Virginia DPT 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe. My last name is at the end of the alphabet and I still haven't heard back yet
My last name starts with a D and I haven’t heard back.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an acceptance letter from MU! Super excited!

Reactions: 1 user
Mine starts with an I and I haven’t heard back either. Just trying to understand the scattered invites.

I’m just going to be patient as it seems like they are probably a bit overwhelmed. I haven’t gotten a response yet as to if we are notified of our application status no matter what. I’m an M so I would be middle of the road if it was alphabetical anyway.

Last edited:
Just got an acceptance letter from MU! Super excited!
I just received an acceptance too! I also got into GW, which I have accepted, so hopefully that will open up a spot for someone who got waitlisted to Marymount. Good luck, guys! :biglove:

Did anyone got more details about the interview for Shenandoah? I got my invitation last week and send an email to accept it, but I haven’t gotten any reply after that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite from Emory and Henry!!!!!! If anyone could give me some insight I would very much appreciate it, it’s my first (and possibly only) interview!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone got more details about the interview for Shenandoah? I got my invitation last week and send an email to accept it, but I haven’t gotten any reply after that.

Yes, I got an email on Sunday telling me the date and time.

Just got an interview invite from Emory and Henry!!!!!! If anyone could give me some insight I would very much appreciate it, it’s my first (and possibly only) interview!!!!
Me too!!! So excited for the both of us!

I haven't got the email from Shenandoah yet, and I'm starting to worry a little bit.

Does anyone know anything about ODU? I've been trying to figure out when they normally start emailing people.

I haven't got the email from Shenandoah yet, and I'm starting to worry a little bit.

When did you submit your application ? I submitted mine on Sep 20th and still haven’t heard anything back. I tried to call Ms. Linda but no answer, I guess we just have to be a little bit more patient.

When did you submit your application ? I submitted mine on Sep 20th and still haven’t heard anything back. I tried to call Ms. Linda but no answer, I guess we just have to be a little bit more patient.

I submitted mine Sept 7th

Do you remember how long it took you to receive that second email from them?

It took them about a week to send out the second email! It was also during thanksgiving break, so it might have taken them a little longer to send out the second email.

It took them about a week to send out the second email! It was also during thanksgiving break, so it might have taken them a little longer to send out the second email.

Thanks for the reply! That makes me feel a whole lot better!!!

The interview process was very casual. There is one group interview, where you and 3-4 other students interview with a panel of faculty and current DPT students. Then there is one individual interview where it is just you and two faculty members. Very typical questions: "Why PT?" "Why E&H" etc.
They have the opportunity for you to attend a dinner the night before, where they give you info about the program and a facility tour. I highly recommend going to that if you can!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know anything about ODU? I've been trying to figure out when they normally start emailing people.
I have a friend who is a first year there now who found out in late February/early March of this past year. I also talked to some of the admissions people during their open house this past August and they said their admissions board meets once before Christmas and sends out a small amount of acceptances, but that most of the emails go out in the February/March timeframe. ODU is my #1, so hopefully they start looking at them soon!

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted to Radford today! But I think this was a super early response because they told me to expect to hear back in two weeks...and it has been three days since my interview.
Do you know anyone else who's heard back? I had my interview 11/22 and have not heard anything yet. My interviewer told me I'd probably hear back thew week before christmas.

The interview process was very casual. There is one group interview, where you and 3-4 other students interview with a panel of faculty and current DPT students. Then there is one individual interview where it is just you and two faculty members. Very typical questions: "Why PT?" "Why E&H" etc.
They have the opportunity for you to attend a dinner the night before, where they give you info about the program and a facility tour. I highly recommend going to that if you can!
Thank you for your response!! About how long do each last?

Ah congrats! Have you confirmed your slot/ if you have, have your heard back about more details?
Thank you!! Yes, I sent an email to Tracie not even 10 minutes after getting the email but still no reply. I’m assuming with the acceptance date for the first round of interviews coming up they’re just busy?

Yes, I got my second email today

Congrats!!! The Winchester campus, what about you and what time?
Would you be willing to share what the start times are? I know it’s about 4 hours that we will be there, but I’m praying the flight I got home will work. Did they ask if you had a preference etc?

Would you be willing to share what the start times are? I know it’s about 4 hours that we will be there, but I’m praying the flight I got home will work. Did they ask if you had a preference etc?
I didn’t get asked about a preferred time but got an email telling me to be there by 12.

The second email gives more information on when and where to go for the interview

Oh, I see, so the first email was just letting everyone know they just got an interview?

At this point, I don't think I will receive an interview :( but good luck everyone that will be interviewing!

Oh, I see, so the first email was just letting everyone know they just got an interview?

At this point, I don't think I will receive an interview :( but good luck everyone that will be interviewing!

I think they do another round of interviews after Christmas! Stay positive!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when VCU starts to sends out acceptances?

I did not know that either! I am going to stay positive until that rejection letter comes in lol

Yeah, the PT I shadowed actually went to Shenandoah and he had his interview sometime in January! I'm not certain, but definitely just keep your head up!

Does anyone know when VCU starts to sends out acceptances?
I saw on a thread somewhere that someone already got an acceptance from them. I haven't heard a peep though. :(

I saw on a thread somewhere that someone already got an acceptance from them. I haven't heard a peep though. :(
are you sure that thread was from 2019? or maybe they applied early decision? Because I was told by someone who goes there that they don't send out acceptances until mid-December at the earliest.

Do you know anyone else who's heard back? I had my interview 11/22 and have not heard anything yet. My interviewer told me I'd probably hear back thew week before christmas.
I do not know of anyone else who has heard back, but I also do not personally know anyone else who applied there.