Visiting AZPOD this month.... any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KingJ

I Was Justin You
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone..

So I am going to be in the Phoenix area later this month, (19th) and I made an appointment to check out the podiatry program at Midwestern. I'm meeting with an advisor and probably taking a tour of the campus.

I was wondering if any current students, or anyone who been there has an advice or suggestions on what to do while I am there. Is there anyone specifically I should talk to? Any idea on what the meeting is like or what they talk about?

I mainly just want to check out the campus and see what I need to do to get in.

Also, it would be great if any current students will be on campus and want to meet around that time.

Thanks alot guys!

Members don't see this ad.

If you get a chance, drive around some to check out the area around campus to get some housing ideas. The closer you can live to campus, the better. Our finals end (for 2nd year students) the next day, so its too bad you aren't coming on that day or more of us would have time to hang out with you. PM me if any questions. Enjoy yourself and don't forget sunscreen!

I'm visiting Western (though I have already been there) to check out their podiatry program more seriously.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm visiting Western (though I have already been there) to check out their podiatry program more seriously.

This thread is about AZpod darklord. I think we all understand your love of all things Western. You will name your first born Western. You worship at the house of Western, and you probably will get it tattooed multiple places on your body. You would probably go out and punch a baby if the Dean of Western took a pro-punching babies stance.

AZpod was talked about a lot on SDN in the fall/winter. Here are a few of the more popular threads. Also, there is interview feedback available under the podiatry tab.

Why not AZPod? http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=588134&highlight=AZpod

Admissions Department at AZpod http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=597308&highlight=AZpod

Interview at Azpod http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=605197&highlight=AZpod

these were just a few, you can also look at threads comparing different schools too, just use the search.

This thread is about AZpod darklord. I think we all understand your love of all things Western. You will name your first born Western. You worship at the house of Western, and you probably will get it tattooed multiple places on your body. You would probably go out and punch a baby if the Dean of Western took a pro-punching babies stance.

Hahaha. Oh wow, I was thinking this, but I wasn't going to say anything. I didn't want to get called "disrespectful" and "ignorant" for disagreeing with the great Darklord.

If you get a chance, I would talk to Dr. Page, the Program Director. He would definately be able to answer your questions. I don't know what kind of a meeting you will be having since it doesn't sound like a normal interview day. It is during finals week, like Creflo said, so it might be hit or miss with students being around. There are a few of us on here if you have any more specific questions. You can either PM me or just post some more.

This actually made me LOL :laugh:

I press cyberbulling charges on air bud. :idea: Cause he's an ass.
That's right. Don't mess with the highschoolers.

Hey everyone..

So I am going to be in the Phoenix area later this month, (19th) and I made an appointment to check out the podiatry program at Midwestern. I'm meeting with an advisor and probably taking a tour of the campus.

I was wondering if any current students, or anyone who been there has an advice or suggestions on what to do while I am there. Is there anyone specifically I should talk to? Any idea on what the meeting is like or what they talk about?

I mainly just want to check out the campus and see what I need to do to get in.

Also, it would be great if any current students will be on campus and want to meet around that time.

Thanks alot guys!

Thought you might also get a feedback from a fellow interviewee of AZPod (although I will be a CSPM student this coming fall).

Personally, I like the program and the facility and all that it has to offer ON campus.

What didn't attract me was a dry as a sahara desert weather that I experienced while visiting the campus.

I thought the campus almost looked like an Area 51 site...literally feels like the middle of no-where place.

Honestly (and even the current students think so as well), the cafeteria sucks.

I love AZPOD's program but what made me go for CSPM was their people. The faculty member at AZPOD did not show the same exhuberant positive attitude about its students, campus, program, and profession as the members at CSPM. Not to say that AZPOD is bad, but maybe it just was not meant to be for AZPOD and I.

Plus CSPM took us to a hole-in-a-wall mexican shack for some burritos!!!:thumbup:

If I loved the desert as much as the burritos, I would've picked AZPOD in an instant! (Also, my wifey was not very fond of the area she has to live in AZ in the near future. AZ does not have a lot of "fun" places to hang out and play, according to her. SF seems a lot more attractive and romantic for her ;))

Well I just got back today, its a pretty nice campus. Overall I'd say it was a good experience...

Dr. P, Dr. M, Dr. F are all a bunch of phonies just like their phony religion!! They treat their students like a bunch of children. It's a big scam!

lol i have no idea who ur talking about haha