Video Games

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Personally, I have a PS3 and have been hooked on Madden 08. I started a Patriots franchise and have won 4 super bowls on Pro. I have just started the fifth season and acquired Champ Bailey, a 99 rated CB. My overall team is rated a 91 with a 91 offense, 93 defense, and 90 special teams. I have used a combo of draft picks on offense and trades & free agency moves to build my defense. You gotta love this game.

Members don't see this ad.

Heh, another WoW player. Ele Shaman and Ret Paladin.

I left the console world a while back, but old favorites that I have are:

Nintendo NES (which needs a new AC adapter): Legend of Zelda I-II, Mario I-III, Final Fantasy I

SNES: Super Mario World (and Allstars).

I should really dig up my old emulators out of nostalgia.

<----WoW vet

I can honestly say WoW ruined my first year GPA of college.

First day of Bio class, my friend from high school sits down next to me in class, opens his laptop, and starts playing. Within a few days, I bought the game, and was hooked. After my first two semesters, I had an amazing 2.8.

Somehow (really, I don't know how) I quit over the summer and got a job.

My GPA since my freshman year is a 3.6.

Oh, and I played a NE Druid (feral). :D

<----WoW vet

I can honestly say WoW ruined my first year GPA of college.

First day of Bio class, my friend from high school sits down next to me in class, opens his laptop, and starts playing. Within a few days, I bought the game, and was hooked. After my first two semesters, I had an amazing 2.8.

Somehow (really, I don't know how) I quit over the summer and got a job.

My GPA since my freshman year is a 3.6.

Oh, and I played a NE Druid (feral). :D

Yeah, the guys at Blizzard were great at making a time-sink game. That said, I didn't pick the game up until the end of my junior year. However, I was a casual gamer (a few hours here and there) and didn't become a dedicated raider until after graduation.

My GPA actually went up during my last two years with WoW. Hurray for being an anomaly.

I'll be quitting before medical school though.