Feb 20, 2015
Hi everyone :)

I'm currently pursuing a master's degree at the same institution where I would ideally like to attend medical school. My stats and ECs fall in the accepted range of the school and my brother recently graduated from this school, top 5% of the class- I was able to list my relationship to him on the secondary. My brother has told me to go into the admissions office and "see what's what" but I'm unsure of how to go about this without seeming pushy or annoying the office staff. Is there a way to tactfully ask what's happening? This school has rolling admissions so I'm really worried that I haven't heard anything yet. And yes, I know patience is a virtue...just figure it wouldn't hurt to ask what's going on.

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
I'd say "no". It seems a bit stalker-ish to show up univited. "Don't call us, we'll call you." is their motto.

Reactions: occams_razor

whatsupdr

2+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Im thinking they are waiting to see your grades in your masters program before offering you an invite. Is that usually the policy there?

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
I'd say "no". It seems a bit stalker-ish to show up univited. "Don't call us, we'll call you." is their motto.
Especially if you have an active application. If you were to arrange to visit prior to applying, there would less tension/conflict of interest concern. Once you have applied and are active, if you were to visit unannounced, that, to me, would be a conflict. How can the admissions give any hypothetical answers when it is no longer a hypothetical situation.

OP
glindathegoodwitch
Feb 20, 2015
Im thinking they are waiting to see your grades in your masters program before offering you an invite. Is that usually the policy there?
I don't think that's the issue, I only have 1 course left to complete my degree, so the transcripts I submitted won't be changing much.

Reactions: whatsupdr