I also applied to E&H, VCU, and Duke. I was accepted at E&H and put down a deposit, but withdrew when I was accepted to VCU in December. Still curious about Duke, as I've been getting the emails saying I'm still under consideration, even though I'm unlikely to accept since I got into VCU.

I’m also from SWVA! I go to Emory & Henry currently haha. Small world.