VCU Pre-Interview Central

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drmota

2K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
since my posts get ignored on the VCU Central thread i thought i'd start one for people who are still either complete or have a vague status e-mail. i've been complete for TEN weeks today and am still just COMPLETE. WTF is going oN?!
-mota

Members don't see this ad.

I'm with you mota! Although I was only complete two weeks ago...

preetster said:
I'm with you mota! Although I was only complete two weeks ago...

that still makes 2 of us. anyone else? damn people really jumped on top of those VCU apps huh.
-mota

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete on 11/14. No word since then :sleep:

Could be worse, Mota. Vermont has me "complete and should hear in several weeks" since before 9/1. BEFORE SEPTEMBER. That's like 13 weeks. For the tuition price you might be paying to Vermont, I expect SOMETHING before 13 frickin' weeks. Banks foreclose on your house for being this late!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

ShyRem said:
Could be worse, Mota. Vermont has me "complete and should hear in several weeks" since before 9/1. BEFORE SEPTEMBER. That's like 13 weeks. For the tuition price you might be paying to Vermont, I expect SOMETHING before 13 frickin' weeks. Banks foreclose on your house for being this late!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

That sux! Vermont is worth the wait I think.. :luck:

vermont actually puts u in the interview pool without u knowing. ive been complete there since july... was actually put in the pool just on dec 1.... i didn't know until i called.. they really encourage people to call them.. it shows interest....

What's with all the Vermont stuff? Hijackers! :mad:

j/k, I'm waiting on them too. But for VCU, I've been in vague status limbo (VSL) since 9/28.

theunderdog said:
vermont actually puts u in the interview pool without u knowing. ive been complete there since july... was actually put in the pool just on dec 1.... i didn't know until i called.. they really encourage people to call them.. it shows interest....

:eek: I check my online status page there almost every day. Most schools yell at you if you call them and tell you to check online. How are we supposed to know?

me, too, tac. Sometimes I check twice a day just in case they changed it DURING the day. I'm SOOOO OCD right now. :)

DaMota said:
since my posts get ignored on the VCU Central thread i thought i'd start one for people who are still either complete or have a vague status e-mail. i've been complete for TEN weeks today and am still just COMPLETE. WTF is going oN?!
-mota
I got one of those vague messages more than 2 weeks ago... :)

DrZee said:
I got one of those vague messages more than 2 weeks ago... :)

when were you complete?
-mota

DaMota said:
when were you complete?
-mota
I mean, who keeps track these days? :p (67 days)

Members don't see this ad :)
ShyRem said:
me, too, tac. Sometimes I check twice a day just in case they changed it DURING the day. I'm SOOOO OCD right now. :)

Being OCD is so hot right now. :thumbup:

bumping in hopes that maybe they give out some interviews with these acceptances they're about to dish out.
-mota

Hey I got an Invite for Interview on dec 6-2005. i was complete in mid september. Keep Steady guys, it will come.

just got an invite today. been complete for so long i lost interest a while ago.
what do you guys know about vcu? are they still interviewing for acceptances or waitlists?

xraygray said:
just got an invite today. been complete for so long i lost interest a while ago.
what do you guys know about vcu? are they still interviewing for acceptances or waitlists?

when were you complete if you dont mind my asking? they offer 2 more batches of acceptances, once in january and once in march, so if you interview before those periods you are fair game for getting an acceptance.
-mota

there's only 100 interview spots left. killer. i must be on some sort of hold or something. but the fact that i'm still just COMPLETE after 2 and a half months makes me wonder if they've even looked at my application
-mota

thanks for the info. not sure when i was complete. i think some time back in august. i just scheduled my interview for 1/18. anyone know how vcu compare's to evms?

DaMota said:
when were you complete if you dont mind my asking? they offer 2 more batches of acceptances, once in january and once in march, so if you interview before those periods you are fair game for getting an acceptance.
-mota

DaMota said:
there's only 100 interview spots left. killer. i must be on some sort of hold or something. but the fact that i'm still just COMPLETE after 2 and a half months makes me wonder if they've even looked at my application
-mota

How the hell do you know that there are only 100 interview spots left? I just got an interview invite today...I was complete sometime in mid-september.

VPDcurt said:
How the hell do you know that there are only 100 interview spots left? I just got an interview invite today...I was complete sometime in mid-september.

uh, it says so at the top of the status check page.
-mota

got mine today, scheduled 2/06/06...... who's with me??

ive been on vague hold since 11.09, this sux, pls reject me or interview me already!

