VMCAS experience "health professional"?

Started by Qwerty85
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Qwerty85

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am trying to determine whether to classify something as veterinary or animal experience. For veterinary experience, the VMCAS directions say "Veterinary experiences should relate to any veterinary clinical, agribusiness, health science, or research experiences that you have had with veterinarians, other health scientists, or other health professionals." What exactly counts as a health professional? Would someone with just a PhD be included?
 
I am trying to determine whether to classify something as veterinary or animal experience. For veterinary experience, the VMCAS directions say "Veterinary experiences should relate to any veterinary clinical, agribusiness, health science, or research experiences that you have had with veterinarians, other health scientists, or other health professionals." What exactly counts as a health professional? Would someone with just a PhD be included?

If their PhD is in something health or science related, then I think it counts since it says "other health scientists". What are you trying to classify?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I plan on putting down my ecology research with a PhD with fish as veterinary experience, so I would say do the same!