Video Games

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hamidace

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many people here play video games? XBOX or PS? Which games do you like and why? Didn't you wish there was a medically related video game?

I personally love video games, I am a XBOX360 fan and love to play Guitar Hero III.

Members don't see this ad.

there is for the wii! trauma center. you perform "surgeries."

that dog is hideous.

That is so cool! Is there any similar games for XBOX? I would really love to try something like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
mmm i don't know much about the XBOX besides that i suck at halo. plus is the wii is sooo much cooler :)

anyone else?

I wanted to buy wii before, but I thought most of the games seem to be for kids. I mean in terms of graphics and stuff I like games like call of duty or Halo, however, most of the fun games in wii are tennis, bowling or other games which I know are fun but maybe only for a day.

haha it's true, the sports games do get old fast. but there are lots of games that more "mature" like guitar hero and super mario galaxy.

i highly recommend (plus it's on the cheaper side), especially for uncoordinated girls like myself.

Personally I have an X-box 360 - I love playing burnout revenge. It helps to relieve the frustration I feel when having to drive around the crazy drivers here.

As for medically themed games, there is always the ER computer game http://www.amazon.com/Vivendi-Universal-72293-ER/dp/B0002YITTI I picked it up for 4 bucks at Big Lots (figured it should at least be a good laugh) I played through it once as a female character cause, well, I'm female. Not really much "medically" oriented to the game. I then played through it as a male character. I got my 4 bucks worth of amusement out of it by watching Pratt hit on my male character LOL

I'm a nintendo girl myself, so Wii and DS all the way!

For the Wii: Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Super mario galaxy, metroid, trauma center: new blood. Those are all pretty good games :) I personally also liked Zak and Wiki, although it's mostly a puzzle game so you have to like that kinda thing.

DS: Zelda: phantom of the hourglass, Final fantasy 3 and 6 (12 is out, but it's a tactics game, not so much an rpg), picross, and mario and luigin: partners in time. I'm sure there were more, but I don't remember anymore. I love my DS.

Tiger Woods 08 on the Wii takes up most of my video gaming time. If I ever get a chance to make time for it, I definitely want to try No More Heroes. Everything that is ever so remotely wrong with Japan is condensed into that game.

Mario Soccer on Wii is by far the best game ever made.

My roomates and I are really into rock band for Xbox 360. And when they're not there I play call of duty

haha I play Halo like theres no tomorrow

Has anyone played Mass Effect? If so, what do you think about it?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in :love: with my XBOX 360.... I am so in love that I had to leave it home when I came up here for college! :( Ah... it is so fun. I am a huge fan of Gears of War and, of course, Halo. You really have to master Gears of War multiplayer for it to be any fun online, though. Gosh I miss my 360...

Oh and Mass Effect! That is what I would be playing right now if I hadn't left my XBOX at home. Well, that and Assassin's Creed. BioShock was pretty good too. I was going to get the new Call of Duty game, but decided not to since I would be leaving my 360 home. Anyway...

I hope that once I finish my residency I will have time for video games again. I seriously love them and I do not care how unproductive they are. As for PC, I was into CS for a while, and then WoW :eek: Luckily, I was smart enough to realize how potentially addicting that game could be and walked away cold turkey! :thumbup:

Oh and let's not forget the classics like Super Smash Bros. for N64! Good times... :laugh:

Used to play halo3 but now call of duty has taken over

Super nintendo and sega genesis right here- stick with the classics like Sonic and Mario.

not to bring med school into this wonderful convo but when I interviewed at Sinai, they had an awesome SNES setup in the rec room.

Super nintendo and sega genesis right here- stick with the classics like Sonic and Mario.

you can play a whole bunch of old games on the wii (downside: you have to buy them). i bought sonic and mario kart. wee!

pc > console

I play COD4

Don't you love that game? I mean, COD4 is by far the best first shooter game I have played, the graphics, the story, sound and everything is fine with this game. If you play it online, thing start to become even more enjoyable. This thing is addictive though. Be careful.

get yourself a wii and get resident evil 4....coolest game ever!!! not only that, but you can download old school games from nes/snes/64 and also genesis and some ataris games I think.

I just got mr.dreams punch-out the other day, boy does that bring back some memories

Don't you love that game? I mean, COD4 is by far the best first shooter game I have played, the graphics, the story, sound and everything is fine with this game. If you play it online, thing start to become even more enjoyable. This thing is addictive though. Be careful.
it definitely has great playability, but there are some things I really don't like.. the maps are extremely small, so playing with more than 15 people is a real slaughterhouse. there are no good sniping positions in any map, so sniping is almost impossible to do well.

but yeah, I love the game. but I loved Battlefield 1942: Desert Combat more because you could use tanks and planes and helicopters.

pc > console

I play COD4

I play PC as well.

