Visiting an office of admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glindathegoodwitch

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I'm currently pursuing a master's degree at the same institution where I would ideally like to attend medical school. My stats and ECs fall in the accepted range of the school and my brother recently graduated from this school, top 5% of the class- I was able to list my relationship to him on the secondary. My brother has told me to go into the admissions office and "see what's what" but I'm unsure of how to go about this without seeming pushy or annoying the office staff. Is there a way to tactfully ask what's happening? This school has rolling admissions so I'm really worried that I haven't heard anything yet. And yes, I know patience is a virtue...just figure it wouldn't hurt to ask what's going on.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im thinking they are waiting to see your grades in your masters program before offering you an invite. Is that usually the policy there?

Im thinking they are waiting to see your grades in your masters program before offering you an invite. Is that usually the policy there?

I don't think that's the issue, I only have 1 course left to complete my degree, so the transcripts I submitted won't be changing much.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the replies everyone. I won't be dropping by the office on my way to class lol.