PittMedicine

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2005
201
0
CA
Status
Pre-Medical
Has VCU updated anyone's file yet? I sent my LOR last week and my file is still incomplete I got a pre-interview there b/c I have a connection, but I jsut want to make sure they have my LOR. anyone?
 

booswim542

Walkin' on Sunshine
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
430
1
East coast-ish
Status
Medical Student
No reply here either. My letters were sent in Tuesday, and I have heard from some of my other schools. I was going to wait another week and see if I hear anything.

Pitt, did you hear whether or not your file was complete at EVMS before you got your interview?
 
About the Ads

SeminoleFan3

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2006
1,270
15
Status
Attending Physician
I think I got it the first week of July, and I was verified 6/19. It was a couple essays, nothing major.

Between about 2 and 6, my status page was updated to "complete."
 

Robizzle

1K Member
10+ Year Member
May 28, 2006
2,831
10
Boston & NYC
Status
Medical Student
they just sent me an email to check their site. it reads:

Your M.D. file is now complete. The Admissions Committee will now do a comprehensive review of your application. Once the review is complete your file will be prioritized and interviews will be granted based on your priority score and the date your file was completed. Please do not call the admissions office requesting special dates.

i already knew i was complete too. ugh. thought it was an interview/rejection notice.

that's awesome that u already got an interview. damn.
 

yolony

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2006
46
0
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Robizzle said:
they just sent me an email to check their site. it reads:

Your M.D. file is now complete. The Admissions Committee will now do a comprehensive review of your application. Once the review is complete your file will be prioritized and interviews will be granted based on your priority score and the date your file was completed. Please do not call the admissions office requesting special dates.

i already knew i was complete too. ugh. thought it was an interview/rejection notice.

that's awesome that u already got an interview. damn.
Ditto, and I submitted on 7/17
 

horton thruggle

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2005
85
0
Status
PittMedicine said:
Has VCU updated anyone's file yet? I sent my LOR last week and my file is still incomplete I got a pre-interview there b/c I have a connection, but I jsut want to make sure they have my LOR. anyone?

Just as a matter of curiosity, do you have connections at *both* VCU and EVMS? Is there another explanation for your receiving interviews to both these schools before (at least one month before) they offer them to others?

And your (self-reported) 7 on the MCAT verbal didn't upset anyone? Many schools would consider that a deal-breaker.

And how *exactly* are you a VA resident, since you live in PA and go to school in CA?

And since your self-reported birthday is 6/9/83, what have you been doing for the two (or perhaps one) year(s) since you graduated?

And how is it that your GPA from UCLA is 3.99+, but you can't get better than a 30 on the MCAT?

Inquiring minds want to know.
 

Vizsla

in a lucid interval
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 26, 2005
945
0
Status
Medical Student
horton thruggle said:
Just as a matter of curiosity, do you have connections at *both* VCU and EVMS? Is there another explanation for your receiving interviews to both these schools before (at least one month before) they offer them to others?

And your (self-reported) 7 on the MCAT verbal didn't upset anyone? Many schools would consider that a deal-breaker.

And how *exactly* are you a VA resident, since you live in PA and go to school in CA?

And since your self-reported birthday is 6/9/83, what have you been doing for the two (or perhaps one) year(s) since you graduated?

And how is it that your GPA from UCLA is 3.99+, but you can't get better than a 30 on the MCAT?

Inquiring minds want to know.
wow...do you want his blood type too? :D
 

horton thruggle

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2005
85
0
Status
Vizsla said:
wow...do you want his blood type too? :D
Not that interested in his/her blood type. I just have a low BS threshhold, and think nonsense like this should be discouraged.

A lot of people put in a lot of hard work in the hopes of becoming a doctor. Having a troller post the sort of tripe that this bozo (bozzette?) does unnecessarily increases the already too great level of anxiety.

But I could be wrong...I'm still waiting for a response from the OP.
 

Carmenita79

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
May 10, 2006
211
0
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I have a friend applying as a VA resident who was pretty certain that none of the VA school have started offering interviews yet, so maybe the OP is just trolling.
 
About the Ads