-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Vet school GPA and requirements
Started by AnimaLover
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Or I could just take a second to think 

There are a lot 15 year olds here and guess what? I could be lying, I could be bluffing.
How many people your exact age also intend on becoming veterinarians and also intend on applying to CSU? You're not some random person among thousands, you are one person among probably a few dozen that have those same characteristics.
The point people are trying to make is that if you were actively applying to vet schools and posting like this it is possible that someone from CSU admissions would see it. If that happened and they connected your posts on this forum to your application, you might as well throw your application directly into the trash. It's happened to applicants before, so it's not outside of the realm of possibility.
Obviously no one is going to be trolling through seven year old posts by the time you might start applying to vet school so this thread isn't going to come back and bite you probably, but it is something to keep in mind for the future.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well I am going to use buddy, this doesn't seem to be a completely professional forum so I can slip in unprofessional words.
And this specifically is the problem... You have been told "this comes across as rude." It would take exactly 0% effort for you to change it so that other people don't react negatively to you. And your response is to continue to be rude.
And the way you are using both of those terms is rude, regardless of whether you think you are being rude or not.
Last edited:
and @LetItSnow you're not allowed to leave until I do.
He can leave with me.... but not until one of us leaves. 😉
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
None of you are allowed to leave! I'm too young to be left on my own!
None of you are allowed to leave! I'm too young to be left on my own!
Time to grow up.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I've tried it before, it didn't stickTime to grow up.
I've tried it before, it didn't stick
You're not trying hard enough.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Maybe I just don't believe in myselfYou're not trying hard enough.
Maybe I just don't believe in myself
I just snorted my ice cold water all over the place. Thanks. I needed that.

I hate to take such drastic measures, but, I think it's time to break out the P word...
Ya'll - let's chill the potato out, and be respectful.
Amen.
Ya'll - let's chill the potato out, and be respectful.
Amen.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Cephal0potato has spokenI hate to take such drastic measures, but, I think it's time to break out the P word...
Ya'll - let's chill the potato out, and be respectful.
Amen.
And this specifically is the problem... You have been told "this comes across as rude." It would take exactly 0% effort for you to change it so that other people don't react negatively to you. And your response is to continue to be rude.
And the way you are using both of those terms is rude, regardless of whether you think you are being rude or not.
I'm just saying that buddy is not a rude word, what do you expect me to say? Sir and ma'am?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm just saying that buddy is not a rude word, what do you expect me to say? Sir and ma'am?
Come on now, you're being intentionally obtuse. It was intended to be belittling, and you know it. You're just doubling down.
Come on now, you're being intentionally obtuse. It was intended to be belittling, and you know it. You're just doubling down.
Whatever you say sir/ma'am.
Whatever you say sir/ma'am.
I'm just picturing those words coming from something like this right now:
Hey buddy, rule #1 of digging yourself out of a hole: stop digging.Whatever you say sir/ma'am.
Or dig all the way through to the other side of the world, right?Hey buddy, rule #1 of digging yourself out of a hole: stop digging.
That takes significantly more effort, and by the time you’re out, you realize you’re nowhere where you want to be.Or dig all the way through to the other side of the world, right?![]()
I thought the food discussion was happening here and I was so excited about the turn this thread took. Turns out I was just lost.
I am so disappointed.
I am so disappointed.
That takes significantly more effort, and by the time you’re out, you realize you’re nowhere where you want to be.
Is this what happens when you dig too far?I thought the food discussion was happening here and I was so excited about the turn this thread took. Turns out I was just lost.
I am so disappointed.
You’d melt trying to go through the core though. I guess that could also solve the problemOr dig all the way through to the other side of the world, right?![]()
Well if you dig a shallow hole and just keep making it longer, you'd eventually make it across to the other side, no? It'd take longer, but you'd get there, maybe somewhat singedYou’d melt trying to go through the core though. I guess that could also solve the problem
Hey buddy, rule #1 of digging yourself out of a hole: stop digging.
Just trying to be polite, that's all.
Wow, I missed a lot finishing up my English paper! Pass the popcorn! 

