virginia mason prelim surgery??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

justdontknow

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone know much about this program?? I heard the prelim surgery program isnt too bad in terms of workload..
 
anyone know much about this program?? I heard the prelim surgery program isnt too bad in terms of workload..

I've heard all good things about this program. Supposedly, it is easier than any of the prelim medicine progs in Seattle. Good hours. Not malignant.

Are you going there next year?

If you are, I'll see you there as a Gas resident doing the TY year. I requested as many surgery months with as little medicine months as possible.👍
 
Surgery at VM is better than medicine by a long shot. The comparison w/ the TY year is a little more difficult. In TY you get electives (which you dont get in surgery) but you have to do medicine rotations which are really painful here. If I had it to do over again I would do the TY program with an emphasis on surgery (like n2bait appears to have done). That being said you'll enjoy your surgery year here...