DaMota said:
-mota

Same here, about the same amount of time...maybe 8 weeks. Just "complete"

i've been complete since August........

gogo110182 said:
i've been complete since August........

but you got an interview, right? did you go straight to interview or get a vague message first?
-mota

I got a vague message at first and then got an interview invite on friday. My interview is Jan 25 so they are still kind of early i guess.

DaMota said:
but you got an interview, right? did you go straight to interview or get a vague message first?
-mota
possible interview first, then invite........

gogo110182 said:
got mine today, scheduled 2/06/05...... who's with me??

Me too! :)

I just got home for break yesterday, and I checked my e-mail today, and there it was!

I scheduled mine for 2/1 though.

Mota, you're next!

I'm still waiting as well...although my app wasn't complete until early dec due to a pre med committee screw-up... :cool:

good luck to all those waiting...and all who got invites as well!!! :D

tacrum43 said:
Me too! :)

I just got home for break yesterday, and I checked my e-mail today, and there it was!

I scheduled mine for 2/1 though.

Mota, you're next!

nice tacrum, congrats! i sure hope i'm next. they have 500 apps left to review and only 100 interview spots left. so i've got a 20% shot.
-mota

I was complete at VCU on Aug. 22, so it's been almost four months for me. I'm beginning to think I'm gonna get rejected. But I'm so interested in the school, Iv'e heard so many good things about it!

Please interview me, VCU! :laugh:

and now they're closed for 2 weeks. i will be still just "COMPLETE" when they get back for over 3 months. i'm sorry but this is ridiculous. all i want is an f-ing vague status message.
-mota

I've been complete since early October and I finally got one of those vague messages today! Oddly enough, my status was updated today even though the school has been closed since Tuesday. For those that received interviews recently, did you receive a vague message and how soon afterwards did you get the invite?

mich15 said:
I've been complete since early October and I finally got one of those vague messages today! Oddly enough, my status was updated today even though the school has been closed since Tuesday. For those that received interviews recently, did you receive a vague message and how soon afterwards did you get the invite?

I think it depends which message you get. I got the really vague one that did not mention anything about a priority score. Those that got the message mentioning the priority score seemed to get interviews within a couple of weeks from what I could tell.

Nevertheless, an invite did come about 10 weeks after I got the message, so there is hope. :)

awesome. finally got the vague status message. did we ever figure out which one is better/worse? mine didn't mention anything about a priority score, just that they were interested but that they are interested in far more people than they have interview spots for. didn't sound too promising.
-mota

DaMota said:
awesome. finally got the vague status message. did we ever figure out which one is better/worse? mine didn't mention anything about a priority score, just that they were interested but that they are interested in far more people than they have interview spots for. didn't sound too promising.
-mota

"The committee's file review indicates that they are interested in your candidacy. However, due to the increase in the applicant pool this year, it is clear that we MAY be unable to interview all the candidates at your priority score. If we do find that we are able to grant an interview you will be notified by email."

This the one you got, Mota? Wonder how many versions of the "vague" email there are. :oops:

Jaider said:
"The committee's file review indicates that they are interested in your candidacy. However, due to the increase in the applicant pool this year, it is clear that we MAY be unable to interview all the candidates at your priority score. If we do find that we are able to grant an interview you will be notified by email."

This the one you got, Mota? Wonder how many versions of the "vague" email there are. :oops:

here's mine:
The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken.

they both sound equally discouraging, don't you think? i don't get why there are different versions. but someone said that when they mention priority score you usually get an invite quicker than when they don't. either way, it seems to be a right of passage before you get an interview, so i'm hangin in there.
-mota

DaMota said:
here's mine:
The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken.

That's the same one I got...but you've got lots of interviews now Mota. Don't be greedy. ;)

bump....

any invites for anyone recently?

preetster said:
bump....

any invites for anyone recently?

Noooooooooooope. My vague status is still in effect.

Jaider said:
Noooooooooooope. My vague status is still in effect.

same here. i'm over VCU.
-mota

Don't give up hope yet, I know of people who has gotten that message and still get an interview.

anybody know when VCU interviews til?
-mota

DaMota said:
-mota

Nope, but I'm still on hold wit'cha, baby. :D

DaMota said:
-mota

I think their last scheduled acceptance offer date is March 20th which is when they make the waitlist for those who havent been accepted and are still on post interview hold, then they begin accepting students off that list....so Im guessing they stop interviewing early March.

Vizsla said:
I think their last scheduled acceptance offer date is March 20th which is when they make the waitlist for those who havent been accepted and are still on post interview hold, then they begin accepting students off that list....so Im guessing they stop interviewing early March.
Magyar vagy?