VISA process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey delamer23:

If it helps you at all; i'm in Alberta and had everything done at different places. First I went to my panel doc who gave me forms for the bloodwork, which was done at a provincial lab, and for the chest xray which was done at an approved radiologist. Just make sure that the radiologist you go to is approved, for me it was "radiologist consultants associated"

hey thanks dunmaglas, i appreciate the input. it looks like that's the route i'll be taking, so it's nice to know that I'm not alone in doing so. now the biggest issue i'm facing is trekking through the snow to get to all these appts...ha..:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Things seem to really depend on what doctor you go to.

I went to a reall A** in Toronto. I had just done the HIV, Hep B and C bloodwork for my physical. I brought it to him and he said that he wouldn't accept it because "I could have sent my friend to do it and those were actually her results". What a waste of money. I had to get the blood taken in the office in front of him. He also required that I go to the panel radiologist down the street because then he would get the x-ray back directly from them. I couldn't go anywhere else. I would suggest calling the panel doctor you plan on going to and asking if what you want to do is ok. Hopefully your doctor is less anal than mine and will let you do it. And don't worry about getting it in on time. Once you've done everything it takes no time to be approved.