LolJust trying to be polite, that's all.
This thread is not going anywhere at this point.
@AnimaLover I think you should start a new account if you ever have any new questions you want to ask. I just don't want there to be conflicts and there to be helpful threads in the future without diverging off to drama. I do hope that you can learn something about this threads experience about yourself and I hope we can learn about how to deal with stuff like this more effectively in the future.
I know this thread at this point is just everyone throwing things around, but don't disregard what others are saying. Chances are if more than a few pointed issues with your text communication behavior then most likely your peers will too, and you have to understand your ability to communicate is very important for any position/job/career and especially as a vet with your interactions with other people.
@AnimaLover I think you should start a new account if you ever have any new questions you want to ask. I just don't want there to be conflicts and there to be helpful threads in the future without diverging off to drama. I do hope that you can learn something about this threads experience about yourself and I hope we can learn about how to deal with stuff like this more effectively in the future.
I know this thread at this point is just everyone throwing things around, but don't disregard what others are saying. Chances are if more than a few pointed issues with your text communication behavior then most likely your peers will too, and you have to understand your ability to communicate is very important for any position/job/career and especially as a vet with your interactions with other people.
@AnimaLover I think you should start a new account if you ever have any new questions you want to ask.
I don't think that's necessary. Contrary to some theories, we are grown ups here, and we won't blacklist the OP and refuse to be cordial in future threads because of the impression she made here. (Also, pretty sure that's against TOS).
I encourage OP to stick around and read the forums a bit. Her first post mentioned:
I know this is all over forums and such but I wanted to start my own fresh thread.
And that's absolutely right, a lot of questions you have have already been covered here! Explore a bit, use the search function to look up specific things, and if you want to try chatting again, we'll be here for you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think that's necessary. Contrary to some theories, we are grown ups here, and we won't blacklist the OP and refuse to be cordial in future threads because of the impression she made here. (Also, pretty sure that's against TOS).
[/QUOTE]
Blacklisting people is against TOS? Damn it!!!
(Totally joking)
[/QUOTE]
Blacklisting people is against TOS? Damn it!!!
(Totally joking)
If I learned anything from The Core it's that I can definitely dig to the center of the earth with little training with no problems.You’d melt trying to go through the core though. I guess that could also solve the problem
I don't think that's necessary. Contrary to some theories, we are grown ups here, and we won't blacklist the OP and refuse to be cordial in future threads because of the impression she made here. (Also, pretty sure that's against TOS).
I encourage OP to stick around and read the forums a bit. Her first post mentioned
Did you just assume my gender?
Its okay they assume my gender all the time on here. I keep having to constantly correct them.Did you just assume my gender?
With vet med it's generally safe to assume someone is female unless stated otherwise. It's just the demographics, no need to take it personally. 🙂Did you just assume my gender?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I thought your gender was cheez itIts okay they assume my gender all the time on here. I keep having to constantly correct them.
I thought your gender was cheez it
FOR THE LAST TIME I'M AN AXOLOTL
![]()
Edit because I found a better less obnoxious picture.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Male or female??axolotl
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Also I appreciate that you went and found your previous post to quote 

Its perma-copied to my clipboard because I'm sick of correcting you people. ugh.Also I appreciate that you went and found your previous post to quote![]()
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Axolotl is too adorable. Cheez can't possibly be one. I call shenanigans.
This thread is not going anywhere at this point.
@AnimaLover I think you should start a new account if you ever have any new questions you want to ask.
Might wanna check the TOS before doing that. I know it's ok under certain circumstances, but I also know there are circumstances it can lead to being banned or otherwise disciplined.
I'm just picturing those words coming from something like this right now:
![]()
That's how I look whenever I respond to you. What's your point?
we won't blacklist the OP
Speaking for yourself. 🙂 I will <definitely> set someone to 'ignored' status so I never have to see them again. Life's too short to waste time trying to help people who are just going to give you grief for it.
Its perma-copied to my clipboard because I'm sick of correcting you people. ugh.
Ok, cheezy chica. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Such a wonderful show that SOMEBODY had to get cancelled by getting pregnant.I'm just picturing those words coming from something like this right now:
![]()
Reason number 8273819183910 why children are the worst
With vet med it's generally safe to assume someone is female unless stated otherwise. It's just the demographics, no need to take it personally. 🙂
Such a wonderful show that SOMEBODY had to get cancelled by getting pregnant.
Reason number 8273819183910 why children are the worst
So I was in the kitchen yesterday making coffee and for reasons I don't remember said "Oh. My. God."
My 6-year-old boy immediately chimed in from across the room "Look. At her. Butt."
Reason number 18983008282 why children are hysterically funny.
I have no idea why my 6-year-old is familiar with Sir Mix-A-Lot.
Last edited:
So I was in the kitchen yesterday making coffee and for reasons I don't remember said "Oh. My. God" yesterday.
My 6-year-old boy immediately chimed in from across the room "Look. At her. Butt."
Reason number 18983008282 why children are hysterically funny.
I have no idea why my 6-year-old is familiar with Sir Mix-A-Lot.
Has he seen the movie Sing?
Might explain where he got it from.
Yes and I think folks know by now the dog in the picture is female. I however, am male! Don't take any offense. Last I heard 75% of veterinary students are female. When I was visiting a vet school they told me in one of their classes they only had 15 males in a class of 112.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 605