COD4 has been my drug for the past two months or so, however, I hit Commander a week or two back and I have no drive to play it anymore. Everything I do seems to need a goal...

I was working on getting the golden shotgun, but I hate having to use that crappy pump action. The automatic one rocks though, especially in hardcore mode.

I play PC as well.

COD4 has been my drug for the past two months or so, however, I hit Commander a week or two back and I have no drive to play it anymore. Everything I do seems to need a goal...

I was working on getting the golden shotgun, but I hate having to use that crappy pump action. The automatic one rocks though, especially in hardcore mode.
I made a new profile and started back over. I think I'm at 29 with the new profile. I still find myself going back to the old profile though and trying to get headshots. I'm surprised how many kills I have with a P90 and still don't have 150 headshots.

btw, PM me your in-game name and the servers you're on.. maybe I'll run into you.

I made a new profile and started back over. I think I'm at 29 with the new profile. I still find myself going back to the old profile though and trying to get headshots. I'm surprised how many kills I have with a P90 and still don't have 150 headshots.

btw, PM me your in-game name and the servers you're on.. maybe I'll run into you.

Ah. May I recommend using the P90 (Red Dot) with Bandolier, Sleight of Hand, and Deeper Impact. Then look for the FUBAR Shipment server. I completed all the P90 challenges that way...

I have an XBOX 360

Has anyone played Mass Effect? If so, what do you think about it?

I have mass effect...Im not too into it. but its not a bad game. Just not my style i guess.

I play halo way too much as well as guitar hero (I have a tourny comin up for it).

COD4 is amazing as well. I also play SKATE.

Seems like I'm the only PS3 owner here. Favorite games are Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, it has the most savage gun fights and fist fights I've seen in any game. Assassin's Creed, again just brutal moves along with massive free roam game play. Dirt, what can I say, I love rally racing.

Seems like I'm the only PS3 owner here. Favorite games are Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, it has the most savage gun fights and fist fights I've seen in any game. Assassin's Creed, again just brutal moves along with massive free roam game play. Dirt, what can I say, I love rally racing.

Never been a fan of playstations... plus $500 for a console without a good online system...? blah :thumbdown:

Never been a fan of playstations... plus $500 for a console without a good online system...? blah :thumbdown:
Playstation = Final Fantasy and that's enough for me. Computers are good enough for online stuff.

you can go through the storyline missions with more than 1 person on Halo 3, right?

Yeah you know if you can't handle it alone :p haha, j/k You can do it with someone on the same console as you or online.

you can go through the storyline missions with more than 1 person on Halo 3, right?

i'm really jealous that COD4 doesn't have that. that would be really cool.

sure can....but halo 3 is all about xbox live. when I go home for a weekend I never bother to bring my books cuz me and my bro play 24/7.....its so addicting

WoW for PC

Resident Evil 4 and soon Super Smash Brothers Brawl for the Wii

pc > console

I play COD4
My man.
it definitely has great playability, but there are some things I really don't like.. the maps are extremely small, so playing with more than 15 people is a real slaughterhouse. there are no good sniping positions in any map, so sniping is almost impossible to do well.

but yeah, I love the game. but I loved Battlefield 1942: Desert Combat more because you could use tanks and planes and helicopters.
Crossfire is great for snipers, and Overgrown isn't bad either. Lots of guys snipe in Bloc as well, but I don't really like to. I don't usually snipe though - I can hit someone all the way across the map with the RPD.

Ah. May I recommend using the P90 (Red Dot) with Bandolier, Sleight of Hand, and Deeper Impact. Then look for the FUBAR Shipment server. I completed all the P90 challenges that way...
I prefer a silenced P90 with extra flash bangs, double tap and steady fire for almost any free-for-all match. For team matches, I prefer the RPD with the grip, double tap, and deep penetration. Nothing like shooting someone who thinks they're safe behind a concrete wall. :D Plus, a chopper doesn't stand a chance. I can take one down without even reloading.

Didn't you wish there was a medically related video game?

I suppose if you wanted to play a medically related video game that the big boys are playing with, you could shell out several hundred thousand dollars for a Simbionix LapMentor or something. They are pretty badass though.

Well, there are two medically related video games...

Trauma Center: Second Opinion and Trauma Center: New Blood for the Wii

I'm quite a fan of certain games... I particularly like the old school Super Nintendo and (lo and behold I never thought this would be 'old skool') Dreamcast.

I'm quite a fan of certain games... I particularly like the old school Super Nintendo and (lo and behold I never thought this would be 'old skool') Dreamcast.
Man i loved dreamcast, its too bad they didnt come out with many games.

I play Call of Duty 4 and Halo 3 religiously for Xbox 360.

For extended periods of boredom away from home, usually either in class or in the lab, I play my Nintento DS.