Virginia DPT 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dobsonek

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Lynchburg, VCU, Emory + Henry, and/or Shenandoah? UL is one of my top choice programs and I know they won’t begin to consider me until the end of the semester (I have too many prereqs in progress ATM) but just wondering if anyone’s heard from any of the others?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard from Lynchburg, VCU, Emory + Henry, and/or Shenandoah? UL is one of my top choice programs and I know they won’t begin to consider me until the end of the semester (I have too many prereqs in progress ATM) but just wondering if anyone’s heard from any of the others?
I got accepted into Lynchburg!

I've applied to Shenandoah and VCU and haven't heard anything yet either

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to Emory and Henry and received an email a couple weeks ago about receiving my application and an additional fee but nothing since

I applied to ODU, VCU, Lynchburg, Radford, GW, and Murphy Deming (Mary Baldwin). I got a weird email a couple weeks ago from Lynchburg saying "they couldn't come to a decision about my application yet". I emailed them back to ask for clarification and they said I'm not wait-listed and I haven't been rejected, but they haven't accepted me yet. Weird. Anyway, ODU is my #1. Let me know if y'all hear anything!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an invite to an interview at GW on November 15! :)

Just got an invite to an interview at GW on November 15! :)
Congrats! I just interviewed there this past weekend. The interview was super casual and was more like a conversation with the faculty. I'm sure you'll do great!

Congrats! I just interviewed there this past weekend. The interview was super casual and was more like a conversation with the faculty. I'm sure you'll do great!

Oh, man. That's SO good to hear! I just had my first interview (at Chatham in Pittsburgh) yesterday, and I felt like it was so formal and intimidating. One of the more stressful days of my life. I told myself that I didn't know if I could put myself through that again! :) Good to hear this one is more relaxed. Hey, do you mind me asking... the invite email referenced "group activities..." I was wondering about those. Is that part of the interview/something we're evaluated for? What do they consist of?

Has anyone heard from Shenandoah? I got an email saying that they would let me know in "early November" about an interview but I'm not really sure when to expect an email.

Has anyone heard from Shenandoah? I got an email saying that they would let me know in "early November" about an interview but I'm not really sure when to expect an email.
No. I emailed them for an application update on Friday and haven’t heard back.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh, man. That's SO good to hear! I just had my first interview (at Chatham in Pittsburgh) yesterday, and I felt like it was so formal and intimidating. One of the more stressful days of my life. I told myself that I didn't know if I could put myself through that again! :) Good to hear this one is more relaxed. Hey, do you mind me asking... the invite email referenced "group activities..." I was wondering about those. Is that part of the interview/something we're evaluated for? What do they consist of?
Yeah so the "group activities" is actually a group interview. They divided us into groups of 4 and paired us with a faculty member and they asked a couple of group discussion questions. Everybody was given a chance to answer and they rotated who answered first so you didn't have to answer last every time. After that they do a campus tour and then you have a 1-on-1 interview with a different faculty member.

Just got an email from Shenandoah saying that I was missing some prereqs and needed to send in my plan before my app can be fully considered. A few of the classes I’d already taken/indicated as being in progress on my PTCAS app and I let them know that, so hopefully I’ll get a decision soon. Did this happen to anyone else?

You’re welcome! Hopefully I will hear from them tomorrow. Were you given a day for the interview or were you able to choose the day for the interview?
You get to choose a 2 hour window slot for either day

Just got an email from Shenandoah saying that I was missing some prereqs and needed to send in my plan before my app can be fully considered. A few of the classes I’d already taken/indicated as being in progress on my PTCAS app and I let them know that, so hopefully I’ll get a decision soon. Did this happen to anyone else?
I received an email today saying they were still reviewing applications and should send out interviews early next week!

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone going to the Meet & Greet dinner at Emory & Henry this weekend? If so, what are you wearing?

Is anyone going to the Meet & Greet dinner at Emory & Henry this weekend? If so, what are you wearing?
Was this something you had to be invited to or can anyone go?

I'm going! From what it sounds like it is very informal so I was planning on just wearing a nice pair of jeans and a sweater or maybe a casual dress.

Was this something you had to be invited to or can anyone go?
I received the invitation when I was invited to interview with them. I think it is only for the people interviewing the next day.

Do you know how full the cohort is?
There’s a Facebook page that you can join once you submit your deposit and there’s only like 20 people in it. Their deposit is also fully refundable by February so I (and I’m sure others) are in the class right now but will be pulling out our deposits to go to other schools

I applied Shenandoah, yesterday they sent me an email telling me they are sending out interview invitations. They said they will finish reviewing the applications by next week. I assume we will hear from them very soon. And good luck for your admission.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got accepted to Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences/Mary Baldwin!!!!!:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
There’s a Facebook page that you can join once you submit your deposit and there’s only like 20 people in it. Their deposit is also fully refundable by February so I (and I’m sure others) are in the class right now but will be pulling out our deposits to go to other schools
Where is your number 1 choice or are you undecided based on how your interviews go?

Just curiosity, has anyone heard anything from Radford recently? I know the interviews are next week and I still have not heard anything from them.

Okay! Thanks for your reply. They’re my top choice but won’t even consider my app until the end of the semester so I was worried!

Where is your number 1 choice or are you undecided based on how your interviews go?
I got into Thomas Jefferson already so they’re my number 1 right now. Still waiting to hear back from one interview