VMCVM c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It has to be getting soon!!

In my year it was almost a week before Christmas. Don’t freak out yet

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My friend that’s goes there said it should be after thanksgiving

Reactions: 4 users
Hey all! I was wondering if any current or previous applicants know if virginia allows interview dates to be picked between the two days they offer or if they assign you one? Thanks for the help and good luck to everyone here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all! I was wondering if any current or previous applicants know if virginia allows interview dates to be picked between the two days they offer or if they assign you one? Thanks for the help and good luck to everyone here.
If you check previous VAMD threads you’ll probably find out based on the wording of their posts saying they got an interview.

I believe they send along a survey allowing you to pick your date and time!

Reactions: 1 users
Are we thinking this is gonna come in this week or next? Are they typically sent out on a Monday?

Wednesday last yeat

**still compulsively refreshing my email**

Reactions: 3 users
Two years ago, it was Thursday 12/8/16. I think they just send them whenever they're ready. Hopefully soon!

The email they sent says "late November" so we have to be getting close. But I'm leaving the country (no data/wifi) for a week this Saturday and I would like to know before then, so it's not all I'm thinking about :arghh:

Reactions: 2 users
Should be hearing about interviews sometime this week if the timeline they sent out in September is accurate!

Reactions: 12 users
the suspense is killing me :laugh: do we think invites generally go out at the end of the business day ?

Members don't see this ad :)
the suspense is killing me :laugh: do we think invites generally go out at the end of the business day ?

Constantly refreshing my email and SDM.... I have had schools send interview emails in the morning, afternoon, and night so I do not know....

Constantly refreshing my email and SDM.... I have had schools send interview emails in the morning, afternoon, and night so I do not know....
Do people who get interviews tend to get in? Does anyone know if they have a number for how many interviews go out vs class size?

Im not getting my hopes up about most schools or any. Good thing is msu sends out invites into February so theres that. Hoping for an invite but yeah Id be happy with any school.

Do people who get interviews tend to get in? Does anyone know if they have a number for how many interviews go out vs class size?

From what I read on their site acceptances after the interview phase are based on the interviews. They basically re-rank each portion of the app review they do from what I saw which is why my mentor told me to apply.

They said that they email about 365 applicants.

I really hope they go out today or tomorrow or else I'm going to be distracted the whole week haha

Reactions: 3 users
From what I read on their site acceptances after the interview phase are based on the interviews. They basically re-rank each portion of the app review they do from what I saw which is why my mentor told me to apply.
Correct - acceptance is based completely on your interview scores. Application scores are only used to determine who gets an interview.

I really hope they go out today or tomorrow or else I'm going to be distracted the whole week haha
I agree... last year the invites went out on Tues Nov 21 around 3:45 pm.

They typically interview 150 - 160 candidates for the 80 VA/MD spots and around 160 or so for the 40+ out of state spots.

Looking back the last two times I applied to VA-MD these were the dates I tracked down in my emails:

12/08/2016 denied
12/19/2015 interview offered

Soooo hopefully they come out real soon!!

The subject line on the interview offer email was: "VA-MD: Interview Invitation"
When I was denied the second time the subject line was " Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine Admissions Decision."

Not sure if that has changed in the last few years, but thought I'd mention it for anyone anxiously awaiting an email like me!

Reactions: 8 users
Looking back the last two times I applied to VA-MD these were the dates I tracked down in my emails:

12/08/2016 denied
12/19/2015 interview offered

Soooo hopefully they come out real soon!!

The subject line on the interview offer email was: "VA-MD: Interview Invitation"
When I was denied the second time the subject line was " Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine Admissions Decision."

Not sure if that has changed in the last few years, but thought I'd mention it for anyone anxiously awaiting an email like me!

Are you IS or OOS?

Also, I think I may break my email from refreshing it so frequently.

They are so going to wait till Friday the 30th, just to mess with us

They are so going to wait till Friday the 30th, just to mess with us
I'll wait until Friday if that's difference between an academic decision and an interview invite

THANKS FOR THE HEART ATTACK!!!!

"Good Afternoon,

We wanted to send an update on our application review process. Interview information is forthcoming, please look for updates within the next week. All notifications will be sent via email.

Please let us know if you have any questions about anything!

Take care,

DVM Admissions Team

The Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine"

Reactions: 7 users
That email they just sent.... sometime within the next week.

The most recent email has me quietly screaming — expect interview info within the NEXT week? plz VM i love u

So does "within the next week" mean next week? As in the first week in December?

Just happy it wasn’t a rejection!!! :p

Ooo what day? Mine is Sunday, so at least their decision wont be on my actual birthday.

you'd be surprised. 2 years ago, I got a rejection email from Mizzou on a Saturday night. Savage. they come at any time lolol

Man. You guys are making me relive the stress I felt waiting to get my invite 2 years ago. It’s the worst. Hang in there!

So does "within the next week" mean next week? As in the first week in December?
That was my first question! I'm hoping that they'll stick to their original timeline of "last week in November" but I wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed back a week :rolleyes:

Hi Everyone, the admissions coordinator for Virginia-Maryland came to our pre vet club and said that interview decisions should come out Monday if that helps anyone with the waiting game.

---- from the APVMA facebook group!!

Reactions: 6 users
Hi Everyone, the admissions coordinator for Virginia-Maryland came to our pre vet club and said that interview decisions should come out Monday if that helps anyone with the waiting game.

So not late November then... They lied! :eek:

Does that include outright rejections, if you know?

Times like these where I wish I hadn't deleted FB...but it needed to be done