visa for dds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ash78

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi ..is there anyone who got student visa from india after change of status f1 in us.does anyone know about the rejections of F1 visa for dds.

Members don't see this ad.

please share ur views on visa issue for DDS.

please share ur views on visa issue for DDS.

I've heard that medical professionals from India are being denied student visas to other countries by India. There were related articles in the newspaper a few months ago in which it was said too many doctors are leaving India.

Members don't see this ad :)
India can't "deny" you a visa to go to a foreign country. It is at at foreign country's discretion whether to give you one or not

India can't "deny" you a visa to go to a foreign country. It is at at foreign country's discretion whether to give you one or not
I understand that obviously the visa is issued by the foreign country's embassy. But as far as I know you need permission to leave the country from both sides with a valid reason. I don't remember the exact date of the article, but it stated that India was losing its medical professionals (I'm not sure whether it refers to dentists or not) to foreign countries and they wanted to prevent this by making you sign a bond (linked below). At the end of the day if you do not get a visa you're not told why.

http://forbesindia.com/blog/health/india-to-doctors-please-dont-leave-or-we-will-bring-you-back/
-there was a repeat of this article later in the year around october

Last edited:
I understand that obviously the visa is issued by the foreign country's embassy. But as far as I know you need permission to leave the country from both sides with a valid reason. I don't remember the exact date of the article, but it stated that India was losing its medical professionals (I'm not sure whether it refers to dentists or not) to foreign countries and they wanted to prevent this by making you sign a bond (linked below). At the end of the day if you do not get a visa you're not told why.

http://forbesindia.com/blog/health/india-to-doctors-please-dont-leave-or-we-will-bring-you-back/
-there was a repeat of this article later in the year around october

thank you all for you input..
plz tell if anyone got rejected from us embassy for visa for dds program

thank you all for you input..
plz tell if anyone got rejected from us embassy for visa for dds program

guys please share your experiences...