Externship - vacation month

AdrenalineJockie

2+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2018
  1. Podiatry Student
Hi everyone! I'm a 3rd year and as we're filling out clerkship app right now, I have a question. Did you take a vacation month as a real vacation? Or did clerkship that month too? Or prepared for boards? I'm still deciding on what to do. Would really appreciate to know what you guys did. tia!

OnePodRanger

5+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2016
  1. Podiatry Student
Well, it really depends on what month are you assigning your vacation month.

If you're planning to put your vacation month near Part 2 (December, November), then I advise you to take some time to study. However, if you were planning to take a vacation month anytime after January, then do whatever you want with your free month.

After interviews and part 2 (if you passed), there are not that many things to do, in terms of getting a residency. Again, every podiatry school works differently when scheduling their fourth year but ultimately, you should be fine.

Reactions: 1 user

Weirdy

Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2016
  1. Resident [Any Field]
What pod ranger said.

If in December- clerkship or boards study if you know you are a weak standardized test taker.
If before December- clerkship at a place you are interested in
If after January- take an actual vacation.

If its after interviews- go travel or just spend that month doing video games + Netflix + boxing class or something aggressive to get your body in shape.

It only gets harder after you graduate.

Reactions: 2 users
About the Ads
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.